About The SBI Fund Management Company:
SBI Funds Management Private Limited. is one of the leading asset management companies in India with over 30 years of experience in fund management, and also having an investor base of over 5 million. The company has been constantly delivering value to its investors since its inception which is a joint venture between the State Bank of India and AMUNDI, another leading fund management company. SBI Fund Management Company serves a huge family of investors with its network of over 222 points of acceptance throughout the country. It offers stable investment policies to help investors meet their financial objectives.
About SBI Mutual Funds:
SBI Mutual Funds (SBI MF) are managed by the SBI Fund Management Company. These funds serve as a viable investment option for a large group of investors in India. SBI Mutual Fund offers both domestic and offshore funds. Following are seven different types of Mutual Funds offered by SBI Mutual Fund:
Equity Schemes: The main aim of these schemes is to provide capital growth for investors. Equity schemes enable investors to invest in equity and equity-related instruments of companies for the medium to long term. Under its equity scheme, SBI MF offers the following sub-types:
- Market neutral
Each type contains different schemes under it.
Exchange Traded Schemes: Exchange Traded Funds are listed on the stock exchange and are traded like stocks. SBI MF offers 7 different schemes under its Exchange Traded Fund segment.
Hybrid Scheme: This is a type of Mutual Fund scheme that invests in a mixture of debt and equity securities in different proportions. It includes both bond and stock components. SBI MF offers 29 different schemes under its hybrid funds category.
Debt / Income Schemes: These schemes invest in fixed income securities such as bonds, corporate debentures, government securities etc. Investors can get payouts in the form of income by investing in these schemes. SBI MF offers 9 different schemes under its debt / income schemes segment.
Liquid Schemes: These schemes invest in short-term investment products including treasury bills, commercial paper and certificates of deposit. SBI MF offers 3 different schemes under its liquid schemes category.
Fund of Funds: This is a type of Mutual Fund that invests mainly in other schemes of the same Mutual Fund or other Mutual Funds. SBI Gold Fund is the only such scheme offered by SBI MF.
Dividend under Dividend Option: SBI Mutual Fund provides the Dividend Under Dividend option. This is available for SBI Blue Chip Fund and SBI Magnum Balanced Fund.
Why Choose an SBI Mutual Fund?
There are many benefits associated with SBI MF which are particularly designed to cater to the needs of both individual investors and business entities. Mentioned below is a list of benefits offered by SBI MF:
- Get capital appreciation on your investments.
- SBI MF offers both domestic and offshore funds.
- You can chose from a wide range of schemes as per your requirements.
- Tax planning is made easy with SBI Mutual Funds. It provides Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) that offers tax benefits. ELSS is a type of diversified equity Mutual Fund qualified for tax exemption under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- NRIs can also invest in SBI Mutual Funds.
- Additionally, SBI MF offers alternate asset investment products through Alternative Investment Funds (AIF). They launched their first alternative investment fund in 2015 and more funds are on the anvil as the space is still nascent and a lot of opportunities exist. With a defined regulatory framework in place, AIFs are growing faster and boosting investments in the country with participation from domestic as well as foreign investors.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.