In order to get your driving licence, you will first need to have a learner’s licence. Here is everything you need to know about getting a learner’s licence in Bangalore:
Online Application Process
- Step 1: Visit the website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways- https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Step 2: Select Online Services’
- Step 3: Choose ‘Driving Licence Related Services’
- Step 4: Choose your state
- Step 5: Hover over ‘Apply Online’ and click on it. From the drop-down menu, click on 'New Learners Licence’
- Step 6: Click on “Proceed”
- Step 7: Enter all the details and select 'Submit’
- Step 8: Scan and upload all the required documents
- Step 9: Make the payment of the application fee
- Step 10: Book your slot for the learner’s licence test
- Step 11: Visit the closest RTO for your test
- Step 12: If you pass the test, your learner’s licence will be issued
Offline Application Process
- Step 1: Go to an RTO in Bangalore, preferably one that is close to you
- Step 2: Get the learner’s licence application form. You can also download this fromhttps://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Step 3: Enter all details in the form
- Step 4: Submit the form along with your documents and passport-size photographs
- Step 5: Pay the learner’s licence application fee
- Step 6: Select and book a date and time slot for your test
- Step 7: Go to the RTO and give the test
- Step 8: Once you have passed the test, your learner’s licence will be issued and sent to your address.
Fee for Getting a Learner’s License in Bangalore
You will have to pay Rs.150 as a fee in order to apply for a learner’s license in Bangalore. Once the payment of the fee is done, you can schedule the date and time for your test.
Types of Learner’s Licences in Bangalore
There are different types of learner’s licences that you can apply for in Bangalore. This is the list:
- Learner’s Licence for non-geared motorcycles
- Learner’s Licence for geared motorcycles
- Learner’s Licence for Medium Goods Vehicles
- Learner’s Licence for LMV or Light Motor Vehicles
- Learner’s Licence for HGV or Heavy Goods Vehicles
- Learner’s Licence for MPV or Medium Passenger Vehicles
- Learner’s Licence for Road Rollers
- Learner’s Licence for HPV or Heavy Passenger Vehicles
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required for Getting a Learner’s Licence in Bangalore
How can you Apply for a Duplicate Learner’s Licence in Bangalore?
- Step 1: You should download the LLD form from the Bangalore RTO website. You can visit the RTO as well for collecting this form
- Step 2: Upload the documents required. If you are visiting the RTO, submit the documents at the designated counter
- Step 3: Attach two passport-sized photos. Make sure to carry extra photos if you are visiting the RTO.
- Step 4: Enter the information related of your lost learner’s licence
- Step 5: After you pay the fee, the request will be processed by the RTO
How to Make Corrections to Your Learner’s License?
- Only the RTO which issued your learner’s licence can authorise any corrections to it
- You will have to submit the application form for all changes to be made. Make sure to attach a copy of your learner’s licence as well
- Once your application and changes have been approved, you must pay the application fee
- Once the application has been processed and fee has been paid, the RTO will issue a new learner’s licence for you
Procedure of Learner’s Licence Test
- The learner’s licence exam will test your knowledge about regulations, traffic signs, safety measures and traffic rules
- This will be a written test and the motor vehicles inspector will be present during this test
- If you do not pass the test, you should re-appear for the test the next day
- If you clear the test, then your learner’s licence will be issued
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I have to study for the learner’s licence test in Bangalore?
To obtain a learner’s licence in Bangalore, you will have to take a written test which will be offline. The offline test will be in the presence of a motor vehicles inspector. The test will have questions connected to the rules and regulations according to the Motor Vehicles Act. It will also have questions pertaining to safety regulations and traffic signs. There are 20 multiple choice questions. You will have to score a minimum of 80% on the test to clear it.
- When will I get my learner’s licence after taking and passing the learner’s licence test in Bangalore?
If you have attended the learner’s licence test and cleared the exam, you will receive your learner’s licence on the very same day. However, if you have not cleared the test, then you will have to reappear for it on another day after booking a slot of your choice.
- What are the guidelines to be kept in mind when driving a vehicle with a learner’s licence in Bangalore?
When driving a vehicle with a learner’s licence in Bangalore, keep in mind that you need to have the letter “L’' in the color red, pasted on the windscreen and back of your vehicle. You are also supposed to drive the vehicle only when accompanied by an individual who holds a valid and permanent driving licence of India.
- If I don’t clear my learner’s licence test in Bangalore, when can I reappear for the re-test and how many attempts will be allowed until I pass the test?
If you do not pass the learner’s licence test the first time, you can apply again for the test and appear for it after one week. You are given up to 3 chances to pass the test. If you do not clear it even after 3 attempts, you will not receive the learner’s licence.
- If I want to make corrections in my learner’s licence that was issued in Bangalore, can I go to any RTO in the state for it?
If you want to make any corrections in the details you had provided for your learner’s licence, you will have to submit the application for correction at the same RTO that issued the licence. Other RTOs are not authorised to accept the application for correction or make corrections in the leraner’s licence in Bangalore.