Features such as lifetime renewability, cover for pre-existing diseases, a vast network of hospitals and bonus make Star Health Insurance one of the leading health insurance providers in the country.
Highlights of Star Health Insurance Updated on 27 Jan 2020
|Number of claims settled||4.9 million|
|Cashless claims settled within 2 hours||90%|
|Contact number||Toll Free 1800-425-2255/ 1800-102-4477 For Other Users (044)- 2853 2060 / 2831 9100 / 2853 2030|
*For Year 2017-2018
Protecting Health, Protecting Wealth:
Star Health and Allied Insurance has an impressive number of differentiated policies to safeguard a person's financial position in the event of medical adversity. The company recognises the economic fallouts of rising medical costs and has accordingly devised products through which customers can avail adequate and cost-efficient medical treatment.
Each of these plans serves to meet varied medical costs in unique ways. They boast of advantages such as quick, easy and direct settling of claims (i.e. no third party involvement), cashless facilities and free telephonic medical advice at any time
The following features/terms are common to all plans on offer:
- In-patient hospitalization/treatment which includes hospital expenses*, provided one has been hospitalised for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Pre-hospitalization Expenses: Generally up to 30 days.
- Post-hospitalization Expenses: Generally up to 60 days; usually met through a lump sum payment @7% of the expenses or Rs.5,000, whichever is less.
- Pre-existing diseases are included subject to prior coverage by a domestic insurer; usually for the four years preceding policy inception (2 or 3 years where specified).
- Floater Basis: Family includes the primary policyholder, husband/wife and children who are dependent on the parent (generally subject to an age cap of 25 years); Sum assured is equally apportioned among insured members.
- Individual Basis: The sum insured under the policy is made available on a per person basis.
- Reinstatement of sum assured: Normally allowed after a specified number of claim-free years
*(Room, Nursing, Boarding, Surgery, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultation, Specialists, Oxygen, OT charges, X-ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Diagnostic Materials, Blood, Medicine, Drugs etc. depending on the plan chosen. This is not a restrictive list)
Types of Health Insurance Policies offered by Star Insurance
Listed below are all the different types of policies offered by Star Insurance:
- Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
- Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Star Medi-Classic Insurance Policy
- Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
- Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy
- Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- Star Cancer Care Gold
- Star Net Plus
- Star Care Micro Insurance Policy
- Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy
- Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
- Star Special Care
- Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care
- Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy
- Star Super Surplus (Floater) Insurance Policy
Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan covers the entire family under one plan. The plan provides coverage for the entire family at an affordable premium.
|Sum Insured||The Sum Insured of the policy starts at Rs.1 lakh. You can opt for a maximum sum insured of Rs.25 lakh under this policy.|
|Premium||The premium for this policy starts at Rs.5,825. This amount is excluding the tax to be paid for the premium amount. The cost of the premium will increase based on the age and the sum insured chosen.|
Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy is a health insurance policy that is specially designed for senior citizens aged between 60 years and 75 years.
|Eligibility||Anyone above the age of 60 years can apply for this policy. This policy can be availed by everyone between the age of 60 years and 75 years.|
|Medical screening before availing policy||
There is no pre-acceptance medical screening to be done before availing this policy. You can however avail a medical discount of 10% by providing the following test results to the insurer:
|Tax Benefit||You can avail tax benefits for money you pay as premium for this policy. This tax benefit can be claimed under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured of the policy starts at Rs.1 lakh. New sum insured amounts have been introduced. You can opt for a sum insured of up to Rs.25 lakh based on your coverage needs.|
|Premium||The premium to be paid for the policy starts at Rs.6,025. The premium will vary based on the age and the amount of sum insured opted by the insured.|
Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
A Star comprehensive insurance policyis an insurance plan that provides an exhaustive coverage to inpatient as well as certain outpatient treatments. It also considers the healthcare needs of new/expectant mothers.
|Tax Benefits||Any amount paid as a premium for this policy is eligible for tax exemption according to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured under this policy starts at Rs.5 lakh and can go up to a maximum of Rs.1 crore.|
|Premium||The premium of the policy starts at Rs.8,278. The premium will vary depending on the age and extent of cover availed.|
Star Medi-classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
The Star medi classic insurance policy is a comprehensive health insurance plan that provides a cover against a range of medical expenses. The policy also covers non-allopathic treatments. Further, with this policy, the insured individual can also purchase add-ons plans that will provide him/her a more enhanced level of protection.
|Pre-acceptance medical test||Everyone looking to avail this policy above the age of 50 years will have to get some medical tests done before the insurer approves the policy. These tests will be taken at centres that have been nominated by the company. Star is currently covering the costs for these tests.|
|Tax Benefits||The amount paid as premium for this insurance policy is eligible for tax benefits. This is according to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured for this policy starts at Rs.1.5 lakh. This can go up to Rs.15 lakh based on the amount of protection you need.|
|Premium||The premium for this policy starts at Rs.3,137. This amount will vary based on the age and amount of sum insured chosen in the policy.|
Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
Star Health Gain Insurance Policy is a health insurance policy option that covers both inpatient and outpatient expenses.
|Tax Benefit||Any amount you pay as premium for this health insurance policy is eligible for tax exemption under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured under this policy ranges between Rs.1 lakh and Rs.5 lakh. You can choose a sum insured based on the extent of coverage you need.|
|Premium||The premium to be paid for this policy starts at Rs.15,000 and can go up to Rs.30,000. This premium amount is excluding the tax to be paid for the premium amount.|
Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy
Star Super Surplus is a top up policy that can be used to increase the sum insured by paying an affordable premium amount.
|Tax Benefit||Any amount you pay as a premium for this insurance policy is tax exemption. This is according to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured of the policy starts at Rs.5 lakh and can go up to Rs.25 lakh. This will also depend on the plan you choose.|
The policy can be availed on both floater and individual basis. The coverage of the policy will vary based on the plan chosen. Listed below is the coverage you get if you opt for a silver plan:
Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy is a policy specifically designed to cover the expenses arising from the treatment of diabetes. This includes both type 1 and type 2 and any other complications of diabetes.
|Eligibility||Anyone above the age of 18 years and under the age of 65 years can avail this health insurance policy.|
|Tax Benefit||You can avail tax benefit for any amount paid as premium for the policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured of the policy starts at Rs.3 lakh and can be a maximum of Rs.10 lakh. You can choose the sum insured based on the amount you wish to be covered for.|
|Premium||The premium to be paid for the policy starts at Rs.6,825. The premium will vary based on factors like age and the amount of sum insured.|
Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy is a health insurance policy specifically for people who have undergone any surgery listed in the policy for the first time for existing cardiac ailments.
Anyone between the age of 10 years and 65 years if he/she has undergone any one of the following treatments:
|Pre-acceptance medical tests||You need not take any medical tests before availing this policy. The person buying the insurance should submit all the past medical records required by the insurer.|
|Tax Benefit||Any amount paid to the insurer for this policy is eligible for tax benefit under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.|
|Sum Insured||There are two sum insured options available under this plan. You can choose a sum insured of either Rs.3 lakh or Rs.4 lakh based on the coverage you need.|
|Premium||The premium for the policy starts at Rs.14,095. This is excluding the tax to be paid for the premium. The premium cost will vary based on the age, sum insured, and the plan.|
Star Cancer Care Gold Insurance Policy (Pilot Product)
Star Cancer Care Gold is the first health insurance product specifically designed for people who have been diagnosed with cancer. This is a pilot product and will only be available for a limited duration.
|Tax Benefit||Tax benefit can be availed for any amount paid for the insurance policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured can either be Rs.3 lakh or Rs.5 lakh. This cannot be changed again after making a choice.|
|Premium||The premium for the policy starts at Rs.12,250. This amount is excluding the tax to be paid for the premium. The premium amount will vary depending on the age and sum insured chosen.|
Star Care Micro Insurance Policy
Star Care Micro Insurance Policy is available both on a floater and individual basis. This insurance plan is available in tier I and tier II places in the country.
|Eligibility||Anyone between the age of 18 years and 65 years can avail this policy. He/she should be residing in a tier I or tier II place in India.|
|Tax Benefit||You can avail tax benefit for any amount you pay for this insurance policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.|
|Premium||The premium to be paid for this policy starts at Rs.905. This amount is exclusive of the tax to be paid for the premium. The premium amount will vary based on the age and the sum insured chosen.|
The maximum coverage limit for some of the specific diseases and illness have been listed below:
|Disease||Limit of Indemnity|
|Medical Management (Other Diseases)||Rs.7,500|
|Medical Management (Major Diseases)||Rs.15,000|
|Accidental Grievous Injuries||Rs.40,000|
Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy
Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy offers coverage 9 specific critical illness.
|Eligibility||Any one aged between 18 years and 65 years at the time of availing this policy can buy Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy.|
|Tax Benefit||You can avail tax benefits for any amount paid as premium for this insurance policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured under this plan can range between Rs.2 lakh and Rs.1 crore.|
|Premium||The premium of the policy starts at Rs.3,750. This amount is excluding the tax to be paid for the premium amount. The premium to be paid will vary based on the age of the individual.|
|Major Diseases Covered||
Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
Star Family Delite Insurance Policy is an affordable health insurance policy that provides coverage for the entire family.
|Eligibility||Anyone between the age of 5 months and 65 years at the time of availing the policy can purchase this insurance policy. Family under this policy includes spouse, self, and dependent children.|
|Tax Benefit||Tax benefits can be availed for the amount paid for this insurance policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured of this policy is Rs.2 lakh. There is only one sum insured option in this policy.|
|Premium||The premium to be paid for the insurance policy starts at Rs.2,800. This amount is excluding the tax to be paid for the premium amount. The cost of premium will depend on the medical history and the age of the insured person.|
Star Special Care
Star Special Care is a health insurance policy specially designed for children who have been diagnosed with Autism disorder.
|Eligibility||Any child between the age of 3 years and 25 years who has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder will be provided cover under this policy.|
|Sum Insured||The sum insured for this policy is fixed at Rs.3 lakh.|
|Premium||The premium for this policy starts at Rs.4,800. This is excluding the tax to be paid for the premium amount. Different premiums have been set based on the age of the child. Refer to the policy document to get a better idea of the premium to be paid to the insurer.|
The following terms and conditions are applicable to all the plans:
|Renewal||No age limit; Grace period of 30 days from expiry; Increase in sum assured allowed upon renewal; Renewal premium can vary|
|Cancellation||Allowed at any time during policy period; Premiums refunded as per company rates|
|Termination||Upon death of insured, When entire cover is claimed|
Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care
Under this policy, health insurance is for provided families and individuals who live in rural areas in case they are hospitalised due to an accident or an illness.
|Duration||The policy comes with a duration of 1 year.|
Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy
Under this policy, cover is provided for incidental expenses such as food, traveling etc., that are not provided in your health insurance policy in case of hospitalization.
|Duration||The duration of the policy is 1 year/2 years/3 years.|
|Plans||Enhanced Plan and Basic Plan|
|Tax Benefits||Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, tax benefits are provided on the premiums paid. However, the premium cannot be paid by cash.|
Star Super Surplus (Floater) Insurance Policy
Apart from the basic cover, Star Super Surplus provides a larger coverage.
The two different plans are mentioned below:
|Tax Benefits||Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, tax benefits can be availed.|
About Star Health and Allied Insurance
Star Health and Allied Insurance started its operations in 2006 with a focus on health insurance, personal accident, and overseas mediclaim policy. Star Health Insurance offers a variety of health insurance products at affordable prices to make sure everyone can by a health insurance policy and be protected from any medical expenses incurred.
Why choose Star Health Insurance?
- Star Health Insurance is the first standalone health insurance company in India.
- Star Health and Allied Insurance offers the option of cashless hospitalisation and reimbursement feature in all the network hospitals of the company. Star currently has more than 9,100 network hospitals across the nation.
- The insurance company has a presence all over the country with more than 450 branch offices spread across the country.
- Claim settlement is hassle free and is directly done without the involvement of a third party.
- Offers a variety of insurance products ranging from Family Floater Schemes to Senior Citizen health insurance covers.
- Star was selected as the Best Health Insurance Provider for the year by Money Today Financial Awards and Business Today for the year 2018-19.
- Star Health and Allied Insurance was rated as the Best Claim Settlement Insurer by Hindustan MaRs Survey.
- The company won the W.H.O Award of Excellence for the year 2017 from the President of India.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Online Renewal:
Star Health and Allied Insurance offers many policies with a lifetime renewability option. Here is a step-by-step guide to renew your Star Health Insurance policy online:
- Visit the insurer's website for instant renewal.
- Click on the Renewal button.
- Fill in the online form with details about your policy such as the policy number, your mobile number, email ID, and date of birth. Click on Proceed.
- Fill in your address and click on proceed.
- Post keying-in all the mandatory information, renewal details such as gross premium and service tax will be displayed.
- You can click on Renewal Notice and a new window will open with the notice.
- After reading the notice, click on Purchase Policy.
- Register with your name, phone, email and password to pay the premium using net banking, debit card or credit card.
It is important to check the terms and conditions of renewability before buying a health insurance policy.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Customer Care:
Star Health and Allied Insurance has a dedicated claims helpdesk to resolve the claim-related queries of its customers. The claims helpdesk number and contact person for each location can be found on the insurance company's website. The grievances will be acknowledged within hours of registration of complaint.
- Address: The Manager - Customer Care, Star Health & Allied Insurance Co. Ltd, No.1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600 034
- The insurer also has a dedicated email ID and toll-free numbers
Your queries can be submitted online through the insurer’s website. As one of the largest health insurance companies in India, Star Health and Allied Insurance takes special care in redressing the grievances of its customers.
Know More About:Star Health and Allied Insurance Customer Care Number
Star Health and Allied Insurance Mediclaim Premium Calculator:
The online premium calculator available on the insurer’s website makes it easy for insurance premium calculation of your chosen health insurance policy. Visit the official website of Star Health Insurance and click on the chosen plan. For instance, if you have chosen a Family Insurance Plan, enter how many adults and children you want to insure under the scheme, enter the sum insured amount, the date of birth of the eldest member of your family, pincode, etc. Once you have keyed-in all the necessary information, you will get an instant quote of the insurance premium for the chosen policy.
Star Health and Allied Insurance for Government Employees:
The Tamil Nadu State Government had launched a new health insurance scheme with a tie-up with Star Health and Allied Insurance Company for government employees and their families in 2008. The premium for the health cover was paid by the employees and in part by the government. The policyholder could avail up to Rs.2 lakh towards medical expenses for 4 years for an annual premium of Rs.495. The state government employee had to pay Rs.300 while the government paid the rest. A sum of Rs.25 was deducted from the monthly salary of the employee enrolled under the scheme. The beneficiaries of the scheme could avail medical services in 52 hospitals across the state.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Health Checkup:
Star Health Insurance covers health checkup for every 1-3 claim-free years under the Family Health Optima Insurance Plan, Star Comprehensive Insurance policy, and Medi-classic Insurance Policy. Regular Health checkup can help identify an illness or prevent the onset of one. Health checkup can be expensive, which is why, an insurance policy that covers your health check-up costs can be beneficial.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Policy Document:
It is important to go through the policy document for inclusions and exclusions when buying an insurance plan to avoid any hassle when making a claim. Star Health and Allied Insurance application form, policy document, brochures, pre-authorisation form, and KYC form are available on the insurer’s website. You can download the forms, fill it, and submit it at the nearest Star Health Insurance branch office.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Login:
To log into the Star Health Insurance website, you have to register with your name, phone, email, and password. You can login with your registered email ID and password. By logging into the website, you can carry out the following:
- Star Health and Allied Insurance mediclaim online payment
- View your policy renewal notice
- Make Star Health and Allied Insurance renewal payment
Star Health and Allied Insurance Customer ID:
A new health insurance scheme was launched by the Tamil Nadu state government in partnership with the stand-alone health insurance company, Star Health and Allied Insurance to provide health cover for government employees. The insurance company issued identity cards to the employees and the beneficiaries covered under the new health insurance scheme through the respective pay drawing officers within a period of 60 days from the date of commencement of the scheme.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Network Hospitals:
Star Health and Allied Insurance has tie-ups with over 9,100 hospitals across the country where policyholders with a Star Health Insurance policy can avail cashless hospitalisation as well as reimbursement facility. It is one of the largest bases of network hospitals in India. The insurer also offers a hassle-free claim settlement process without the intervention of a Third-Party Administrator (TPA).
To locate a network hospital near your home, select your state and city from the drop-down box on the online Network Hospital Locator. You will get a list of network hospitals with contact details instantly. Star Health also has tie-ups with Agreed Network Hospitals where the insured members can avail cashless transactions and get package rates for identified procedures.
Also Read:How to File a Claim with SBI Health?
How to File a Claim with Star Health?
Cashless Claim: Visit a network hospital of the insurer to avail cashless treatment. Intimate the insurer within 24 hours of unplanned hospitalisation and 48 hours prior to your planned hospitalisation by calling the toll-free number of Star Health Insurance.
- Display your Star Health ID at the network hospital help desk. The hospital will verify your identity details and submit a duly-filled and signed pre-authorisation request form to the insurance company.
- Star Health will appoint a doctor to verify the pre-authorisation request and send an approval letter to the hospital.
- The hospital will proceed with the cashless treatment for the insured member.
- If the cashless claim is denied, the insured member can get treated and file for a reimbursement claim after discharge.
Reimbursement Claim: A field doctor will be assigned by Star Health to make hospitalisation easier for the insured. All claim intimations have to be made within 24 hours of hospitalisation. Reimbursement facility can be availed at network as well as non-network hospitals.
- Settle all the hospital bills at the time of discharge and collect all the original documents such as discharge summary, prescription, medical bills, hospital bills, pharmacy bills, etc.
- Submit a reimbursement claim form along with the original medical documents at the nearest Star Health branch office within 30 days of discharge.
- Upon successful verification and approval, the claim amount will be sent to the insured.
Incurred Claims Ratio of Star Health Insurance for the Year 2017-18
|Net Earned Premium (in Crore)||Net Claims Paid (in Crore)||Incurred Claims Ratio (in %)|
|Rs.2,793.60 crore||Rs.1,692.02 crore||61.76%|
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance – Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it necessary to buy a health insurance policy?
Buying a health insurance policy will ensure that you and your family are protected from any financial risk that might come up due to a sudden medical emergency. Opting for a good health insurance plan will make sure you save a lot of money in the long run.
Are diagnostic charges like X-ray and MRI covered under the health insurance policy?
A health insurance plan will cover all diagnostic tests like MRI, X-Ray, and blood tests only if they are related to the insured getting admitted in a hospital for at least 24 hours. Diagnostic tests that are not part of hospitalisation or which have been prescribed as outpatient will not be covered under the policy.
What is meant by a hospital under Mediclaim insurance?
A nursing home or hospital in India is an institution that has the capacity for indoor care and treatment of injuries and sickness. A hospital or a nursing home should be registered with the local authorities and must be under the supervision of a qualified and registered medical practitioner. If this is not the case, the hospital should satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- Should have an operation theater where surgeries can be carried out.
- The hospital should have at least 15 in-patient beds. The number of beds is reduced to 10 if it is a ‘C’ town.
- Nursing staff that has all the necessary qualifications should be available round the clock at the hospital.
- A qualified doctor should be available and should be in charge at the hospital round the clock.
Can the insurer reject the request for authorisation of a cashless claim?
Yes, there is a possibility Star Health might reject the request for authorisation of a cashless claim. Some of the most common reasons for the insurer to reject cashless claims have been listed below:
- The insured has completely exhausted the sum insured to cover the hospitalisation costs.
- The disease for which the hospitalisation occurred is not covered under the insurance policy.
What are some of the important things to keep in mind at the time of hospitalisation using the cashless access scheme?
- It is advisable to register with the hospital in advance if you wish to get admission to the hospital on the day of appointment.
- You can contact either the Star Health Customer Care or the admission desk at the hospital.
- You can show your Star identity card as proof and sign the pre-authorisation form provided by the hospital after verifying your Star identity card.
- There are some network hospitals that will be asking for some processing fees for admission and registration. These costs will have to be covered by the policyholder as it cannot be reimbursed under your health insurance policy.
What is the Income Tax exemption provided for health insurance policies?
- The premium to be paid for the policy is exempted from Income Tax according to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. This exemption is up to Rs.25,000 for an individual who is covering the family and his/her dependent children.
- If the policyholder wishes to cover his/her parents aged below 60 years under the insurance policy, tax benefit of another Rs.25,000 will be provided under Section 80D.
- In cases where parents are more than 60 years old, a deduction of Rs.50,000 can be availed under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
How does cashless hospitalisation work?
- Every person who is provided coverage under the health insurance policy will be provided with an identity card.
- In case there is a need for hospitalisation, the policyholder will have to inform Star Health at 044-28302200 / 1800 102 4477 / 1800 425 2255.
- You will have to get a pre-authorisation letter from Star Health. The hospital will also be submitting the pre-authorisation form to the insurer.
- Star Health will then process the cashless request based on the details received and will provide a response to the hospital.
How does the hospitalisation process work in case it is a planned hospitalisation?
- The pre-authorisation form in the case of a planned hospitalisation will have to be signed by the insured and sent by the hospital to the insured.
- The request will have to reach Star Health at least two days prior to the date of hospitalisation.
- Any changes made to the hospital, the date of hopsitalisation, the nature of the illness for admission or the surgeon performing the procedure will deem the pre-authorisation invalid. You will have to get a new authorisation in this case.
- The authorisation will be addressed to the hospital.
- This authorisation is only valid in all the network hospitals under the insurer.
What is the procedure to be followed to avail a reimbursement for pre hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses under this insurance policy?
- Mediclaim Policy gives the option of reimbursement of expenses incurred for a disease for which hospitalisation was necessary. You can reimburse for some expenses prior to hospitalisation and for a specified number of days after discharge from the hospital. This is however subject to some limits that have been mentioned in the policy.
- In order to claim pre hospitalisation expenses, all expenses that are incurred at Out Patient treatment which results in In-Patient hospitalisation are called pre hospitalisation expenses. This coverage is for up to 30 days before the date of hospitalisation. You will have to produce all the original bills if you wish to make claims.
- In order to avail post hospitalisation expenses, 7% of the total hospital bill without including room rent up to a maximum of Rs.5,000 can be classified as post-hospitalisation expenses. This coverage will be offered based on the recommendation provided by the doctor and the discharge summary.
Can a diabetic person take a mediclaim policy with Star Health?
Yes, you can take any health insurance with Star Health that excludes an existing condition of diabetes. There is also an option to purchase covers for diabetes. You can purchase a Diabetes Safe Policy. This policy will provide coverage for all complications that may come up due to Diabetic Nephropathy, Diabetic Foot Ulcer, and Diabetic Retinopathy. This policy will however require a pre-medical screening even if the policy proposer is under 50 years old.
You can contact the customer service in case of non-settlement of claims by the insurer.