Travelling is no more a rare, complicated event thanks to the huge leaps in technology, transportation and communication. Everyday there are people travelling across borders and seas, but not completely without the risks associated with travelling. Insurance companies provide travelers with travel insurance that protect them from unanticipated events like accidents, medical emergencies and even contingencies such as flight delays, baggage delay and lost passport. Star Health travel insurance is one of the best in the market which lets you travel risk and worry-free. Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd operations commenced in 2006 and is headquartered in Chennai. Tata Capital invested in the company in 2013, thus increasing the company`s total capital base to Rs.5.49 billion. Other than travel insurance, Star Health also provides Accident Care Insurance and Health Insurance.
Features and Benefits of Star Health Travel Insurance Policy:
Quality service at affordable rates is what Star Health Insurance aims for. Here is what makes Star Health travel insurance stand out in the crowd of insurance companies in the market, and why it should be the obvious choice the next time you travel:
- The company has over 290 Branch Offices across the country
- Health Insurance Products range from Senior Citizen Health Coverage to Family Floater Schemes
- Personalised Doctor Visits are ensured for customers who are hospitalized.
- The large network base ensures that you get Reimbursement Facility and Cashless Hospitalization at over 7000 hospitals across India.
- Quick approvals: 90% of all cashless claim approval can be done in under an hour.
- Start Health is known for their Hassle-Free processes. Its simple to make a direct claim settlement without the intervention of TPA
- The company’s accomplishments have been recognized by various awards including ‘Health Insurance Company Of The Year 2015 (Indian Insurance Awards 2015)’, ‘Most Promising Health Insurance Company 2014 (Healthcare Excellence Awards)’ and ‘Claims Service Company Of The Year, 2014 (The Indian Insurance Award). Hindustan MaRs Survey also rated it as the Best Claim Settlement Insurer.
Types of Star Health Travel Insurance Policy:
Star Health Insurance recognizes the fact that their customers are looking for different requirements when they search for Travel Insurance which is why they offer different plans, each specially crafted to suit these requirements.
- Star Travel Protect Insurance
- Star Family Travel Protect Insurance
- Star Student Travel Protect Insurance
- Health related emergencies while travelling will be covered by this policy. Everything from flight delays, missed flights, emergency expenses, repatriation, compensation for accidental injuries etc. will be covered with this policy.
- This policy can be purchased for anyone above the age of 6 months.
- Only Indian citizens can get this cover.
- Policyholders who are travelling outside India on vacation or business can make use of this policy. General cover also includes possibilities like hijack distress, medical emergencies, flight delay, repatriation etc.
- It even covers third party bodily injury and property loss. Monetary loss because of trip cancellation due to the death/injury of a family member will be reimbursed by the company.
- Star Family Travel Protect Insurance Policy is tailor made for the protection of the entire family while travelling. You and your family members will be protected against all the common issues we face as travelers such as lost luggage, passports etc. Everyone in the group will also be covered for any illnesses they may catch while travelling.
- Family Protect Insurance scheme can be availed by all family members who are aged between 6 months and 60 years.
- This policy exclusively covers an insured person, his/her spouse and up to two dependent children below 18 years.
- If you wish to, you can pay an extra 25% of the premium to add on a child. By doing so, you can add up to two additional dependent children with this plan.
- If you are planning for education abroad, there are certain risks that you may face such as medical emergencies, bereavement, litigation related risks and others. Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy offers coverage for all these and much more.
- You will be reimbursed for tickets to fly home in the event of an emergency.
- As compassionate benefits, visit of an immediate family member and reimbursement of academic tuition fee in case of sponsor’s death is offered with this student travel insurance scheme.
- The costs related to legal claims including that for bail bond (for false arrest or detention) will be covered.
- If the insured has caused bodily injury to third party or damage to third party property, the costs will be covered.
- Travelling across the globe for business is the norm now days, and there are many risks associated with it. Everything from delayed baggage, accidental injuries, missed flights travel-related risks are covered in this policy.
- The eligibility for this policy includes the applicant being over 18 years old and an Indian resident.
- Available for a sum insured limit of USD 1,00,000, USD 2,50,000 and USD 5,00,000, this corporate insurance plan is available for travel to countries across the world including Canada and USA.
- Expenses related to delay in flight like travel and accommodation charges due to a missed connecting flight and for emergency purchase of consumable items because of delay in baggage for more than 12 hours will be covered.
- Dental emergency expenses, accidental injuries and charges for hijack distress will be covered
Star Health Travel Insurance Policy Eligibility:
The eligibility for each plan in this policy differs:
- For Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy, the criteria simply states that all Indian citizens over 6 months old can be insured.
- For Star Family Travel Protect Insurance Policy; an insured person, his/her spouse and up to two dependent children below 18 years can be covered. They must all be Indian citizens.
- Star Student Travel Protect Insurance Policy can be bought by students who are planning to study abroad. The student must be an Indian citizen. By paying an extra 25% of the premium, the family can add on a child to the plan. By doing so, you can add up to two additional dependent children with this plan.
- Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy can be bought by corporate above the age of 18 who are travelling abroad on business. He/she must be an Indian citizen.
Star Health Travel Insurance Cover:
The following exigency will be covered in this policy:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Hijack distress
- Compensation following accidental injuries
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Repatriation in case of medical emergency
- Missed departure/connection
- Any dental emergency expenses following an accident
- Loss of your checked in baggage(up to the limits)
- Reasonable expenses incurred for obtaining new passport
- Flight delay
- You will be paid for the amount you lost due to cancellation of your trip because of death of a family member or bodily injury.
- You will be reimbursed for purchasing consumables due to delay of checked in baggage (more than 12 hours)
- Legal Liability charges; bodily injury or property damage to third party.
Star Health Travel Insurance Claim Process:
- Making a claim is simple and quick. Simply call the toll-free number to contact Star Health Insurance claims assistance and register your claim.
- You will be asked to fill out a claims form and send it either by fax or mail, along with the supporting documents based on the exigency.
- You must keep the following ready before making a claim: copy of passport with immigration stamp, policy copy, original bills/invoices/receipts, copy of police complaint (if applicable), approval and reference number of assistance company, proof of expenses and a copy of your e-ticket.
- Once the surveyor has assessed your case and documents, your claim will be processed.
Star Health Travel Insurance FAQs:
- Q:Is it necessary for corporates to undergo medical test before availing a travel insurance policy?
Generally, a medical test is not required. But, if the person is above 65 years or if their medical history is adverse, ECG, fasting & postprandial blood sugar, urine strip test and cholesterol profile has to be taken. However, the maximum age limit may be relaxed depending on the case.
- Q: What is the eligibility for availing a corporate travel insurance scheme?
The applicant must be a corporate executive.
He must be a resident of India aged above 18 years
The policyholder must be traveling abroad for business purposes.
If the flight is delayed for more than 6 hours due to a mechanical breakdown, industrial action, strike or mechanical breakdown, additional transportation expenses for the least expensive class and costs incurred for meals and accommodation up to $50 per day up to the limit will be covered.
You will have to submit supporting documents including police report, death certificate & post-mortem report(if applicable), original copy of medical bills and prescription, copy of e-ticket, policy copy and copy of passport bearing immigration stamp.
consultation with general physician over phone within India
Free health magazine subscriptions to policyholders
Complimentary medical record electronic storage
Tie-ups with assistance companies abroad for overseas policy services
You can use the online insurance premium calculator to find out your premium. Enter values for sum insured, date of birth of person to be insured, number of travel days and the insurance scheme.
For a delay in trip beyond 12 hours caused in case of a hijack, a lump sum stated in the schedule for every day of travel delay will be covered.
Costs incurred for an acute anesthetic treatment to a natural teeth or tooth because of an accident will be covered.
You will have to submit a copy of police complaint, policy copy, e-ticket copy, copy of the lost passport and the intimation to passport office, expenses incurred for obtaining duplicate travel documents and passport along with the claims form.
All students travelling abroad for academic purposes are eligible for the student travel insurance plan.