With many people living in Gurgaon, you must follow the traffic rules in place in the city if you own a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler vehicle. The rules and regulations which are in place by the government and the Road Transport Corporation are strictly followed and in case of violating any traffic laws, a traffic challan will be issued under your name for your vehicle.
If you have received a challan for not following a traffic rule, you must pay the fine within the time-period specified. Paying the challan fine can be done online and offline. Here are the steps you must know to pay the traffic challan in Gurgaon.
How to Pay Your Traffic e - Challan Offline in Gurgaon
To pay your traffic challan through offline methods in Gurgaon, here are the steps you can follow:
- You can approach a traffic policeman who has an e-challan machine. Let him know that you wish to pay the challan fine and provide him with the information and make the payment in cash. Once the payment is done, a receipt will be given to you.
- You can also visit the headquarters of the Gurgaon Traffic Police and pay your challan at the payment department.
- In case you are not able to visit the headquarters, you can also send the payment through a demand draft, cheque or pay order. Either of these will need to be sent through courier to the address of the Gurgaon Traffic Police headquarters.
- You can pay your challan fee through money order as well and send it via post to the Gurgaon Police Department headquarters.
How to pay your traffic challan online in Gurgaon
Through the Parivahan Portal
You can make the payment for your challan through the Parivahan portal.
- Visit the parivahan portal at https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in
- Click on the option of ‘check e-challan status’.
- Once done, on the page, enter your challan number, vehicle number or the driving licence number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on ‘get details’.
- The website will show your challan details on the screen.
- Choose to make the payment with the preferred payment mode.
- Enter the details and your payment will be complete.
- Click the option of ‘more’ on the Paytm home page.
- Select the option of ‘challan’ under the category of ‘city service’ or ‘other services’.
- Then select the traffic authority in the city or state.
- Enter the challan details such as the registration certificate number, challan number, etc.
- Click on ‘Proceed’.
- Choose your payment option and pay the challan amount.
These are some of the ways by which you can pay off your challan either by offline or by online methods. It is advised to pay your challan amount without delay as it may result in additional fines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have the fines increased for different traffic violations?
Yes, the fine for different traffic violations has increased all over the country.
Within how many days do I have to pay off the challan fine?
A maximum time-period of 60 days is given to pay the challan fine.
What is the fine for driving without a licence in Gurgaon?
The fine for driving without a valid driver’s licence in Gurgaon is Rs.5,000.