The Corona Kavach policy offered by Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd is a standard health insurance plan that provides COVID hospitalization cover. Launched by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) in a bid to provide quality healthcare and prompt medical treatment, it is mandatory for all general and standalone health insurance companies to offer this policy
Features and Benefits of Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd Corona Kavach Policy
The features and benefits of the policy offered by Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd are listed below:
- Cover hospitalization expenses for treatment of coronavirus.
- Cover expenses incurred for treatment of COVID-19 at home after the medical practitioner advises for the same following positive diagnosis.
- Avail AYUSH cover for treatment up to the sum insured.
- There is no pre-acceptance medical screening.
- Get cash benefit of 0.5 percent of the sum insured for each day of hospitalization for a maximum of 15 days.
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization cover provided.
- 5 percent discount on premium is offered to health care workers.
- Insured sum can range between Rs.50,000 and Rs.5,00,000.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd Corona Kavach Policy Eligibility Criteria
|Minimum age of entry||For adults – 18 years For children – 1 day|
|Maximum age of entry||For adults – 65 years For dependent children – 25 years|
|Policy tenure||105 days, 195 days, and 285 days|
|Type of coverage||Individual or floater|
|Premium payment frequency||Single payment|
|Maximum sum insured||Up to Rs.5 lakh|
Star Advantages of Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd Corona Kavach Policy
Some of the advantages of the policy offered by Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd are:
- Cashless hospitalization
- Direct in-house settlement with regard to claims
- There is no third-party administrator
- Hassle-free claim settlement
The amount paid for the insurance policy is eligible for tax benefit if the payment is made by any mode other can cash. The benefit is provided under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
How to buy Corona Kavach Policy from Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd?
You need to follow the steps mentioned below to buy Star Health and Allied Insurance Corona Kavach Policy:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Star Health at www.starhealth.in
Step 2: Click on ‘Plans’ tab from the top menu and click on ‘View all plans’
Step 3: Next, click on ‘Buy Now’ displayed on ‘Corona Kavach Policy, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd’
Step 4: Enter details like name, mobile number, and email and click on ‘Next’
Step 5: Select policy type, policy term, date of birth and number of members
Step 6: Click on ‘Next’
Step 7: Select the Health insurance cover and click on ‘Buy Now’
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the maximum cover per hospitalization for road ambulance under COVID Hospitalization Cover?
- Does the policy cover expense for co-morbid conditions?
- What is the minimum and maximum sum insured under the policy?
- Will the cost of pulse oximeter, oxygen cylinder and nebulizer be covered under the policy if I am advised treatment at home?
- When it comes to pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization, what duration of medical expenses incurred will be covered by the policy?
The maximum cover is Rs.2,000 per hospitalization.
Yes, the expenses incurred for co-morbid conditions are covered by the Corona Kavach policy.
The minimum and maximum sum insured under the policy is Rs.50,000 and Rs.5,00,000.
Yes, the cost will be covered under the policy.
For pre-hospitalization, medical expenses incurred up to 15 days prior to the date of admission will be covered while in case of post-hospitalization expenses incurred up to 30 days after discharge will be covered.