Driving in Jaipur requires you to follow the rules and regulations stated by the Road Transport Corporation, the government, and the traffic police. Breaking the rules or violating any traffic norms may result in you paying heavy fines.
If you own a vehicle in Jaipur, you must know the traffic rules which are strictly implemented and must abide by them. However, if you do violate a traffic rule, a challan will be issued on your name and a fine must be paid within the specified time period. If you do not pay the fine, additional penalties may be imposed on you.
Paying off a challan in Jaipur can be done online, as well as online methods.
How to pay your traffic challan offline in Jaipur
To pay your traffic challan in Jaipur, here are some of the offline methods you can opt for:
- Firstly, you can always approach a traffic policeman who is carrying an e-challan machine. Then you can provide the information to the policeman and make the payment in cash. Once the payment is done, a receipt will be given to you.
- If you do not find a traffic policeman with a challan machine, you can visit the headquarters of the Jaipur Traffic Police and make the payment at their payment department.
- If you are not able to visit the department, you can send the payment through cheque, demand draft or a pay order and courier it to the address of the Jaipur Traffic Police headquarters.
- You can also pay your challan fee through money order and send it through the post to the Jaipur Police Department headquarters.
How to Pay Your Traffic Challan Online in Jaipur
Through the Jaipur Traffic Police Challan Payment System
- Visit the website of the Jaipur Traffic Police at http://jaipurtrafficpolice.rajasthan.gov.in/Default.aspx.
- Click on the option of ‘related links’.
- Select the option of ‘e-challan’ and then click on the link which is provided.
- Once done, the page will redirect you to the website of the Rajasthan Police.
- Click on the option of ‘Challan Search’ and select ‘accept’.
- Enter your challan number, vehicle number or driving licence number.
- Click on ‘search’ and select the see the details of the challan to pay the amount.
- Choose your bank and click on ‘pay’.
- Once done, a receipt of payment will be given to you.
You can also pay your challan amount through Paytm by following the steps given below:
- On the home page of the Paytm mobile application, click ‘more’.
- Under the option of ‘city service’ or ‘other services’, select the option of ‘challan’.
- Select the traffic authority in your city or state.
- Once done, enter the details of the challan such as the number, registration certificate number, etc.
- Click on ‘Proceed’.
- Once done, you can choose your payment option and pay the challan amount.
These are some of the ways you can pay off your challan amount in Jaipur. It is advised that once you have been fined and issued a challan, that you do not delay the payment in order to avoid further penalties.