The Form 10C is a form that should be filled and submitted when claiming benefits under the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS). Every month a part of the overall PF contributions is segmented into the Employee Pension Scheme, and this section of the proceeds from your PF account can be withdrawn using the Form 10C.
What is Form 10C?
Form 10C is the primary form to be submitted for claiming the benefits under the employee pension scheme. The contributions made by your employer towards your PF account is segmented into EPF funds and EPS funds. The part of the contribution from your employer that goes into the EPS scheme can be withdrawn by using Form 10C.
Download Form 10C
From Official Website: Form 10c for Claiming Withdrawal Benefit/Scheme Certificate
Who can Apply?
All members of the EPS scheme satisfying the below mentioned criteria can apply:
- A person who has left employment before completion of 10 years and who has attained 58 years of age before completion of 10 years of service.
- A person who has completed 10 years in service and not attained 50 years of age, or a member who is between 50 to 58 years of age and is unwilling to settle with reduced pension.
- Family/nominee of a member who died before completing 10 years of service and was more than 58 years at the time of death.
When to Use Form 10C?
This form is to be used to claim any of the following:
- Employer share refund
- Scheme certificate for member retention
- Withdrawal benefit
These benefits can be explained as:
Scheme Certificate: This certificate can be claimed when the overall period of service of an employee is more than 9.5 years and he/she hasn’t reached 50 years of age as of application date. The scheme certificate allows a member to carry forward his earlier service period when he rejoins as an employee in the same or different organization. A member can withdraw their PF accumulations while availing a scheme certificate.
Withdrawal Benefit: This certificate is issued to applicants who have been in service for less than 9.5 years and he/she hasn’t touched 50 years of age as of application date. The scheme allows for pension fund money back as the employees aren’t yet entitled for pension. Withdrawal benefit is not applicable when the membership is less than 180 days excluding the non-contributing period.
How to Fill Form 10C?
This is a 4 page document in which you are required to fill up the first 2 pages in general cases and also the 3rd page for if you have taken any advances against the account. The final page is for administrative purposes and there’s no need to fill it up.
The first page asks you for details like:
- Date of birth
- Father’s name and/or husband’s name
- Employer address
- PF account number
- Joining date with employer
- Reason for leaving and date of leaving
- Full address
The 2nd page of the form will ask for details including:
- Particulars of family/nominees
- Mode of remittance
- Date and signature, and some more details pertaining to age and account details for remittances
For the 3rd page which deals with advances, you will be asked for the following details, among others:
- Sum received
- Details of wages and period of non-contributory service of member
- Date and signature
The final section is meant for administration purposes only. This will be filled by the relevant authorities.
Instructions for Filling Form 10C:
- Write names in capital letters
- Date of birth should be exact
- No cutting or overwriting should be there, and if there are corrections, the same must be attested
- The PF account number consists of region code (2 alphabets), office code (3 alphabets), code number (maximum 7 digit), extension (sub code) and the account number (less than or equal to 7 digits)
- In the form, Sl No 9 should be filled if applying for scheme certificate, while Sl No 11 can be left blank
- Sl No 11 should be filled if applying for withdrawal certificate, while Sl No 9 can be left blank
- In addition to bank account details, you should also attach a copy of cancelled/blank cheque to ensure that the account number and IFSC code are visible clearly
- In case of death of member, Sl No 9 should be filled with details of family/nominees/legal heir and Sl No 10 and 11 should be filled by the respective legal heir/nominee/family member
- Sl No 12 should be filled if member is drawing pension or family pension under the EPS scheme 1995
Attestation and Additional Documents to be attached with Application:
The application is to be directed through the last employer. For online download of forms, all pages should be signed by both employee and employer. In case the organization has ceased to exist, the form should be attested from an authorized official. Authorized officials include magistrate, gazetted officer, village union president, post or sub postmaster, village panchayat president, member or secretary or chairman of municipal or district local board, MLA, MP, member of central board of trustees, regional committee of EPF, manager of bank where savings account exists, or the head of any educational institution.
In terms of documents required, the following needs to be attached with the application:
- Blank/cancelled cheque
- Date of birth certificates of children when applying for scheme certificate
- Death certificate if member is deceased
- Succession certificate for legal heirs of member
- Re 1 stamp in case applying for withdrawal benefit through a bank