The PSV or Public Service Vehicle badge has been made mandatory by a number of states across the country for all the drivers of public transport vehicles.
One can simply follow the steps mentioned below to apply for a Public Service Vehicle (PSV) badge:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of the Government of India at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Step 2: From the drop-down box, select the state from where you are applying.
- Step 3: From the top menu, click on the ‘Services on DL (Renewal/ Duplicate/ AEDL/ IDP/ Others)’ option under the ‘Driving Licence’ menu.
- Step 4: You will be required to fill up the concerned application form and submit the same.
- Step 5: Take an appointment with the RTO.
- Step 6: Visit the RTO as per the scheduled date of meeting and submit your original documents for the verification process.
At present, the online service is available only in a few states. If the state selected by you or the concerned RTO does not have the facility for the online process, you can directly visit the RTO for your PSV application.