Barclays Bank is a UK-based entity that has its presence in India since 1990. Today, the bank is recognised as one of the leading names in the investment banking sector. However, apart from investment and corporate banking, they also offer fixed deposit (FDs) that suits various personal banking needs. Barclays Bank fixed deposit rates are on par with the industry rates and the bank gives FD customers a wide range of other benefits.
Barclays Bank Fixed Deposits for Regular Citizens
|Tenure||Rate % p.a. (Applicable for deposits less than 2 crore)|
|Term Deposit Interest Rate - Applicable for Domestic & NRO w.e.f. 17.06.2020|
|8 days to 14 days||1.25%|
|16 days to 30 days||1.25%|
|31 days to 45 days||1.35%|
|46 days to 60 days||2.25%|
|61 days to 90 days||2.25%|
|91 days to 120 days||2.65%|
|121 days to 180 days||2.65%|
|181 days to 240 days||2.90%|
|241 days to 270 days||2.90%|
|271 days to 364 days||2.90%|
|366 days to 400 days||2.90%|
|401 days to 500 days||2.90%|
|501 days to 547 days||2.90%|
|548 days to 730 days||2.90%%|
|731 days to 820 days||2.90%|
|821 days to 910 days||3.50%|
|911 days to 1000 days||3.50%|
|1001 days to 1095 days||3.50%|
|1096 days to 1460 days||3.50%|
|1461 days to 1825 days||3.50%|
|1826 days to 2190 days||3.50%|
|2191 days to 2555 days||3.50 %|
Barclays short-term FD rates
- Just like other banks, this bank too has a lot of short-term options to choose from.
- The minimum tenure is 7 days while the maximum is less than 1 year.
- The interest rate paid in this slot ranges from a minimum of 1.25% p.a. to 2.90% p.a.
- Depositors can gain the maximum of 2.90% p.a. out of their investment if they invest in a tenure of 1 year.
- The rate that is paid for an investment duration of 61 days to 120 days is 2.65% p.a., while the bank rate applicable for 46 days to 60 days is 2.25% p.a.
- The other rates paid are 1.34% p.a. for 31 days to 45 days, 1.25% p.a. for 15 days to 30 days and 1.25% p.a. for 7 days.
Barclays medium-term FD rates
- The duration of investment ranges from 1 year to 5 years for all medium-term deposit schemes offered by Barclays.
- The interest rate paid for this type of deposit scheme ranges from 2.9% p.a. to 3.5% p.a.
- The highest rate of interest paid is 3.5% p.a. for a tenure that ranges from 821 days to 1825 days
- For 731 days to 820 days, the bank rate applicable is 2.9% p.a., and for 548 days to 730 days, the rate paid is 2.9% p.a.
- Depositors can earn up to 2.9% p.a. for putting their money for 510 days to 547 days, and investing from 401 days to 500 days.
Barclays long-term FD rates
- All long-term domestic term deposits pay interest at the rate of 3.5% p.a.
- The tenure for this type of investment option begins from more than 5 years to 7 years.
- People can choose to put money from 1826 days to 2190 days, or from 2191 days to 2555 days.
Note: Please note that the interest rate will be compounded on a quarterly basis for all term deposits that are held for 181 days and more.