If you live in Gurgaon and own a vehicle, you are required to have a learner's licence if you are still learning to drive. A learner's permit is a legal document that allows you to drive your vehicle on public roads as a learner before applying for a driver's permit.
Eligibility Criteria for Learners Licence in Gurgaon
Given below are the eligibility criteria you must fulfill before applying for a learner’s licence in Gurgaon:
- You must have passed at least 8th standard of schooling.
- You must be aware of the traffic rules and regulations in Gurgaon.
- Minimum age should be 16 years if you want to apply for a learner’s licence for a non-geared motorcycle. The minimum ages of eligibility to obtain a licence for a light motor vehicle and a commercial vehicle in Gurgaon are 18 years and 20 years, respectively.
Documents Required for Learners Licence in Gurgaon
Given below is the list of documents you will have to submit while applying for a leaner’s licence in Gurgaon:
- Form Number 2 duly filled and signed by you.
- Application Fee of Rs.151 for the application form and Rs.50 for the test.
- Proof of age such as PAN Card, Passport, etc.
- Proof of address such as Aadhaar, Passport, Utility Bills, etc.
- Duly filled and signed Medical Certificate Form 1 and Physical Fitness Certificate Form 1A.
- Passport sized photographs.
You can apply for a learner's licence in one of two ways: online or offline. We'll look at the steps involved in getting a learner's permit in Gurgaon.
How to Apply Online for Learners Licence in Gurgaon
You can visit the official website for the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways also known as the Parivahan Sewa website to apply online for a learner’s licence. We will list down the steps you will have to follow to apply for a learner’s licence from the Parivahan website:
- Step 1: Visit the Parivahan official website.
- Step 2:Click on ‘Driving licence Related Services’ under ‘Online Services’ under the menu section. You will be directed to a new page.
- Step 3:Select Haryana under the ‘State’ category from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4:Select the RTO office from where you wish to apply for your driver’s licence.
- Step 5:Click on ‘Apply Online’ under ‘Driving licence’. Proceed to click on ‘New Learner’s licence’ following which you will be directed to a new page.
- Step 6:Click on the ‘Continue’ button. A new page will appear on your screen.
- Step 7:On the page, select the option, ‘Applicant does not hold Driving/ Learner Licence and click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 8:An application form will be displayed on your screen where you will have to provide details such as our name, email ID, phone number, etc. You will also have to provide the name of the RTO office from where you wish to apply for a learner’s licence and appear for the driving test. If you don’t know where the nearest RTO is, you can simply enter the PIN Code of the area in which you reside to find the RTO office nearest to your communication address.
- Step 9:Once you have entered all the details, check it once and click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 10:In the next step, upload all the necessary documents including your photograph and signature.
- Step 11:Once all the documents have been uploaded, book a slot for your learner’s licence test.
- Step 12:Pay the registration fee.
- Step 13:Appear for the test on the given date. Once you clear the exam, you will either get your learner’s licence on the same day or it will be sent to your communication address by the RTO office.
How to Apply Offline for Learners Licence in Gurgaon
In Gurgaon, you can apply for a learner's licence by obtaining an application form online or picking one up at your local RTO Office. Fill out the form and send it in with all of the required documents, including a passport-size photo. Pay your registration money and choose a test date. You will either obtain your learner's licence on the same day or it will be sent to your home by the RTO office if you appear and pass the test.
These are some of the steps you'll need to take to get a learner's permit. Before submitting your application, double-check that you have all of the necessary documents and that the information on your application form is correct.
FAQs on Learners Licence in Gurgaon
- Can I apply for a regular driving licence without getting a learner’s licence first?
No, you can get a permanent driving licence without getting a learner’s licence first. You need to get a learner’s licence first to apply for a permanent driving licnece.
- What documents can I submit as age proof while applying for a learner’s licence in Gurgaon?
You can submit your PAN card or passport as age proof while applying for a learner’s licence in Gurgaon.
- Can I apply for a learner’s licence online in Gurgaon?
Yes, you can apply for a learner’s licence online in Gurgaon.