Tax forms or income tax forms are official documents that a taxpayer has to fill out when they pay their taxes. The number of tax forms you need to fill depends on the complexity of your finances. These tax forms are available on the official website of the Income Tax filing department and can be downloaded for free.
What is Form 64A?
Form 64A contains the statement of income paid or credited by Venture Capital company and credited by Venture Capital Fund to be furnished under section 115U of the Income-Tax Act 1961.
How to Fill Form 64A?
Form 64A can be found online on the official Income Tax filing website and can be downloaded from Forms download section or Directly download Form 64A. The form contains several details which need to be filled out before submission. It is important to fill out the correct details before submitting the form.
Where can the Form be Submitted?
The form can be submitted at designated banks or post offices.
What are the Components of Form 64A?
Listed below are the components of Form 64A.
- It contains name of the business trust owned by the taxpayer
- The applicant has to note down the address of the registered office on the form
- Permanent account number also known as PAN number
- Previous year ending
- Name and address of the trustee of the business trust
- Date of registration of the business trust with Securities and Exchange Board of India
- The taxpayer should also mention if the business trust had been listed on any recognised stock exchange at any time during the previous year
- Aggregate income of the business trust from all sources
- Income by way of interest referred to in section 10 (23FC)
- Proportion of (9 to 8)
- Proportion of (11 to 8)
- Income other than that referred to in 9 and 11
- Proportion of (13 to 8)
- Few Details of persons being unit holders, referred to in sub-section (1) of section 115UA to whom the income is distributed. The details contains information such as name, address, PAN, total amount distributed,amount of income in the nature of interest referred to in section 10(23FC), amount of income in the nature of dividend referred to in section 115-O, amount of other income.
What are the Documents that need to be enclosed with the Form 64A at the time of Submission?
- Copy of certificate of registration under Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Copy of trust deed registered under the provisions of the registration act, 1908
- Audited accounts including balance sheet, annual report and certifies copies of income.
Who has to fill out this Form?
Any individual who is responsible of making payment of the income distributed on behalf of a business trust to a unit holder is required to furnish a statement to the authority within the prescribed time.