Planning a trip abroad? Just keep in mind that no matter how well you plan, you might not be prepared for any unforeseen contingencies that may occur in a foreign country. If you wish to protect yourself and your loved ones from such risks, get complete coverage on your overseas travel by purchasing a travel insurance policy.
SBI General Insurance offers a comprehensive plan for all your travel insurance needs. SBI General’s travel insurance policy covers medical expenses incurred treatment of diseases, illness or injury inflicted whilst abroad which of a critical nature, as well as provides other associated coverages.
Features and Benefits of SBI General’s Travel Insurance:
- Enjoy a coverage of up to USD 0.5 million for medical purposes
- Medical examination is not conducted before providing the insurance.
- Provides all-round coverage
- Offers the facility of worldwide coverage and immediate assistance 24/7
- Fair, transparent & quick cashless claim settlement
SBI General’s Travel Insurance Policy Cover:
SBI General’s Travel Insurance Policy covers the following:
- Provides cover for medical expenses including Repatriation and Evacuation with a benefit ranging from USD 50,000 to USD 5,00,000
- Covers the insured in the event of a Personal Accident, and provides a benefit of up to 10% of limit of the cover, subject to a maximum USD 25,000.
- Personal Liability - benefit offered is 50% of the Limit of cover under Section ( A ) or 2,00,000, whichever is lower.
- Travel assistance and support in the event of loss of passport, Golfer’s Hole-In-One, Loss of Checked Baggage, Home Burglary Insurance, coverage for Trip Cancellation and/or Trip Curtailment, Trip Delay, Delay of Checked Baggage, Missed Connection, Cover for being Hijacked, Hospitalisation Daily Allowance, Bail Bond and Emergency Cash Advance). The benefit offered on this cover is up to USD 2000, provided on a Floater basis.
Eligibility age for SBI Travel Insurance:
- The minimum age is 6 months and the maximum age limit is 70 years.
- Residents of India who are travelling overseas for: official or business requirements, holiday, etc. are eligible to take this insurance policy.
- Foreign Nationals who are employed in India are also eligible to avail this policy.
Exclusions Under the SBI Travel Insurance Policy:
- Claims cannot be made by the policy holder if:
- He/she is going against a Physician’s advice by travelling; or
- He/She is on a waiting list for specific health treatment or undergoing a medical treatment as advised in the Physician's certificate or report; or
- The policy holder is travelling overseas to receive medical treatment; or
- The policy holder has a terminal illness or medical condition.
- Attempted suicide, suicide, self-inflicted illness or injury, anxiety, mental disorder, stress or depression, alcoholism, venereal disease, drug abuse, drunkenness, death, loss arising directly or indirectly from any injury/ loss/ illness/ medical expenses/ or other liability caused due to Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and/or other HIV related conditions such as Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and/or any mutant condition thereof, irrespective of the cause.
- Claims arising in relation to the insured individual being a part of Airforce, Military or Naval operations.
- Claims in relation to invasion, war, acts of foreign enemy, civil war, hostilities (irrespective of whether it is war related or not), revolution, rebellion, insurrection, usurped power or military coup, or nationalization/ confiscation/ destruction/ requisition or damage to property by the order of any local authority or government.
- Claims arising from destruction, loss or damage to property or any expense or loss resulting from or contributed by
- Contamination by radioactivity/ ionizing radiation from nuclear waste or the combustion of nuclear fuel; or
- The toxic, radioactive, explosive or hazardous characteristic of any nuclear component or explosive nuclear assembly.
- Air Travel on an aircraft which is not properly licensed to carry passengers.
- Loss/ Injury arising from participation in mountaineering, winter sports, driving or riding in rallies or races, pot holing or caving, equestrian or hunting, underwater activity such as skew diving, canoeing or rafting in white water rapids, boating or yachting outside the coastal waters, professional sports or any other hazardous sports, etc.
- Loss due to two wheeler accidents are excluded from this policy unless the driver has an international driving license, is duly qualified, and is wearing a safety crash helmet.
- Loss due to involving in a hazardous occupation or manual labor, or arising from an involvement in any illegal or criminal act.
- Pre-existing Disease is also excluded from coverage under this policy – medical expenses are not covered if the insured individual requires medical assistance which is related to a pre-existing disease.
SBI General’s Travel Insurance Claim Process:
The Insured Can contact the customer helpline provided by SBI General and report the claim and also download the claim form online, fill the required fields and attach the stipulated documents backing the claim and send this to SBI General’s corporate office.
SBI General’s Travel Insurance FAQs:
- What is the deductible that is applicable on personal liability claims?
The deductible that is applicable on personal liability coverage is USD 100
- Can I extend my policy?
Yes. A policyholder can extend his/her policy with the approval of the insurance company and by paying additional premium. However, the policy will be extended only during a single trip for a maximum period of 180 days. The entire Policy duration, including the period of extension, should not be more than 270 days.
- Who can apply for this travel insurance policy?
Any individual who falls within the age group of at least 6 months up to 70 years, can avail travel insurance coverage from SBI General Insurance.
- What is the average duration of a travel insurance policy?
The minimum duration of a Single Trip policy is one day and the maximum duration is up to 180 days. For a Multi Trip policy, the insurance policy duration is one year.
- When can a policyholder avail automatic policy renewal facility?
Automatic renewal of policy is done even after the extension of a travel insurance policy, after prior approval for a period of not more than 7 days. This facility can be availed if there the insured person is held up due to a delay in the public transport services, which is beyond the control of the Insured person. This automatic extension will be done free of charge.