Student Travel Insurance in need is insurance indeed!
India doesn’t have that education culture where student take care of all their needs. We are dependent. Hence it is no wonder that many travel without adequate insurance cover, either due to unawareness or thinking that it is a waste of money. And those who have travelled independently as students in this country is exceedingly negligible. Convincing parents/ guardians is another battle. Here travel insurance is the reassurance you can offer each other to show that you are prepared for come what may.
After a certain age, it is inevitable. You cannot evade that time when your child gets that itchy feet and yearn to fly sky high towards new possibilities and excitement. Your child is going abroad for higher studies. Times do fly, right? This could be exhilarating but overwhelming moment for you. Switching from the gut instinct to be protective and to provide your child with as much as you can is indeed the hardest thing. Not saying that your role shrinks with distance of course. But there are other ways to fulfil your parenting responsibilities when you are miles away from each other.
One way to ensure comfort and security is to buy an all-inclusive student travel insurance policy. You are setting off on a new phase in life- higher studies abroad and a phenomenal step in chasing your dreams and aspirations. Chola MS Student Travel Insurance Plans aim to relieve you off that bag of hassles like culture shock, missing home, money management, thrown amidst strangers among many. Truly an insurance partner in need to get you through your spell overseas fabulously!
Types of Student Travel Insurance Plans Offered by Chola MS
Like any reputed insurance carrier, Chola MS too has customized its products to address the needs of people from all walks of life.
- Silver: It covers the basic requirements with a strong focus on medical cover.
- Gold: you get a complete and expedient plan with extra fillips such as Sponsor Protection, Bail Bond, Compensation for Study Interruption etc.
- Platinum: Along with everything offered under Gold Student Travel Insurance Scheme, you get a special medical extension.
Why should you choose a Chola MS Student Travel Insurance Plan?
- Additional Savings: If you buy a student insurance plan here, you will definitely spend way less that if you were to get it from there. Saving precious Foreign Exchange is one perk you cannot resist.
- Prompt Processing of Claim: Chola MS’ partnership with the esteemed Europe Assistance India Private Limited, a prominent global emergency services supplier, makes certain of a trouble-free, swift settling of claims.
- Special Medical Postponement: This is offered only in the Platinum plan of the student travel insurances, offering added cover for medical and hospital bills for inter-university sports injuries, treating mental or nervous problems like alcoholism, drug addiction and other expenditures associated with cancer, pregnancy, screening and others.
- Door-to-door Insurance: You are protected from the moment you leave your home, throughout the journey and till the time you reach back. Chola MS leaves no stone unturned ensure that your amazing time abroad will not be marred by any possible contingencies. Adventuring with peace of mind is the motto.
Other Perks Entail
- All medical expenditures related to casualty, hospitalization and others are covered for up to one year. It can be extended for 2nd year too.
- Introducing new geographical scope, Chola MS is offering special perks to those opting to study in any Asian country except Japan. This translates to saving on premiums.
- The insurer does not insist on compulsory medical checkup.
- Swift and smooth settling of hospitalization and cashless claims when overseas.
- Medical Expenditures: This will take care of any unforeseen expenses if you were to fall ill or meet with an accident.
- Dental Health Care: You can avail a different benefit along with the medical cost upper limit.
- In case you lose your passport, the company will assist you financially in getting a duplicate passport.
- In the event of getting in trouble with the law like detainment or arrest by police or similar authorities, your bail amount will be disbursed by Chola MS (only for bail-able offences)
- Two-way compassionate visit: If you or your close family member is admitted in hospital for more than a week, the company pays for the required travel costs (air tickets for round trip) and accommodation.
- If you were to lose a checked-in luggage from the airline custody, the company would promptly compensate you for the items in it to replace them.
- Accidents can happen anywhere and when overseas, it can put you in an extremely vulnerable position financially and emotionally. Hence the scheme includes insurance for demise and disability.
- Personal Accident Occurred in Home Country: Your plans is not limited to the country you are going to, but also when you are in India. This also gives you protection against demise, permanent / temporary and/ or partial/ total disability while going from your home to airport.
- Education interruption: If you are forced to stop your studies or postpone due to medical reasons, demise of your close family member or guardian, Chola MS will recompense the non-refundable part of the course fee for the remaining semester or academic year.
- Sponsor Protection - In the tragic event of accidental expiry of the sponsor, Chola MS will give money towards the college fee for the rest of the course duration.
- Personal Accountability: Reimbursement towards any lawful charge that you might have to bear owing to third party injury or damage to person(s) or assets.
Exclusions stated by Chola MS Educational Travel Insurance can be broadly categorized as given below:
- If medical treatment (for any disease) is the chief reason you are going overseas.
- If you are going abroad to treat a pre-existing condition.
- If you are availing treatment that could have waited until you go back to India if your doctor or concerned authorities advised so.
- Getting treated for orthopedic, degenerative or cancer-related diseases unless the medical attention is totally unanticipated, and is absolutely required to prevent putting your life in danger.
- Cosmetic treatment like plastic surgery, Botox among others to alleviate so-called physical flaws, irregularities or deformities.
- Checkups and complications related to pregnancy.
- Cure for external or internal hereditary conditions.
- Any claim connecting to events happened prior to the commencing of the plan or otherwise outside of the Insurance Period.
- Cure or treatment by families.
- Any kind of loss due to consequence of your own actions.
- War, be it declared or otherwise.
- Involvement in any kind of terrorist activity or loss due to such acts and nuclear threats.
- Any deliberate, rash or criminal act.
- Suicide or attempted suicide
- Use or abuse of alcohol, any classified drugs and the like. Yearning for experience is one thing, but when intoxication is mixed with it, Chola MS has zero tolerance towards claims related to them.
- STDs like HIV and AIDS.
- Driving without license and negligent driving.
Comparing benefits of Chola MS Student Travel Insurance Plans
|Sl. No.||Benefits in Detail||Silver||Gold||Platinum||Deductible|
|1||Medical Cover||50,000 USD 1 lac USD||2.5 lacs USD 1 lac USD||2.5 lacs USD 1 lac USD||100 USD|
|2||Repatriation of Remains||7500 USD||7500 USD||7500 USD||Nil|
|3||Medical Expenses for Extending||Nil||Nil||Available||100 USD|
|4||Dental Health Care and Treatment||250 USD||250 USD||250 USD||100 USD|
|5||If passport is lost||Nil||150 USD||150 USD||30 USD|
|6||Individual accountability in case of accident||Nil||1 lac USD||1 lac USD||Nil|
|7||Personal Accident - in India||Nil||INR 2 lacs||INR 2 lacs||Nil|
|8||Personal Accident - Abroad||Nil||25,000 USD||25,000 USD||Nil|
|9||If the studies get interrupted for no fault of the student||Nil||7500 USD||7500 USD||Nil|
|10||Sponsor Protection||Nil||10,000 USD||10,000 USD||Nil|
|11||Compassionate Visit||Nil||7500 USD||7500 USD||Nil|
|12||Losing luggage that was already checked-in||Nil||1000 USD||1000 USD||Nil|
|13||Bail Bond||Nil||5000 USD||5000 USD||Nil|
Know more about Chola MS Platinum Student Travel Insurance Scheme
|Sl. No.||Medical Costs Extension - Available for Platinum Plan||Sub Limit - (as per the specified medical expenditures)|
|1||For cancer screen tests & mammography exams||2000 USD|
|2||Treating mental, psychological and nervous problems such as substance abuse, drug addiction.||1000 USD|
|3||Maternity and child care benefits||100 USD per day for up to one week if the child is more than 3 months old and is hospitalized for over 2 continuous days for any reason.|
|4||In-patient medical costs associated with pregnancy||500 USD|
|5||Medical expenditure injuries sustained by participating in any inter- university or college sports event||As per the sum insured specified in the medical cover limit|