SBI Fund Management Company:
SBI Funds Management Private Ltd. is one of the leading asset management companies in India with 25 years of experience in fund management, and also having an investor base of over 4.58 million. The company has been constantly delivering value to its investors since its inception which is a joint venture between the State Bank of India and AMUNDI, another leading fund management company. SBI Fund Management Company serves a huge family of investors with its network of over 222 points of acceptance throughout the country, and offers stable investment policies to help investors meet their financial objectives.
SBI Mutual Funds:
SBI Mutual funds (SBIMF) are managed by SBI Fund Management Company. These funds serve as a viable investment option for a large group of investors in India. SBI Mutual Fund offers both domestic and offshore funds. Following are seven different types of mutual funds offered by SBI Mutual Fund:
Equity Schemes: The main aim of these schemes is to provide capital growth for investors. Equity schemes enable investors to invest in equity and equity related instruments of companies for medium to long terms. Under its Equity Scheme, SBI MF offers the following sub-types:
- Equity/ Growth Funds.
- Sectoral Funds.
- Thematic Funds.
- ELSS Funds.
- Index Funds.
- Market Neutral Strategy.
Each type contains different schemes under it.
- Exchange Traded Schemes: Exchange Traded Funds trade in stocks and they come with a number of securities. SBIMF offer 5 different schemes under its Exchange Traded Scheme.
- Hybrid Scheme: It is a type of mutual fund/scheme that invests in a mixture of debt and equity securities in different proportions. It includes both bond and stock components. SBIMF offers 7 different schemes under its Hybrid Funds.
- Debt / Income Schemes: These schemes invest in fixed income securities such as bonds, corporate debentures, government securities etc. Investors can get regular and steady income investing in them. SBIMF offers 11 different schemes under its Debt/Income Schemes.
- Fixed Maturity Plans: These are close-ended debt schemes with fixed maturity dates. They invest in debt and money market instruments. SBIMF offers a wide range of schemes under its Fixed Maturity Plans.
- Liquid Schemes: These schemes invest in short term investment products including treasury bills, commercial paper and certificates of deposit. SBIMF offers 3 different schemes under its Liquid Schemes.
- Fund of Funds: It is a type of mutual fund that invests mainly in other schemes of the same mutual fund or other mutual funds. SBI Gold Fund is the only such scheme offered by SBI Mutual Fund.
- Dividend under Dividend Option: SBI Mutual Fund introduces Dividend under Dividend option under which it provides SBI Blue Chip Fund and SBI Magnum Balanced Fund.
Why Choose SBI Mutual Fund?
There are many benefits associated with SBI Mutual funds which are particularly designed to cater to the needs of both individual investors and business entities. Mentioned below is a list of benefits offered by SBI Mutual Fund:
- Get capital appreciation on your investments at lower risk.
- SBI Mutual Fund offers both domestic and offshore funds.
- You can chose from a wide range of tailor-made schemes as per your requirements.
- Tax planning is made easy with SBI Mutual Fund. It provides Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) by investing in which you can get tax benefits. ELSS is a type of diversified equity mutual fund qualified for tax exemption under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- NRIs can also invest in SBI Mutual Fund.
- You can invest online and access your investments at any time as per your needs.
News About SBI Mutual Fund
SBI MF to launch new hybrid scheme
SBI Mutual Fund has filed the necessary documents i.e. the offer document to introduce its new hybrid scheme called the SBI Dual Advantage Fund - Series XIII - XV.
This scheme is close-ended, requiring a minimum initial investment of Rs.5,000. Further investments can be made in multiples of Re.1. Unit price of the NFO is Rs.10. The scheme features no entry or exit loads. Two options are offered under this scheme viz. the growth or dividend option. The fund’s comparison benchmarks are the NIFT, the CRISIL Short Term Bond Fund Index and the CRISIL MIP Blended Fund Index depending on the maturity of the schemes.
10th September 2015