About Edelweiss Group
Edelweiss Finance Limited was founded in the year 1996 and has been a lead player in the financial industry ever since. The company provides asset management, insurance broking and investment banking services to its customers. The company has its headquarters in Mumbai and has operations in 19 Indian states. Edelweiss got approval to launch its own mutual fund business in the year 2008.
Edelweiss Mutual Funds
Edelweiss mutual funds are an integral part of the Edelweiss Group. These mutual funds are a professionally managed pool of funds that are invested on behalf of customers in various shares, securities and debentures. The income earned from these is then shared with the investors in proportion to the number of share units held by them.
Edelweiss Asset Management Ltd. manages mutual funds for Edelweiss. The company follows a process-oriented and research-driven approach to help investors grow and manage their funds. The fund management team at Edelweiss comes with a deep experience in the field of mutual funds.
Types of Edelweiss Mutual Funds
Edelweiss mutual funds schemes fall under one of the below stated categories.
- Equity Funds: Equity funds are those mutual fund schemes that invest money of their investors in equities or stocks. The risk associated with this type of fund is higher since the money is directly invested into stocks and hence return as well as risk both are on the higher side as compared to other fund types.
- Debt Funds: These type of mutual funds invest money in debt instruments like government securities and corporate bonds. Debt funds are considered to be the safest fund options since the risk associated with these is really low as compared to other fund types. The main motto of debt funds is conservation of cash and generation of income.
- Liquid Funds: As the name indicates, liquid funds are aimed at greater liquidity which comes mostly as a result of lower maturity period. These funds primarily invest in money market instruments such as treasury bills, certificates of deposit, commercial papers and term deposits. Liquid funds do not have a lock-in period and as such are the best fund option for short-term investments.
Why choose Edelweiss Mutual Funds?
Besides strong performances and returns by the various schemes listed under its various fund categories, there are a number of reasons to invest in Edelweiss MFs.
- Strong risk management: Edelweiss assesses the risk appetite of its customers and provides mutual fund options accordingly. This keeps customers covered in terms of risk and ensures a smoother and stronger customer-relationship.
- Array of schemes: Edelweiss offers an array of fund schemes for customers to choose from. These schemes are based on the fund that they invest in and the lock-in period. Customers are thus able to choose the scheme that suits them the most.
- Controlled fund schemes: Mutual fund schemes by Edelweiss are regulated by SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India). This makes these schemes safe to hold and free from any potential financial scams.
- Expert portfolio-management team: Edelweiss has a strong portfolio management team that ensures hassle-free fund management. The expert personnel is well-trained to look into the financial requirements of customers and guide them accordingly.