Meta description: Know the steps you will have to follow to pay traffic challan both online and offline if you own a vehicle and reside in Ahmedabad.
If you own a vehicle in Ahmedabad, then you must know the traffic rules and ensure you follow them. Ahmedabad traffic police has implemented strict traffic rules and the failure to follow them would lead to penalties being levied.
In case you violate a traffic rule, the traffic police issue a challan in your name. You need to pay the fine within a scheduled period, failure of which may result in stricter penalties being imposed on you.
Hence, if you own a vehicle and reside in Ahmedabad, you must know the steps you need to follow to pay your traffic challan, both online and offline.
How to Pay Your Traffic Challan offline in Ahmedabad
Given below are some of the methods which you can follow to pay your traffic challan offline in Ahmedabad:
- First of all, approach an Ahmedabad Traffic Police personnel. Ask the traffic police personnel if they have an e-challan machine. If they do, then ask for the details of your challan, and pay fine by cash and ask for a receipt for the same.
- Visit the headquarter of Ahmedabad Traffic Police and complete the payment of your challan.
- You can also pay your challan by sending a cheque, pay order, or a demand draft to the Ahmedabad Traffic Police. The address of their headquarter can be found on the official website of Ahmedabad Traffic Police.
- You can complete the payment of your challan by sending a money order through the post office to the headquarter of Ahmedabad Traffic Police.
How to Pay Your Traffic Challan Online in Ahmedabad
There are various online channels which you can use to pay your traffic challan in Ahmedabad.
Through Parivahan portal
- Visit the Parivahan portal by clicking on this link https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/.
- On the menu section, click on ‘Check Challan Status’.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Provide the details of your challan number, driving license number, or vehicle number. If you opt for vehicle number, then along with it provide either your chassis number or engine number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on ‘Get Details’.
- All the details of your challan/s will be showed under the ‘Notice Board’.
- Choose a payment mode to complete the payment of challan. Once the payment is successful, save the receipt for future reference.
Through Ahmedabad Traffic Police, Challan Payment System
- Click on the link https://payahmedabadechallan.org/.
- Enter your vehicle number in the box given.
- Click on ‘Go’.
- Check the details of your challan and then click on ‘Make Payment’.
- Choose a mode of payment of your choice and follow the instructions to complete the payment. Once the payment is successful, save the receipt for future reference.
Through Ahmedabad Traffic E-challan mobile app
- Download the Ahmedabad Traffic E-challan app on your smartphone.
- Sign up by providing the necessary details.
- Once you login to the portal, provide your vehicle number and click on ‘Get Challan Details’.
- The details of your challan will be shown on your mobile screen. Go through the details and then make the payment using a payment mode of your choice. Once the payment is successful, you will receive a receipt which you must save for future reference.
Payment of Ahmedabad Traffic E-challan through Paytm
- Open the Paytm app on your smartphone.
- On the home page, click on ‘Show More’ and then click on ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’.
- From the options available, select ‘Challan’.
- Select the traffic authority of the city in which you reside.
- Provide your challan number, driving license number, or your registration certificate number.
- Click on ‘Proceed’.
- The details of your challan will be reflected on your screen.
- Enter the fine amount you have to pay and choose a mode of payment – debit card, credit card, net banking, or Paytm UPI.
- Once the payment is done, save the receipt for future reference.
- Within how many days should I pay my challan?
You should pay your challan within 60 days of it being levied.
- I was caught riding my bike without a driving licence. What will be the fine amount imposed?
If you are a first-time offender then you may have to pay a fine of Rs.300.
- What will happen if I do not pay my challan?
If you do not pay your challan on time, then an official from the traffic department would visit your address to collect the fine amount.