What is Domestic Travel Insurance?
Whether you are roving around the country for professional purpose, on a family vacation, or have sold everything to chase a road-life, travelling will only widen your horizon. So cheers to that!
Exploring India can be an overwhelming experience even for those who are born and brought up here, such is the unimaginable diversity of our nation. It won’t be all hunky-dory as shown in movies, but you will be a happier and ‘richer’ person at the end of it. Enhanced self-esteem, new memories and friends-for-life are other concomitants. Domestic travelling is but an idiosyncratic experience in itself as you get to catalyze your insights and challenge your boundaries without traversing into an intimidatingly unfamiliar terrain (like a country you have never been to).
So the decision is made. Now what about all those brass tacks you have to think about, like, say, travel insurance? You cannot put a price on peace of mind and hence best travel insurance is a must. If unforeseen situations interrupt or cut short your trip after all the bookings are done, this is one way to get back some of your money back. And this is one fine line between a traveler and a smart traveler and the way you pick your domestic travel insurance online can definitely be one of the yardsticks to gauge that. Go on… because the effects of your travels are going to last much more than the journey itself.
Features & Benefits of Domestic Travel Insurance in India:
- Most Domestic Trip Insurance products offered by Indian insurers comes with an info service provider that will send you the most current and travel and health facts regarding your destination.
- You can request for round-the-clock medical assistance on your phone across the country.
- Avail recommendations and expert opinions from of medical practitioners, healthcare centres and hospitals across India.
- Reimbursement of medical costs sustained during hospitalization wherever you are.
- Emergency situations like evacuation, deportation and repatriation of mortal will be taken care of.
- 24*7 help available in case of lost luggage.
- If you need specific itineraries for different cities, highlighting the main tourist gems, that will be provided as well.
- Most insurance providers will not insist on any medical test to buy domestic travel insurance in India up to age 70.
Insurance Companies offering Best Domestic Travel Insurance:
Given below are the top-notch domestic travel insurance providers in India:
- Tata AIG
- Appollo Munich
- Bajaj Allianz
Domestic Trip Insurance Eligibility Criteria:
- Any Indian citizen journeying within the country can buy a Domestic Travel Insurance from any insurance company.
- International travelers with passports of any other country other than India can avail a Domestic Travel Insurance if they submit proofs of work permits or are touring here.
- The age of the insured person can vary from six months to 70 years. A minor, between age six months and five years shall be indemnified only along with their parent(s) or guardian.
Domestic Travel Insurance Policy Inclusions:
Most domestic travel insurance policies in India offers the following covers with slight variations.
- Accidental demise and PTD (24 hours)
- Coverage for accidental hospitalization
- Medical evacuation advantage in case of emergency
- Deportation of remains benefit
- Individual liability benefit
- Accidental hospital money Benefit
- Hotel accommodation rent if the trip is postponed due to delay in train/ plane arrival.
- Loss of Ticket - Rail/Flight following accident
- For transportation of family
- Additional staff assistance in case of emergency (Only for business tours)
- Ticket expenses if you miss the train or flight due to an accident
Domestic Travel Insurance General Exclusions:
- If the insurance holder is travelling against the advice of a doctor, travelling for medical treatment or is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Suicide, self wreaked harm, STDs, mental or nervous disorder (such as stress, depression, anxiety etc.)
- If you are a member of the Military or Armed Forces of any nation and has not specified that.
- Accidents caused under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Being a part of any attempted crime, civil commotion, misdemeanor, or riot.
- Working or learning to handle any aircraft, or carrying out duties as a crew member on any aircraft or Scheduled Airline.
- Participation in adventure and winter sports like skydiving, parachuting, skiing, mountaineering, hang gliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, or races on any motorized automobile.
- Activities like caving or pot-holing, hunting or horse-riding, surfing, underwater sports, canoeing and rafting.
- Complications due to prolonged childbirth or pregnancy.
- All non medical expenses.
Domestic Travel Insurance Plan Claim Process:
Some domestic travel insurance claims are promptly settled amicably over the phone while there are many others that will need you to complete claim forms, producing applicable papers, witness accounts and so on. It all depends on the kind of claim and how well you present it. In short, keep it straightforward to get paid swiftly. Nowadays you can easily file for claims online by attaching the relevant documents.
For example Flight Cancellation/ Delay:
Air carriers are infamous for adjourning flights and occasionally even cancelling at the eleventh hour. This not only leads annoying inconvenience but will also be overpriced as you can miss connection flights and hotel accommodations, not to mention important business conferences. Not everyone can afford to buy another ticket at the last moment. Here, the insurance cover recompenses you for the interruptions. The only condition is that you must avail a certificate from the particular airline validating your claim or face claim denial.
- This that and those about Travel Insurance
- Wash your stress away with Inetrnational Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance – Must for Overseas Study
- All you need to kno about Family Travel Insurance
- Is Senior Citizen Travel Insurance necessary?
- Myths about Travel Insurance
- What is Single Trip Travel Insurance?
- What isCorporate Travel Insurance?
- Travel Insurance for Schegen Visa India
- Wht is Travel Insurance necessary?
- What is Group Travel Insurance?
- How to choose the Best Travel Insurance Policy?
- How to buy Travel Insurance Online?
- Should i buy Travel Insurance for Cruise
- Travel Insurance- Some things to know before you buy it
- When should i buy Travel Insurance?