Axis Mutual Fund, which launched its first scheme in the year 2009, has witnessed significant growth since its inception. The company has a presence in more than 90 locations and manages more than 20 lakh investor accounts. Axis Mutual Fund also offers a varied product suite, with over 50 schemes being offered to prospective investors.
The Axis NIFTY ETF is an open-ended scheme that tracks/replicates the Nifty 50 Index. The scheme invests a minimum of 95% and a maximum of 100% of the assets into equity-related and equity instruments that are covered by the Nifty 50 Index, while a maximum of 5% of the investment is directed towards money market and debt instruments that have a residual maturity lesser or equal to 91 days.
Investment Objective of Axis NIFTY ETF
Axis NIFTY ETF aims to provide investors returns before expenses which closely match the overall returns of the Nifty 50 Index, subject to tracking errors. Investors are, however, not given any guarantee that the scheme will achieve the specified investment objective.
Key Features of Axis NIFTY ETF
A few key features of the Axis NIFTY ETF are mentioned in the table below:
|Type of fund||Open-ended scheme tracking/replicating the Nifty 50 Index|
|Options under each plan||Nil|
|Risk||Moderately high risk|
|Systematic Investment Plan||Not available|
|Systematic Transfer Plan||Not available|
|Systematic Withdrawal Plan||Not available|
Investment Amount for Axis NIFTY ETF
|Minimum application amount||
|Entry Load||Not applicable|
*Note: Under the Axis NIFTY ETF, investors are not required to maintain a minimum balance.
Asset Allocation for Axis NIFTY ETF
|Instruments||Allocations (Percentage of total assets)||Risk Profile|
|Equity-related and equity instruments that are covered by the Nifty 50 Index||95%||100%||Medium to High|
|Money market and debt instruments that have a residual maturity not over 91 days||0%||5%||Low to Medium|
Who can Invest in Axis NIFTY ETF
The following entities can subscribe to units under this scheme:
- Resident adults on a single/survivor/joint basis (not exceeding a total of three members)
- The Karta on behalf of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
- Minors via parents/legal guardians
- Limited liability partnerships
- Partnership firms
- Sole proprietors
- Regional rural banks, co-operative banks, and financial institutions
- Companies, public sector undertakings, bodies corporate, bodies of individuals, association of persons, and registered societies
- Charitable and religious trusts, endowments of private trusts, Wakfs, and private trusts
- Persons of Indian origin, NRIs, and OCIs who reside outside India either on a non-repatriation or repatriation basis.
- Air force, army, navy, and other similar para-military bodies
- Foreign portfolio investors that are registered with the SEBI on a repatriation basis
- Industrial/scientific research organisations
- Gratuity/provident/pension funds
- Bodies corporates that are incorporated outside the country and multilateral funding agencies
- Any other scheme of Axis Mutual Fund or other mutual funds, provided they meet the limits specified by SEBI
- Schemes of Alternative Investment Funds
- Sponsors, trustees, the AMC, or their associates
- Any other entity/person specified by the trustee/AMC
NAV Disclosure and Benchmark for Axis NIFTY ETF
The net asset value or NAV of the units that are issued under this scheme will be computed by determining the total value of the assets of the fund and deducting this from the liabilities of the particular fund after taking the provisions and accruals into account.
The net asset value per unit will be calculated by dividing the net asset value of the fund by the overall number of units outstanding and issued as on the valuation day. The formula to calculate the NAV of the units that are issued under this scheme is given below:
NAV (in INR) = Fair/market value of the scheme’s investments + current assets plus the accrued income – current provisions and liabilities/Total number of units that are outstanding under the scheme as on the valuation day
The NAV will be computed and published on all business days in a minimum of two newspapers. The AMC will also publish the NAV on www.axismf.com (the official website of the asset management company) and on www.amfiindia.com before 9:00 p.m.
With regard to the liquidity of the fund, the units under this scheme are listed in the National Stock Exchange of India and/or other recognised stock exchanges. The units can, thus, be purchased or sold on any trading day at the prevailing listed price on the stock exchange. The benchmark index of the fund is the Nifty 50 Index.
Axis NIFTY ETF Fund Manager
The fund manager for the Axis NIFTY ETF is Mr. Ashish Naik. He has been managing investments under this fund from 3 July 2017. He has a total work experience of 11 years.
Investment Restrictions of Axis NIFTY ETF
- The scheme will not invest over 10% of its total NAV in equity-related instruments or equity shares of any organisation.
- The mutual fund cannot own over 10% of any firm’s paid-up capital that carries voting rights.
- The mutual fund will only enter into transactions related to government securities in the dematerialised form.
- The scheme will not invest over 10% of its net asset value (NAV) in unrated debt instruments that are issued by a single issuer. The total investment in these instruments cannot exceed over 25% of the net asset value of the scheme.
- The scheme can invest in other schemes of the same mutual fund or in schemes of other mutual funds without charging a fee.
- The scheme will not invest in a fund of funds schemes.
- The scheme will not invest over 5% of its net asset value in unlisted equity-related instruments or equity shares of any organisation.
- The scheme will not provide any loans.
- The scheme will only borrow to meet liquidity needs that are of a temporary nature
- The mutual fund can sell and/or purchase securities on the basis of deliveries.
*Note: The complete list of investment restrictions can be found in the Scheme Information Document.
Dividend Policy of Axis NIFTY ETF
The dividend, if any, will be declared if a distributable surplus is available. Those unitholders whose names are specified in the register of the scheme will be eligible to receive the dividend. The fund manager can declare the dividend after receiving approval from the trustees. However, returns are not guaranteed under this scheme. All dividend payments will comply with the regulations specified by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and the National Stock Exchange of India.
Why you should Invest in Axis NIFTY ETF
The Axis NIFTY ETF is ideal for investors who are looking for capital appreciation in the medium/long term. Individuals who are open to investing in financial products with a moderately high level of risk to earn market-linked returns can invest in this product.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.