Learning to ride a two wheeler is one of the first steps to procure a license. A Learner’s License can be procured as early as 16 years and is mandatory for individuals who wish to eventually earn their Driving License. Appearing for a license test may not be everyone’s cup of tea, as not passing it will result in not receiving a license. But individuals need not fret, for if they keep in mind certain tips and steps while appearing for the test, it will not be as worrisome. This article will talk about certain things to be kept in mind while appearing for the license test.
Prerequisites for the Test
A Learner’s License can be obtained by individuals only above the age of 16. However, if an applicant is below 18 years of age, he/she will have to obtain parental consent. Applicants will have to pass a written test in order to receive this license, and its validity is for a period of 6 months. Once they have obtained this license, applicants will have to wait for a month before applying for a Two wheeler Licence.
Individuals can now apply for a Learner’s License online as well and avoid the hassle of standing in long queues. They will have to visit the official website of their State’s Transport Department and download the application form. They will have to fill the form and upload it along with the required documents which include a proof of address, proof of identity, passport size photograph(s) and the fee. Once the application has been submitted, they can choose a slot and appear for the test, on the said day. Once they pass the test, they will receive their Learner’s License. Individuals with a Learner’s Licence can only drive under the supervision of another person who has a Driving License, and their vehicle must display the letter ‘L’ in red tape.
Track Test for Two Wheeler Driving Test
After a month of obtaining a Learner’s License, individuals can apply for a Driving Licence. The application process is similar to that of a Learner’s Licence but the actual test varies. This test also varies from state to state. Generally, for a two-wheeler license, applicants will have to drive around a track in the shape of an ‘8’. Applicants will be tested for their skills, knowledge of hand signals and indicators and also if they can complete the track without their legs touching the floor. If applicants pass the test, they will receive their Driving Licence for the same.
Preparation for Written Test
Individuals will have to undergo a written test only for the procurement of a Learner’s License. Applicants, in this test, will be marked based on their knowledge of traffic signs and signals along with traffic rules and regulations. In order to pass the test, applicants will have to obtain at least 60%.
In order to appear for this test, applicants will have to read up on signs, traffic signals, basic rules that are to be followed while driving and so on. Having a thorough knowledge of the above will enable applicants to pass the test.
Things to Consider for two wheeler licence
- Individuals will have to prepare themselves by reading up on all the rules and regulations pertaining to traffic and driving.
- Applicants will also have to arrive at the testing centre at least half an hour before the beginning of the test.
- Being nervous is perfectly normal, as long as you are in control. Practice a few breathing exercises beforehand to calm yourself down.
- It is also a good idea to talk to those who have already passed the driving license test for tips and other words of advice.
- Applicants must also practice riding every day so that they are more confident of their abilities and can also improve their driving skills.
- Individuals must obey all traffic rules and regulations and must also be familiar with traffic signs.
- Applicants must also be aware of their surroundings and wear helmets while operating their two-wheelers.
By following the tips mentioned above, applicants can appear for their Two-wheeler license test with confidence.