SBI Car Loan Eligibility Overview
Do you wish to offer your family the comfort and convenience of a car, but is restricted from doing so because of financial constraints? Worried about entering a debt trap if you seek car financing from banks or other financial institutions? You’ll be relieved to know that there are affordable car loans with flexible terms and conditions which can provide a solution to this problem. SBI Bank provides one such car loan scheme, at highly lucrative interest rates and tenure options.
The origin of State Bank of India (SBI) commenced with the amalgamation of Bank of Bombay, Bank of Bengal and Bank of Madras to form the Imperial Bank in 1921. SBI car loans are provided for purchase of new vehicles such as Multi Utility Vehicles (MUVs), passenger cars and SUVs. The Bank offers Personal Banking, Agricultural/Rural Banking, International Banking, NRI Services, Corporate Banking services and much more. One of its most sought-after personal banking product is the SBI Car Loan scheme.
SBI Car Loan Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be at least 21 years old in order to apply for a car loan with State Bank of India.
- He/she must not exceed the age of 65 years at the time of loan maturity.
- Salaried Applicants
- Any individual who is a regular employee of a Public Sector Undertaking, State / Central Government, Private Company or any reputed organization, is eligible to apply.
- The applicant’s and/or co-applicant’s Net Annual Income together should be at least Rs. 3,00,000/-
- The maximum loan amount that a salaried applicant is eligible for is 48 times of his/her Net Monthly Income.
- Self-Employed Individuals
- Any individual who falls under the following category, is eligible to apply: self-employed, Professionals, proprietary/partnership firms, businessmen, etc. who file IT returns.
- The Gross Taxable income or the total profit earned annually by the applicant as well as the co-applicant (if any) should be at least Rs. 4,00,000/-
- The maximum loan amount that a self-employed borrower can apply for is 4 times the Gross Taxable income or the Net Profit as stated in the Income Tax Returns, to which the depreciation value as well as repayment of all existing loans are added back
- Any individual who is involved in agriculture or any other allied activities, are eligible to apply.
- The income criteria set for agriculturists is a Net Annual income of at least Rs. 4,00,000/- . This value can be arrived at by clubbing the income of the applicant and/or co applicant together as well.
- The maximum loan amount that a agriculturist can apply for is 3 times of his/her Net Annual Income
SBI Loyalty Car loan scheme
- SBI Loyalty Car loan scheme is offered to SBI’s existing home loan borrowers and the Net Annual Income of applicant and/or co-applicant if any, together should be Rs. 2,00,000/-
- Individuals who are regular employees of Public Sector Undertakings, State/Central Govt., private sector companies, corporations and reputed establishments .
- Self-employed, Professionals, proprietary/partnership firms, Businessmen, and others who file IT Returns avail this car loan
- Persons engaged in agricultural or related activities are also eligible to avail the car loan. in case of agriculturists, Income Tax return is not required.
SBI Nano Youth Car Loan
- SBI Nano Youth Car Loan scheme is offered to those who wish to purchase a TATA Nano and the eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Students who attend college and fall within the age group of 18-25 years can apply. The parent who is the co-applicant, should not be aged above 55 years.
- Youngsters who fall within the age group of 18 to 28 years is also eligible to apply.
- College going students can only apply along with a co-borrower who can be either of the earning parents
- Youngsters working for at least a year with a Public Sector Undertaking, State/Central Govt, Listed Private Sector Companies including IT Companies, Corporations, and any reputed establishment, is eligible to apply.
- The Net Annual Income should be at least Rs.2.00 Lakhs or the Net Monthly income should not be below Rs.16,667/-. For a student, the parent who earns an income that meets the eligibility criteria can apply as the co-borrower.
Factors Affecting SBI Car Loan Eligibility
- Debt-to-Income Ratio: The debt-to-income ratio is a very important factor which is used used to analyze the repayment capacity of an applicant based on the proportion of his/her debts and the income earned by him/her annually.
- CIBIL Score: SBI will check an applicant’s credit report and/or his/her CIBIL score which reflects the applicant’s financial history before commencing the processing of your car loan application. Financial records include all your present credits as well as your closed credit accounts, other payments and time period during which you have used credit actively. If you have a low credit score, chances that your loan application will be rejected by the Bank is high. On the other hand, if your CIBIL score is high, the Bank will consider you creditworthy and will review other factors to process your car loan application further.
- Amount of loan and loan margin: If the applicant is willing to pay a high loan margin as downpayment for the car, then the loan amount will be considerably lower. The higher the applicant’s contribution towards financing the purchase of his/her car and the lesser the amount of loan, the higher the possibility of a loan approval by the Bank.
- Loan Tenure: Lower the car loan tenure opted by the applicant, higher are the chances of receiving a loan approval from the Bank. This is because a lower term indicates faster repayment of the car loan and hence, the loan approval will be more favorable.
- Age: Usually, an age criteria is set for car loan applicants, and those who fall within the age range are considered eligible by the Bank. However, it is important to note that applicants who fall close to the maximum age limit have lower chances of getting their loan approved unless they opt for a short loan tenure.
How to Increase your SBI Car Loan Eligibility
You can increase your SBI Car Loan eligibility by following a few simple rules. Since one of the most important factors in being considered a creditworthy applicant is having a good Credit History/ CIBIL Score, make sure that all your dues are paid on time and that you have a healthy mix of both secured and unsecured loans in your credit report. This ensures that the Bank views you as a customer with good repayment capacity and the probability of getting the application for a car loan approved is higher.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that a joint account, or any transaction for which you are a co-signatory or guarantor are also important to your credit score. Defaulted payments in any of these accounts can reflect on you poorly since you are held equally liable to them. Hence, do a monthly as well as annual review on such accounts.
SBI Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
Why wait in queues or wait for the Bank’s executives to fill you in on your car loan eligibility and other related factors, when there is a simple solution to the problem. Online car loan eligibility calculator tools are readily available in order to shed light on whether you are eligible for a SBI car loan or not. The tool is faster and more convenient than all other methods of checking your eligibility. In order to make this analysis, all you have to do is enter valid information about the car of your choice and it’s price ( Invoice value, on-Road price, etc.), your date of birth to calculate your eligibility based on age, source of income (salaried/self-employed), income, etc. and click on the “calculate” tab. You will be redirected to a page which reflects your eligibility, the loan tenure as well as amount of loan you are eligible for, etc.