Money won’t grow in your mattress.
It will grow in a Fixed Deposit!
  • loading

    Top 10 Fixed Deposit Schemes for 3 Years Tenures

    Institution Name
    Deposit Amount Range
    Tenure Range
    Interest Rate
    Up to ₹1Cr
    7 Days to 20 Years
    5.25% - 9% Quarterly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Highlights
    Documents
    Good to Know
    Up to ₹1Cr
    7 Days to 10 Years
    4% - 7.75% Quarterly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Highlights
    Documents
    Good to Know
    Up to ₹1Cr
    7 Days to 10 Years
    4.25% to 7.85% Monthly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Documents
    Good to Know
    Up to ₹1Cr
    15 Days to 20 Years
    4.5% to 8% Monthly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Documents
    Good to Know
    Up to ₹1Cr
    7 Days to 10 Years
    6% to 8% Monthly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Documents
    Good to Know
    Up to ₹1Cr
    7 Days to 10 Years
    4% to 8% Monthly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Highlights
    Documents
    Good to Know
    NRI - FD
    Up to ₹1Cr
    1 Year to 5 Years
    6.75% - 7.6% Monthly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Documents
    Good to Know
    NRI - FD
    Up to ₹1Cr
    1 Year to 10 Years
    7.25% - 7.5% Monthly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Highlights
    Documents
    Good to Know
    NRI - FD
    Up to ₹1Cr
    1 Year to 10 Years
    7% - 7.5% Monthly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Documents
    Good to Know
    NRI - FD
    Up to ₹1Cr
    1 Year onwards
    7% - 7.5% Monthly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Highlights
    Documents
    Good to Know
    Up to ₹1Cr
    7 Days to 10 Years
    3.75% - 7.9% Quarterly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Highlights
    Documents
    Good to Know
    NRI - FD
    Up to ₹1Cr
    1 Year to 5 Years
    7.25% - 7.4% Quarterly compounding
    Response Time Within 30 minutes
    Features
    Highlights
    Documents
    Good to Know
    Close

    Tell us about yourself & we'll find the best Fixed Deposit offers for you.

    Fixed Deposit BYTES FROM OUR KITCHEN

    Overview

    A fixed deposit is traditionally viewed as a long-term investment, with most people opting for longer tenures, hoping to secure their financial future. However, one can also choose a FD for a shorter period, aiming to avail returns for the immediate future. Fixed deposits for three years generally tend to have higher interest rates compared to others, ensuring an investment gets decent returns without additional risks.

    Top 10 FD Schemes for 3 Years In India:

    Listed below are some of the best schemes for a 3 years tenure.

    1. Shriram City Union Finance (SCUF) 3 Years FD

      A 3 year FD at SCUF will help individuals earn an interest of 8.50% per annum on their investment. Senior citizens are eligible to earn 0.25% more, with interest for them being 8.75%, with the interest compounded annually.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8.50% 2.55 lakhs
      2 lakhs 8.75% 2.57 lakhs
    2. RBL Bank Fixed Deposit for Tenure of 3 Years

      A FD with a term upto 36 months can earn individuals an effective annualised interest of 8.77% (9.31% in case of senior citizens). A host of FD options ensure that one can find a suitable product which meets their requirements.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8.77% 2.57 lakhs
      2 lakhs 9.31% 2.62 lakhs
    3. Shriram Transport Finance Company (STFC) 3 Years FD

      A highly rated NBFC fixed deposit, STFC offers the choice of different terms to investors. A 3 year FD with the company will earn investors an interest of 8.50% per annum (compounded annually). Senior citizens earn an additional 0.25%, taking their overall interest to 8.75% per annum.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8.50% 2.55 lakhs
      2 lakhs 8.75% 2.57 lakhs
    4. India Post Fixed Deposit for Three Years

      Individuals can choose to open a FD with India Post, with the government backed entity offering safe returns on investment. A 3 year FD will earn investors an interest of 7.40% per annum, with the interest compounded every quarter.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 7.40% 2.50 lakhs
    5. LIC Housing Finance Limited (HFC) 3 Year FD

      LIC HFC offers FDs with different terms, with investors earning an interest of 8.40% per annum on a 3 year term, with the interest compounded every year. Senior citizens can earn an interest of either 8.50% or 8.65% per annum, depending on the amount invested.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8.40% 2.54 lakhs
      2 lakhs 8.65% 2.57 lakhs
    6. Bandhan Bank FD for Three Years Tenure

      One of the latest to enter the Indian banking industry, Bandhan Bank has established itself as a major player in the FD segment, offering high returns on an investment. A FD upto 3 years with the bank will earn individuals an interest of 8.25% per annum, with interest compounded quarterly. Senior citizens are eligible to earn an additional interest of 0.50%.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8.25% 2.55 lakhs
      2 lakhs 8.75% 2.59 lakhs
    7. Sundaram Finance FD for 3 Years Tenure

      A 3 year FD with Sundaram Finance will help investors earn an interest of 8% on their investment, with this interest compounded every quarter. Senior citizens are entitled to an interest of 8.50% for the same period.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8.00% 2.53 lakhs
      2 lakhs 8.50% 2.58 lakhs
    8. Mahindra Finance Three Years FD

      A 3 year FD will earn an interest of 8.45% per annum, with this interest compounded quarterly. Senior citizens are entitled to an interest on 8.70% on their investment.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8.45% 2.57 lakhs
      2 lakhs 8.70% 2.59 lakhs
    9. Gruh Finance Fixed Deposit for 3 Year

      Gruh Finance offers an FD which is highly rated by CRISIL (FAAA). Interest on this FD for 3 years is 8% per annum for men and 8.25% per annum for women and senior citizens.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8% 2.51 lakhs
      2 lakhs 8.25% 2.53 lakhs
    10. ICICI Home Finance 3 Years Fixed Deposit

      A highly rated product, ICICI Home Finance offers an interest of 8.25% per annum on its FD. Senior citizens earn an additional 0.25%, taking their overall interest to 8.50%. Interest is compounded every year.

      Expected returns on an investment of Rs.2 lakh are mentioned in the table below.

      Investment (Rs) Interest Rate Return after 3 years (Rs)
      2 lakhs 8.25% 2.53 lakhs
      2 lakhs 8.50% 2.56 lakhs

    Note: All rates mentioned above are as of June, 2016. The banks/NBFCs have the power to modify/alter these rates at their own discretion, without prior intimation. All returns mentioned here are computed based on an approximation and actual returns could vary from case to case.

    Updated on 22 June ‘16

    Got something to say? Go on, you can say it; we don't bite. In fact, the more said, the better. The only thing we ask is that you keep it squeaky clean and follow our posting guidelines. Do not disclose sensitive information like your bank account details or phone number (or home planet). Comments posted on the BankBazaar site are not reviewed or endorsed by representatives of financial institutions affiliated with the reviewed products, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

    reTH65gcmBgCJ7k - pingdom check string.
    reTH65gcmBgCJ7k - pingdom check string.
    This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.