Reliance Mutual Fund is one of the fastest growing mutual funds in India. Incorporated in 1995, the company has a long history of providing impressive returns to customers. It is currently headed by Mr Sundeep Sikka. Reliance Mutual Fund has an impressive Rs.1,37,124 crores of average asset under management (AAUM), and has a pan-India presence across 160 cities.
Reliance Mutual Fund provides funds under 5 classes – Debt Funds, Equity Funds, Liquid Funds, Gold Funds and Retirement Funds (both equity and debt). Funds are available for investment in 20 distinct categories subject to individual funds’ terms and conditions, which include – Ultra Short Term, Gilt, Short Term, Long Term, MIP (monthly income plan) Dynamic, ETF, Liquid etc. Reliance Mutual Fund provides more than 200 different schemes to choose from and more than 800 different scheme options.
Types of funds offered by Reliance MF
Debt funds: These funds are savings instruments that provide average returns with a greater level of reliability and safety than equity funds.
- Ultra short term: These are a fixed income instrument with short term maturities.
- Gilt: These are relatively secure bonds where the funds are invested in government securities.
- Short term: These funds are typically short term and invest in low risk and high quality bonds.
- Long term: The long term funds generally mature in 10 years.
- MIP: Short for Monthly Income Plan, an MIP provides stable and regular monthly income, primarily meant for the retiring class.
- Dynamic: These funds provide the flexibility to move between long and short term instruments as per market performance and the fund manager’s outlook.
Equity funds: The equity funds denote funds invested in equities or stocks in the financial market. These are generally medium to high risk instruments with dynamic returns.
- Diversified large cap: In these funds, the overall investments are scattered across different securities to mitigate the risks involved.
- ETF: Short for Exchange-Traded Fund, this fund invests in different securities, while being traded throughout the day unlike a mutual fund.
- Diversified multi cap: These funds invest in diverse securities irrespective of their market capitalization, for instance investing in large and small cap instruments together.
- Sector: These are sector-specific funds investing in various sectors like infrastructure, oil etc.
- Diversified mid cap and small cap: Similar to diversified multi cap, with investments done in mid and small cap instruments.
- Tax saver: Tax saver funds, also called ELSS (equity-linked savings scheme), provide tax benefits under section 88 of the Income Tax Act.
- Index: These funds are designed to track how a specific index (S&P 500, Sensex for instance) performs.
- Arbitrage: Arbitrage funds exploit the price difference of securities in different markets, by simultaneously buying lower priced securities from one market and selling them in a different market with higher price of the same securities.
- Balanced: These funds have almost equal corpus of both equity and debt instruments.
- International: As the name implies, these equity funds are invested in international securities.
Liquid funds:These funds are usually chosen as a supplement for short term funds, and the funds are invested with low risk such as in money markets. There is generally nil to very less lock-in period for these funds.
Gold funds: These funds provide investments in physical gold or traded stocks of gold mining corporations. The funds offer customers the opportunity to buy pure gold at low prices and sell them at market linked prices, while offsetting any issue of theft.
- Gold ETF: Gold exchange-traded funds invest in gold by keeping track of price of gold in the markets.
Retirement funds: Usually a combination of both equity and debt instruments, retirement funds provide a steady source of income for retirees.
Why Choose Reliance Mutual Fund?
There a number of reasons to invest in this fund besides great performance and returns.
- Robust distribution network spread throughout the country.
- Expertise in the field with over 20 years of experience.
- Pioneer in their field.
- Great customer support.
- Tax benefits on various products.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.