Once you get your COVID-19 vaccine shot, you will be able to download your vaccination certificate. This is proof that you have been vaccinated with one or both vaccine doses. Currently, if you want to download the vaccination certificate, you have to do so via the CoWIN portal.
The Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya's office has recently launched a facility where, if you have got your COVID-19 vaccination, you can easily get the vaccination certificate via WhatsApp within a few seconds.
How to get Your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate via MyGov Corona Helpdesk-WhatsApp
- Step 1: You have to save this number to your contacts: +91 9013151515.
- Step 2: Now, open WhatsApp and send 'covid certificate' to the number.
- Step 3: Enter the OTP which you receive.
Parts of Your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
Your COVID-19 certificate has three parts:
- Beneficiary details
- Vaccination details
- QR Code
- Your name
- ID Verified (Aadhaar card number)
- Unique Health ID (UHID)
- Beneficiary Reference ID
- Vaccine name (Covishield/Covaxin)
- Date of 1st Dose/ Date of 2nd Dose
- Vaccinated by (name of the person who administered the vaccine)
- Next due date (if you have taken your first dose)
- Vaccination at (the hospital/place where you took your vaccination)
- This is the code which is scanned at http://verify.cowin.gov.in for verifying the certificate.
Timeline of the COVID-19 Vaccination Drive in India
16 January 2021:
The vaccination drive was launched in India. Healthcare workers across the country were the first to get the vaccination.2 February 2021:
The vaccination drive then expanded to frontline workers.1 March 2021:
The next phase of the drive started for those over the age of 60 years and 45 years with specified co-morbid conditions.1 April 2021:
The vaccination drive was then open for everyone above the age of 45 years.1 May 2021:
The drive was expanded to cover everyone over the age of 18 years.
A provisional report states that as of now, 50,68,10,492 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in India. This has been done through 58,51,292 sessions with 55,91,657 vaccine doses being given every day.