Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited (previously known as Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited) aims at offering the best of healthcare to its customers. This standalone health insurance company was formed by the partnership of True North and Bupa. Niva Bupa Health Insurance comes with a variety of health insurance policies designed to cater to the needs of every customer.
The insurer focuses on providing hassle-free and cashless claims processing without the involvement of third-party agents. With over 29 million customers in 190+ countries, Niva Bupa offers health insurance policies in a digitally enabled manner for individuals of all age groups. The insurer has received recognition for its innovative services in the form of many awards and accolades.
Why Should You Choose Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Niva Bupa Health Insurance policies have various customer-centric features such as:
- Quick and cashless claims processing: Niva Bupa Health Insurance strives at offering customers a hassle- free experience with its fast and cashless claims processing. Customers can benefit from cashless claims that take just 30 minutes, settlement of claims without third parties, helpdesks covering all the leading hospitals, paperless reimbursements and more.
- 24x7 Online Support: Niva Bupa offers constant support to the customers via a chat box. Customers can get answers to their queries instantly and also request a call back to learn about various health insurance plans.
- Technology-driven services: Niva Bupa Health App assists customers in booking outpatient department appointments as well as appointments for pathology lab tests, helps them in taking e-consultations, enables home delivery of medicines, and ensures customers can access their health insurance plans without any trouble. Niva Bupa also has a chatbot named CIA that has solved queries and helped more than 73,000 customers, backing the healthcare network of India amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Customised solutions: Niva Bupa’s health insurance plans have been designed to meet the requirements of every individual. The insurer offers specialised plans for fitness enthusiasts, families, and individuals who require insurance coverage for critical illness or accidents.
- Extensive network: Niva Bupa Health Insurance has a wide range of network of over 34,000 agents covering 7,000 hospitals across the country.
- Lifelong Renewability Facility: Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plans come with a lifetime renewability facility. Thus, you can pay the premium and enjoy the benefits of your health insurance plan all your life.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plans
The family floater and individual health insurance plans offered by Niva Bupa are as follows:
- Niva Bupa Reassure Plan
- Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan
- Niva Bupa Health Premia Plan
- Niva Bupa Heartbeat Plan
- Niva Bupa GoActive Plan
- Niva Bupa Money Saver Plan
- Niva Bupa Senior First Plan
- Niva Bupa Super Saver Plan
- Niva Bupa Health Pulse Plan
- Niva Bupa AccidentCare Plan
- Niva Bupa CritiCare Plan
- Niva Bupa Corona Kavach Plan
- Niva Bupa Saral Suraksha Bima Plan
How to Buy Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plan Online?
To avail of Niva Bupa Health Insurance plans, follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Niva Bupa and select your gender.
- Step 2: Then, provide your personal details such as your mobile number and name.
- Step 3: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- Step 4: Next, choose the date when you would want to purchase the plan.
- Step 5: Select ‘View Instant Quotes’ option.
- Step 6: Now, choose the family members you wish to add under the plan and enter their ages.
- Step 7: Tap on ‘Continue’ button. Then, specify your city, email address and select ‘Submit and View Quotes’ option.
- Step 8: Numerous insurance plans will be displayed on the screen. Choose a plan that fits your requirements and make payment.
Process to Avail Niva Bupa Health Insurance Cashless Claim
Niva Bupa Health Insurance settles claims by cashless claims and reimbursement claims. If you want to avail of a cashless claim, follow the steps mentioned below.
Process to Avail Niva Bupa Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim
If you don’t want to opt for a cashless claim, you can pay your hospital bills and file for a reimbursement claim later. Below is a step-by-step procedure to avail of a reimbursement claim.
- Step 1: You must notify Niva Bupa regarding the claim settlement within 48 hours of admission in a hospital or discharge (whichever occurs first).
- Step 2: Now, you can take treatment and make a collection of all the important documents such as discharge reports, medical test reports etc.
- Step 3: Next, you have to submit your medical documents along with a signed claim request form.
- Step 4: Niva Bupa will inspect your claim request form and medical documents for verification. If your claim request is rejected, you will be notified.
- Step 5: After verification, the amount will be reimbursed to you as per the insurance policy terms and conditions.
What Are the Documents Required for Niva Bupa Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim
The documents required for Niva Bupa Health Insurance reimbursement claim are as follows.
- A valid proof of identity
- Doctor’s prescription for lab tests, medicines and consultation
- Original discharge certificate with the doctor’s signature and hospital bills
- A letter of hospitalisation from the doctor
- First Information Report (FIR) during a police case
- Post mortem report (if applicable)
- Original bills from the pharmacy
How to Renew Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Niva Bupa Health Insurance plans can be availed for different tenures based on your requirement. You have to renew your policy after your tenure ends. You can renew your Niva Bupa Health Insurance plan by following the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Health Insurance Renewal’ page on Niva Bupa’s official website.
- Step 2: Select the plan you wish to renew and enter your date of birth, policy number and other details.
- Step 3: Now, you have to choose a renewal quote as well as add-ons if required.
- Step 4: Select your preferred payment mode and complete the online transaction to renew your plan.
FAQs About Niva Bupa Health Insurance
- Which kind of medical expenses will be compensated by Niva Bupa Health Insurance?
- What is the life of health insurance plans offered by Niva Bupa?
- Can I avail Niva Bupa Health Insurance cashless claim at any hospital?
- What are the claim settlement methods offered by Niva Bupa Health Insurance?
- Is it mandatory to undergo a medical check-up to purchase Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plans?
- Who is the third-party administrator (TPA) of Niva Bupa Health Insurance?
- How long does Niva Bupa Health Insurance take to respond to a claim settlement request?
- Will Niva Bupa Health Insurance cover all expenses incurred during a medical emergency?
- Can I renew my Niva Bupa Insurance Plan online?
All legitimate medical expenses incurred by a policyholder will be covered by Niva Bupa Health Insurance.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plans come with a tenure ranging from 1-3 years. You can choose tenure as per your requirement.
No. The cashless facility can be claimed only at the hospitals that are enrolled under Niva Bupa’s network.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance offers claim settlement by cashless claims and reimbursement claims.
A medical check-up is not mandatory for everyone and is dependent on an individual’s age. Individuals of age 60 and above will have to undergo a medical check-up from any of the hospitals empanelled with Niva Bupa.
A TPA is a corporate agent appointed in Niva Bupa’s chain of hospitals. These corporate agents are responsible for assisting customers in availing of reimbursement claims and cashless facilities.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance generally takes up to 30 minutes to a claim settlement request. However, if your request is rejected, you will be notified with a valid reason.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance covers hospitalisation expenses up to the amount assured by the policy. In case the expenses exceed the amount covered under the policy, you will have to pay it.
Yes, you can renew your Niva Bupa Insurance Plan by visiting the insurer’s official website.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.