ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation) is an autonomous corporation that manages the Employees’ State Insurance – a health insurance and social security scheme for Indian workers. Individuals can make their ESIC challan payments online. Here’s how:
- Visit the ESIC e-Challan payment website.
- Search for the pending e-challan by entering your employer code and the captcha as displayed on the screen before hitting Search.
- Choose the challan number for making ESIC challan payment. Your employer code, employer address and factory name will be displayed on the screen. You can also see the information of your pending ESIC challan, such as challan number, challan period, and amount. The challan number link will have to be clicked on to carry on with the payment process.
- The challan number that is generated will have to be noted down for future reference and then select Continue to carry on with the payment process. You will then be redirected to the payment gateway where the payment can be made.
- A list of payment gateways will be displayed on screen and you will have to choose to complete your payment. The payment can be made either through net banking or debit card. Once you have entered your bank details and completed the transaction, you will receive the status of your payment. The transaction can be saved on your computer or mobile phone as proof of payment.