If you are a resident of Gurgaon and own a vehicle, then it is mandatory for you to own a learner’s licence if you are still learning to drive. A learner’s licence is a valid document that will allow you to ply your vehicle on the roads as a learner before you can apply for a driver’s licence.
There are two ways through which you can applying for a learner’s licence – online and offline. We will have a look at the process you will have to follow to apply for a learner’s licence in Gurgaon.
You can visit the official website for the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways also known as the Parivahan Sewa website to apply online for a learner’s licence. We will list down the steps you will have to follow to apply for a learner’s licence from the Parivahan website:
- Visit the Parivahan official website.
- Click on ‘Driving licence Related Services’ under ‘Online Services’ under the menu section. You will be directed to a new page.
- Select Haryana under the ‘State’ category from the drop-down menu.
- Select the RTO office from where you wish to apply for your driver’s licence.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ under ‘Driving licence’. Proceed to click on ‘New Learner’s licence’ following which you will be directed to a new page.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button. A new page will appear on your screen.
- On the page, select the option, ‘Applicant does not hold Driving/ Learner Licence and click on ‘Submit’.
- An application form will be displayed on your screen where you will have to provide details such as our name, email ID, phone number, etc. You will also have to provide the name of the RTO office from where you wish to apply for a learner’s licence and appear for the driving test. If you don’t know where the nearest RTO is, you can simply enter the PIN Code of the area in which you reside to find the RTO office nearest to your communication address.
- Once you have entered all the details, check it once and click on ‘Submit’.
- In the next step, upload all the necessary documents including your photograph and signature.
- Once all the documents have been uploaded, book a slot for your learner’s licence test.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Appear for the test on the given date. Once you clear the exam, you will either get your learner’s licence on the same day or it will be sent to your communication address by the RTO office.
You can apply for a learner’s licence in Gurgaon by either downloading the application form online or getting one from your nearest RTO office. Fill the form and submit it along with all the necessary documents including your passport size photograph. Pay the registration fee and select a date on which you would like to appear for the test. Once you appear and clear the test, you will either receive your learner’s licence on the same day or it will be sent to your residence by the RTO office.
Given below are the eligibility criteria you must fulfill before applying for a learner’s licence in Gurgaon:
- You must have passed at least 8th standard of schooling.
- You must be aware of the traffic rules and regulations in Gurgaon.
- Minimum age should be 16 years if you want to apply for a learner’s licence for a non-geared motorcycle. The minimum ages of eligibility to obtain a licence for a light motor vehicle and a commercial vehicle in Gurgaon are 18 years and 20 years, respectively.
Documents to be submitted
Given below is the list of documents you will have to submit while applying for a leaner’s licence in Gurgaon:
- Form Number 2 duly filled and signed by you.
- Application Fee of Rs.151 for the application form and Rs.50 for the test.
- Proof of age such as PAN Card, Passport, etc.
- Proof of address such as Aadhaar, Passport, Utility Bills, etc.
- Duly filled and signed Medical Certificate Form 1 and Physical Fitness Certificate Form 1A.
- Passport sized photographs.
These are some of the steps you will have to follow to apply for a learner’s licence. Make sure you have all the documents in place and check the details on your application form before submitting it.