Want to travel around the world but not sure of what unforeseen expenses to plan for? Or preparing to study abroad but worried about the risks involved? Purchase a travel insurance policy and get overall protection whilst abroad.
Religare offers a comprehensive travel insurance policy which offers unique features such as coverage for all medical emergencies, automatic policy extension, no upper age limit, attractive premium charges and much more.
Types of Religare Travel Insurance Plans:
- Explore - Asia Travel insurance plan
- Explore - Africa Travel insurance plan
- Explore - Europe Travel insurance plan
- Explore - Worldwide Travel insurance plan
- Explore - Worldwide Excl. US Travel insurance plan
- Explore - WW-Excl. US / Canada Travel insurance plan
Religare Travel Insurance Features and Benefits:Sum Insured
Sum insured is US $ 25, 50 & 100 for Explore Asia Plan and the Explore Africa Plan. The sum insured for the Explore Europe policy is € 30 & 100, Explore Canada+ Plan is US $ 50 & 100, Explore Gold and Explore Platinum Plan is $ 50, 100, 300 & 500.Hospitalization Expenses
Hospitalization expenses are covered under all the plans.Upgradation to Business Class
The insured can upgrade themselves to business class seats while traveling under the travel insurance plans offered by Religare.Personal Accident Cover
The Personal Accident cover offered under the Explore Asia Plan, the Explore Africa Plan, the Explore Canada+ Plan, the Explore Gold and Explore Platinum Plan is US $ 15,000. The Personal Accident cover offered under the Explore Europe Plan is € 10,000.Common Carrier Accidental Death
Provisions are made for the insured individual under the Explore Platinum Travel Plan offered by Religare Travel Insurance, which covers death due to accidents caused to the common carrier. The provision is € 10,000.
Religare Travel Insurance Policy Cover:
- Provides coverage for Inpatient and Outpatient treatment, whilst abroad.
- Pre-Existing Diseases are also covered under this policy, if it is a life threatening medical condition that needs immediate attention.
- Daily allowance is provided throughout the duration of your stay at the hospital, in order to provide for various expenses such as transportation, meals, communication, etc.
- Covers costs incurred during emergency evacuation and transportation of the policyholder to a medical facility within the company’s network.
- Covers expenses incurred from arranging transportation of an immediate family member for a compassionate visit, to the insured’s present location.
- Provides coverage for expenses related to loss of checked-in baggage, that was on-board a Common Carrier. Expenses related to delay in receipt of the checked-in baggage for more than 12 successive hours, is also covered.
- Reimburses expenses incurred during replacement of a lost passport/ getting a duplicate or fresh passport.
- Covers all expenses incurred from delay in your journey due to specific reasons. Expenses incurred from cancellation or interruption of a trip, is also covered under this policy.
- Personal Accident cover.
- Around the clock assistance and support.
- Cover for treatment in home country is also provided.
Religare Travel Insurance Policy Claims Process:
A travel insurance claim can be registered though the company’s Customer Service Centre or by contacting any of the helplines given in the Religare Insurance website or by contacting the company’s offices by phone/ email or in person.
Religare Travel Insurance Exclusions:
- Expenses incurred due to the misuse of drugs or alcohol.
- War or any war-like activity, and Nuclear perils or consequences arising therein
- Contamination and other consequences of Ionising Radiation
- Suicide, attempted suicide or intentional self-injury
- Any hazardous sports or activities like bungee jumping, paragliding, rafting, etc.
- Breach of law or criminal activities
- Sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV, AIDS, etc.
Religare Travel Insurance FAQs:
What are the travel insurance plans available to frequent travellers?
Frequent travellers can purchase a multi trip policy and choose the following options –
- Multi Trip policy for a maximum period of 45 days, per trip
- Multi Trip policy valid for a period of 60 days, per trip
Is there an age limit on purchase of Religare Travel Insurance?
No, there is no age limit for being covered under this policy.
- How is Religare travel insurance different from other travel insurance offered in India?
- In case of hospitalization of the insured, does the policy cover transportation of the insured’s child/children to the home country?
Yes, the policy covers the costs incurred on returning a minor child to his/her home country if the insured parent is hospitalized, whilst abroad.
- Can I cancel my policy?
Yes. You can cancel your policy and get the paid premium refunded to you, if you have not made a foreign trip or if the date of return of the insured to the home country and end date of the travel insurance policy is 15 days or more.
Religare offers travel insurance policies which are specific to a particular region and thus, there are relevant features and facilities in each plan option. The travel insurance policy also has additional features such as no upper age limit, easy upgradation to Business Class, pay per day rates and lower costs.