Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Bank, established in 1938, is a well-known bank in the country and is listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). J&K Bank offers a variety of financial services which includes Fixed Deposits (FDs). The bank pays an attractive interest rate on all domestic term deposits that are less than Rs.1 crore, more than Rs.1 crore to less than Rs.5 crore and deposits more than Rs.5 crore.
Features of fixed deposits offered by Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- The fixed deposit account can be opened by an individual or a group of people, minors with the help of a guardian, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs), public and private companies and also various partnership firms
- The minimum amount needed to open the account is Rs.100.
- Interest is fixed and paid only on a quarterly basis or at the time of maturity.
- The minimum tenure for this fixed deposit account is 7 days and the maximum is 10 years.
Best Jammu & Kashmir Bank FD Rates
|Tenure||Regular FD rates p.a.|
|7 days to 1 month||3.00%|
|31 days to 45 days||3.25%|
|46 days to 3 months||3.75%|
|91 days to 6 months||4.10%|
|181 days to 9 months||4.40%|
|271 days up to 365 days||4.75%|
|365 days to less than 2 years||5.25%|
|2 years to below 3 years||5.30%|
|3 years to below 5 years||5.30%|
|5 years to below 10 years||5.30%|
*The Jammu & Kashmir Bank Domestic term deposit rates are subject to change as per the discretion of the bank. The rates provided above are effective as of July 2020.
* Domestic term deposits for all senior citizens will be 0.50% additional rate across all maturities.
- On the short-term and medium-term basis, the rate of interest for regular citizens ranges from 3.00% per annum to 5.3% per annum.
- For senior citizens, the rate of interest is 0.5% additional.
- The highest rate of interest paid by the bank is 5.3% per annum, which is gained during a tenure that ranges from 2 years up to 10 years for regular citizens. The rate paid is 7.50% per annum for senior citizens for the same tenure.
Jammu & Kashmir Bank FD Rates: Rs.2 Crore to Rs.5 Crores
|Tenure Bracket||Regular FD rates (per annum)|
|7 days to 1 month||3.00%|
|31 days to 45 days||3.10%|
|46 days to 3 months||3.25%|
|91 days to 6 months||3.50%|
|181 days to 9 months||4.00%|
|271 days up to 365 days||4.00%|
|365 days to less than 2 years||4.50%|
|2 years to below 3 years||4.50%|
|3 years to below 5 years||4.50%|
|5 years to below 10 years||4.50%|
- The rate of interest on a short-term and medium-term basis ranges from 3.00% per annum to 4.5% per annum for regular citizens.
- Domestic term deposits for all senior citizens will be 0.50% additional rate across all maturities.
- For regular citizens, on a long-term basis, the interest rates is 4.5%.
Rates Of Interest For Non-withdrawable Term Deposits
|Maturity Period||Deposit Type||Revised Interest Rates per Annum (Non-Withdrawable)|
|For Rs 2.00 Crs to Rs 2.50 Crs||Above Rs 2.50 Crs to Less than Rs 5.00 Crs|
|91 days to 180 days||Domestic/NRO||3.60%||3.60%|
|181 days to 270 days||Domestic/NRO||4.10%||4.10%|
|271 days to less than 1 year||Domestic/NRO||4.35%||4.35%|
|1 year to less than 2 years||Domestic/NRO/NRE||4.60%||4.60%|
|2 year to less than 3 years||Domestic/NRO/NRE||4.60%||4.60%|
The interest rates applicable on FCNR (B) deposits for the month of July 2020 shall be as under:
*Deposits for a maximum period of 3 years only
The interest rates applicable on RFC deposits for the month of July 2020 shall be as under:
|1 Month< 6 Months||0.08||0.05||0||0|
|6 Month < 1 Year||0.18||0.15||0||0|
|1 Year < 2 Years||1.12||0.99||0||0|
|2 Years < 3 Years||1.08||1.03||0||0|
RFC Saving Deposits
The revised interest rates shall be applicable on fresh deposits and renewal of maturing deposits.
- Compare Fixed Deposit rates of Jammu And Kashmir Bank with other institutions
- Check your eligibility for an Jammu And Kashmir Bank Fixed Deposit
- Apply for Jammu And Kashmir Bank Fixed Deposit