Officially called as Gurugram, Gurgaon is one of the most popular satellite city in Haryana. The Transport Department of Gurgaon has made it easy for the residents to apply for a driving licence. If you thought you have to stand in long queues and spend all your time to apply for a DL in Gurgaon, you are wrong. You can now do it all online.
How to obtain for Learner’s licence
To apply for a Learner’s Licence in Gurgaon, you can either visit the local RTO in person or do it online through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways official website.
Steps to apply for Learner’s licence in Gurgaon
- Visit the Gurgaon Transport Department official website and download the application form for applying for a new driving licence.
- Visit the nearby RTO with the duly-filled application form and the necessary supporting documents like you identity proof, proof of residence, age proof, and passport size photographs).
- You can book a slot online and fix the appointment before you visit the RTO.
- On the appointment date, visit the RTO with the original and photocopies of all your documents.
- A RTO Official will verify all your documents. Upon successful verification of all your documents, you will be allowed to take the LL test.
- The LL written test will have around 20 question regarding the rules and regulation of driving a motor vehicle.
- Once you have submitted your test, the results will be declared on the same day.
- If you have cleared the test, you can collect a copy of your LL on the same day.
- If you do not clear the test, you will have to apply again after some time.
- Please note that you cannot apply for a DL without having a valid LL.
How to obtain for Permanent Driving licence in Gurgaon?
Just like the Learner’s Licence, you can apply for a driving licence by visiting the local RTO in person or do it online through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways official website. To apply online, follow the below steps:
- Visit the Gurgaon Transport official website.
- Download the application of Driving Licence Form.
- Once you have downloaded the form, the next step is to fill the Form.
- Fill the required details. These include the applicant’s name, mobile number, email address, PAN number, type of motorcycle, permanent address, temporary address, birthplace, date of birth, educational qualification, identification marks, citizenship status, blood group, etc.
- Upload the medical certificate (Form 1A), learner’s Licence, the certificate from the driving school, and any other supporting documents required.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the “submit” button.
- Once the application is submitted, you will get an “application reference number” and you will be allowed an appointment to visit the RTO.
- On the appointment day, you will have to take the vehicle to the RTO. Note that the vehicle type has to be the same that was written at the time of filling the application.
- During the driving test, you will be required to drive in front of the RTO Official.
- The results will be announced in a few hours. If you fail, you will have to take the DL test after few days.
- If you clear the driving test, the DL will be posted to your address in few days.
Duplicate Driving licence in Gurgaon
If you have lost or damaged your DL, you can apply for a duplicate driving licence in Gurgaon. All you have to do is file an First Information Report (FIR) with the police and visit the RTO with a copy of the FIR and other supporting documents like duly-filled LLD form, damaged card is available, identity proof, address proof, and the fees for issuing duplicate DL. After successful verification, a duplicate driving licence will be issued to you.
Documents required to apply for Driving Licence in Gurgaon
The documents required to apply for a driving licence in Gurgaon are:
- Duly-filled application form
- Two passport size photo
- A copy of the PAN card
- A copy of the medical fitness certificate
- A copy of the parent/guardian’s written consent with date and signature, if the applicant is a minor
- A copy of the address proof (Passport/Life insurance policy/Voter ID/Ration card)
- A copy of the birth certificate (School certificate/Birth certificate/Affidavit signed by the executive magistrate)
- Copy of a valid Learner’s Licence
- Challan stating DL fees paid
Renewal of Driving Licence in Gurgaon
A permanent driving licence is usually valid for 20 years or till the applicant reaches 50 years of age, whichever is earlier. An applicant should ideally apply for renewal 30 days before the expiry date of the DL.
The applicant can either visit the concerned RTO and apply for the renewal of DL or can do it online on the Gurgaon Transport website. You can download the application form for renewal of DL from the website, fill it accurately, and submit it in person in the concerned RTO. Upon verification of the documents, a renewed driving licence will be issued. Please note that a health clearance certificate from a certified medical practitioner stating that the candidate is fit to drive may be required while applying for renewal of licence.
RTO Registration in Gurgaon
All new vehicles purchased in Gurgaon should be registered with the RTO. If you have purchased a new vehicle, your dealer will most likely register your vehicle under RTO Registration for you. But if you wish to register it by yourself, you will need the following documents:
- Duly filled application for registration of a motor vehicle form
- Sale certificate
- Valid insurance certificate
- Two copies of your recent passport size photographs
- Physical production of vehicle
- Temporary Registration assigned by the dealer if available
- Invoice from the dealer
- Customs’ Clearance Certificate if the vehicle is imported
- Copy of your PAN if the cost of the vehicle exceeds Rs.4 lakh
- Proof of residence
- Identity proof
- Citizenship proof
International Driving Licence in Gurgaon
Getting an International Driving Licence (IDP) is very easy in Gurgaon. To apply for an International Driving Licence, you can visit the nearest RTO with the following documents:
- Duly-filled application form for international driving licence
- Valid Indian driving licence
- Challan proving you paid the concerned fee
- Medical clearance certificate
- Identity proof
- Proof of residence
- Two passport size photographs
Once you carry all the documents and visit the RTO, an RTO official will verify your documents. Upon successful verification and after paying the prescribed fees, your IDP will be issued.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and get your RTO-related work done right today.