Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend Plan
Nippon India Mutual Fund is an asset management company (AMC) that was formed as result of Japan’s Nippon Life Insurance Company buying Reliance’s stake. The fund house offers a host of products tailored for investors to meet their varied investment goals.
Investment objective of Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
The main objective of this scheme is to invest mainly in equity and its related instruments of small cap companies for capital appreciation in the long term. The secondary objective of the fund is to invest in debt and money market instruments that help generate returns on a more consistent basis.
Key features of Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
|Type of fund||Open-ended equity scheme|
|Plans available||Regular and direct|
|Options under each plan||Growth and dividend|
|Systematic Investment Plan||Available|
|Systematic Transfer Plan||Available|
|Systematic Withdrawal Plan||Available|
Investment Amount for Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
|Minimum application amount||Rs.5,000 and in multiples of Re.1|
|Minimum additional investment||Rs.1,000 and in multiples of Re.1|
|Minimum installment for Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)||
|Entry Load||Not Applicable|
|Exit Load||If the units are redeemed or switched out on or before the completion of 365 days from the date of allotment of units, the exit load to be paid is 1%. No exit load will have to be paid if you redeem or switch out after the end of 365 days.|
Asset Allocation for Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
|Instruments||Indicative asset allocation (% of total assets)||Risk Profile|
|Debt and money market securities (including investment in securitised debt)||0%||35%||Low to Medium|
|Equities and equity related securities of any other companies including derivatives||0%||35%||Medium to High|
|Units issued by REITs and InvITs||0%||10%||Medium to High|
|Equity and equity related securities of small cap companies including derivatives||65%||100%||Medium to High|
Who can invest in Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
The following entities can invest in Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend:
- Resident Indians, either singly or jointly (maximum of three members)
- Non-Resident Indians
- Parents or guardians investing on behalf of minors
- Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs)
- Industrial research and scientific organisations
- Partnership firms
- Army, Air Force, Navy and other such eligible institutions
- Qualified foreign investors
- Banks and financial institutions
- Religious trusts and private trusts that have been given the authority to invest in mutual funds
- Companies, trusts, and co-operative societies
- Foreign Institutional Investors that are registered with SEBI on a repatriation basis
- Body of persons that are unincorporated and that may be accepted by Nippon India Capital Trustee Co. Limited
- Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV), this is however subject to RBI approval
NAV Disclosure and Benchmark for Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
The NAV will be calculated on a daily basis and will be published in at least two daily newspapers. The net asset value of the scheme will also be declared by the mutual fund on every business day on www.amfiindia.com on the day the NAV is declared. This information will also be available on www.Nippon Indiamutual.com. The Fund will issue a press release if there are delays in the calculation and updation of NAV.
The Benchmark of Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend is Benchmark S&P BSE Small Cap Index.
Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend Fund Manager
Samir Rachh is the fund manager of the scheme. Dhrumil Shah is the Assistant Fund Manager of the scheme. Jahnvee Shah is the fund manager of all the overseas investments.
Investment Restrictions of Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
Some of the investment restrictions of the fund have been listed below:
- More than 10% of the NAV of the mutual fund may not be invested in debt instruments that consist of both money and non-money market instruments that have been issued by a single issuer. With an approval from the Board of directors and Board of Trustees beforehand, the investment may be extended up to 12% of the NAV of the scheme.
- More than 10% of the NAV may not be invested in unrated debt instruments that have been issued by a single issuer. The sum of such instruments will not be exceeding the NAV of the scheme. These investments can be made only with prior approval from the Board of asset management company and the Board of Trustees.
- More than 10% of the capital carrying voting rights will not be owned by the mutual fund.
- Investments may be made by the scheme in any other scheme of the same company or another mutual fund company altogether without charging any amount. This is provided these investments do not exceed more than 5% of the NAV of the fund.
- If the investments are meant to be long term in nature, securities can be purchased or transferred in the name of the scheme by the fund.
- No investments shall be made by the scheme in fund of funds schemes.
- More than 5% of the NAV of the scheme may not be invested in unlisted equity shares and its related instruments.
- The scheme will not advance any term loan for any purpose whatsoever.
Dividend Policy of Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
Dividends shall be paid subject to an availability of a distributable surplus. The dividends will be sent to the unitholders within the completion of 30 days from the date of declaration of the dividend. The AMC shall pay an interest of 15% per annum for the eligible dividend in case they failed to dispatch the dividend before 30 days.
Other facilities under Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
Some of the other facilities available under Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend have been listed below:
- Nippon India Salary AddVantage
The option is provided to the employer to get into an agreement with Nippon India Mutual Funds which will enable the employer to deduct a specific amount from the salary that is to be received by the employer and remit the amount to Nippon India Mutual Funds. The employer is given the flexibility to choose the month or the quarter where the deduction will be made.
- Dividend Transfer Plan
Under this plan, dividends received by the unitholder either in Dividend Payout Option or Dividend Reinvestment Option irrespective of the dividend frequency can be transferred to some other open ended scheme.
- Flexible Asset Selection Tool (FAST)
FAST is an investment selection tool designed to satisfy the needs of the various types of investors that invest in the fund. The objective of FAST is to provide financial solutions that are suitable for all investors.
Why should you invest in Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Dividend
Nippon India Mutual Funds is one of the fastest growing mutual funds in India and offers the investors a wide variety of investment options that cater to the different needs of the investors. They focus on launching innovative products and also improving the customer service they offer and already have a presence in more than 160 cities in the country.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.