DSP BlackRock is a partnership between DSP Group, one of India’s oldest financial firm and BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world. It is one of the foremost asset management firms in India and has a track record of 20 years in investment excellence. The DSP Group has been instrumental in the growth of capital markets since its inception in the 1860s into the business of stock broking. on the other hand has a reputation for managing more investments than any other investment companies in the world.
The fund house offers 32 schemes in the categories of - equity, hybrid, debt, solutions, and international Fund of Funds (FoFs). The DSP Top 100 Equity Fund-Regular Plan-Growth is an open-ended equity scheme that invests in stocks of firms with large market capitalisation and has a long-term investment horizon.
To produce capital gains for the investor over a long term through investment in a portfolio that predominantly consists of equity and its related securities of large cap firms.
|Type of fund||An open-ended equity scheme|
|Plans available||Growth Dividend - Payout and Reinvestment|
|Options under each plan||The dividend option has payout and reinvestment option|
|Systematic Investment Plan||Available|
|Systematic Transfer Plan||Available|
|Systematic Withdrawal Plan||Available|
Investment amount for DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
|Minimum Application Amount||Rs.1,000 and any amount thereafter|
|Minimum Additional Investment||Rs.1,000 and any amount thereafter|
|Minimum installment for Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)||Rs.500|
|Minimum installment for Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP)||Rs.500|
|Entry Load||Not Applicable|
|Exit Load||The investor has to pay 1% exit load if he/she exits the scheme before 1 year from unit allotment date. No exit load will be applicable if the investor exits after 1 year|
Asset Allocation for DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
|Instruments||Percentage of total assets||Risk Profile|
|Equity and its related securities||90%||100%||Medium to High|
|Debt, securitised debt and money market instruments||0%||10%||Low to Medium|
Who can invest in DSP Top 100 Equity Fund?
Investments in DSP Top 100 Equity Fund can be made by the below-mentioned persons/entities:
- Adult individuals residing in India, either singly or jointly (cannot exceed 3 people)
- Karta of Hindu Undivided Families
- Minors through a legal guardian or parent
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), on repatriation or non-repatriation basis
- Limited Liability Partnerships and Partnership firms
- Association of Persons or Body of Individuals
- Corporate bodies and companies registered in India
- Universities and educational institutions
- Religious and Charitable Trusts, Wakfs or endowments of private trusts
- SEBI registered Foreign Portfolio Investor
- Financial institutions and banks (including Regional Rural Banks and Co-operative Banks)
- Scientific and Industrial Research Organisations
- Army, Navy, Air Force, and other paramilitary funds
- Proprietorship in the name of the sole proprietor
- International Multilateral Agencies approved by the RBI and Government of India
- Mutual fund schemes registered with SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India)
- Pensions/Gratuity/Provident Fund to a permissible extent
- AMC/Trustee or Sponsor or their associates
NAV Disclosure and Benchmark for DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
The Net Asset Value (NAV) for this scheme is calculated by dividing the net assets of the scheme by the number of units that are outstanding on the date of valuation. The NAV is computed at the end of every business day and will be rounded off to 3 decimal places.
The NAV of the scheme is made available by the fund house by 9:00 p.m. each day and is sent for publication to at least 2 national newspapers. The NAV will also be published on the website of the AMFI at www.amfiindia.com and on the website of DSP at www.dspblackrock.com.
Liquidity: The redemption proceeds will be dispatched within 3 working days from the date the redemption request is accepted.
Benchmark Index: S&P BSE 100 Index
Mr. Harish Zaveri
The DSP Top 100 Equity Fund has been managed by Mr. Harish Zaveri since July 2015. He has over 23 years of experience in equities and capital markets. He also co-manages the DSP Focus 25 Fund and DSP Dual Advantage Fund-Series 49 to 42M.
Investment Restrictions on DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) have laid down the below-given restrictions on the DSP Top 100 Equity Fund scheme:
- The scheme is not allowed to invest above 10% of its NAV in debt securities that have been issued by a single issuer and rated above the investment grade by a credit rating agency. This limitation will not be applicable to investments in treasury bills, government securities, and CBLO (Collateralised Borrowing and Lending Obligation).
- The mutual fund cannot own above 10% of any firm’s paid-up capital carrying voting rights.
- The scheme is not permitted to make investments in - any unlisted security of a group company or associate of the sponsor, any security issued by private placement, and any listed securities of sponsor’s group company which is more than 25% of the net assets.
- No scheme is allowed to invest above 5% of its NAV in unlisted securities/equity shares/venture capital fund units/equity related securities.
- The cumulative gross exposure of the scheme cannot exceed 100% of the net assets through debt, equity, and derivatives position.
- The scheme is not permitted to invest in any Fund of Funds (FoF) scheme.
- The scheme cannot invest above 10% of its NAV in equity and its related securities of any firm or listed securities or venture capital fund units.
- All the investment restrictions shall apply at the time of making investments.
Dividend Policy of DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
The dividend option is ideal for investors who seek to receive regular income through the dividends declared by the scheme. The dividends will only be given out to unitholders who have opted for this option. The dividends will comprise majorly of realised gains and net income generated by the scheme.
Dividends can be availed in 2 ways - Payout Dividend and Reinvest Dividend.
In the Payout Dividend option, investors will receive the dividend warrants within 30 days of the dividend being declared. Only those unitholders whose names appear on the register will be eligible to receive the dividends. The dividend payments will be made through a cheque or can be transferred directly into the bank account of the unitholder.
In the Reinvest Dividend option, the generated dividend is invested back into purchasing additional units of the scheme instead of giving away payouts. Reinvestment in such cases will be done at the applicable NAV on the next working day after the record date.
The dividend option will reduce the NAV of the unitholders by the declared dividend amount.
Other Facilities offered by DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
The DSP Top 100 Equity Fund offers the below facilities to investors:
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP)
- Systematic Transfer Plan (STP)
- Personal Identification Number
- Pledge of units for loans
- Dividend Transfer Plan (DTP)
- My Target Value Savings Account Facility
- One Time Mandate (OTM) Facility
Why you should invest in DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
- Since its inception in 2003, the DSP Top 100 Equity Fund has been offering consistent track record over a long term.
- Independent analysts have rated the DSP Top 100 Equity Fund highly.
- For an SIP as low as Rs.500, investors can make investments in the DSP Top 100 Equity Fund.
- The portfolio comprises large-cap, blue-chip stocks that have been chosen from the world’s largest companies by market capitalisation listed in India.
- The firms that make up the investment portfolio possess good management resources, have achieved scale, and are forerunners in their respective industry categories.
- Being an equity scheme, the DSP Top 100 Equity Fund has a potential of achieving good returns.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.