How To Get NOC For Bike Transfer From One State To Another

NOC for Bike Transfer
NOC for Bike Transfer

When shifting your bike from one city to another, you will have to procure an NOC. The documents required for requesting for an NOC are as follows:

  • Bike insurance
  • PUC certificate
  • Registration Certificate
  • Chassis imprint
  • Form 28 – 4 photocopies

In case the bike was bought through a loan, the financing bank will have to provide an NOC as well. The bike owner will have to submit his/her employment transfer letter, address proof, bike insurance, and other such documents as records.

In India, there is a general lack of awareness when it comes to the correct procedure of bike transfer from one state to another. The whole process takes up a lot of time as they need to deal with multiple departments for clearance and get the registration transferred from one RTO to another. Basically, the procedure includes obtaining the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the RTO where your two-wheeler is originally registered, shifting the vehicle physically from one place to another, and finally re-registering the vehicle in the city you are moving in.

What is NOC?

The full form of NOC is No Objection Certificate. If you are wondering how to get an NOC for your two wheeler transfer from one state to another, here is a step-by-step procedure to get the transfer done.

Suppose you are planning to transfer your bike from Mumbai to New Delhi, the first thing you will be needed to do is apply for a NOC. As the NOC has a certain expiry date, the bike must be re-registered with the RTO in New Delhi. The road taxes you must have paid in Mumbai are higher than that in New Delhi, therefore, you will be eligible to receive a tax refund. In some cases, the reverse may happen. If you are moving from New Delhi to Mumbai, you might need to pay taxes in excess to what you have paid while registering your vehicle in New Delhi. The re-registration of the age of your two-wheeler and the amount of depreciation that your vehicle has gone over a period of time.

For Vehicles Purchased On Loan:

If one has purchased the vehicle with the help of a financing agency, they will be needed to obtain an NOC from the bank or financing agency as well. They will need to submit certain documents confirming that you are moving from one location to another. These documents include an employment transfer letter, job appointment letter, address proof, and other documents or records as suggested by the bank. The bank will then process the application after due verification and provide the applicant with the NOC.

You may like to read: Two Wheeler Insurance


In the previous example, if you are moving from Mumbai to New Delhi, you will be first required to submit an application requesting for a NOC in the RTO in Mumbai. Along with the application, you will need to submit duly filled Form 27 and Form 28. If your vehicle was bought on EMI, you will be required to submit the bank NOC as well. Below-mentioned are some of the important documents to submit.

Following are some of the other important documents:

  1. Application requesting the NOC
  2. Bike insurance document
  3. Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate/Emissions Test Certificate
  4. Bike Registration Certificate (RC)
  5. Chassis imprint of the bike
  6. 4 photocopies of Form 28

To speed up the whole process, you can obtain a NOC from the local police and the traffic department and submit the same to the RTO.

Cancellation of NOC

In case the NOC you obtained from the RTO remains unutilised due to change in your plans, you will need to cancel the NOC. This will need you to obtain a Non Utilisation Certificate (NUC) from the RTO to which the NOC was issued for. You can then submit the NUC at the RTO where your vehicle was originally registered.

Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.

This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.