Now, you don’t have to waste time at toll booths paying toll fees using cash when traveling on national highways. With KVB FASTag, you can make instant cashless transactions at the FASTag lanes when driving through toll plazas, without having to stop at every toll booth and wasting your time and vehicle fuel. KVB FASTag enables Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) at toll plazas across national highways, thus, making your travel a smooth one.
What is FASTag?
It is the brand name of the tag that is enabled with Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology to facilitate ETC across toll plazas on national highways. The reloadable tag is affixed to the windscreen of a vehicle. When you use the tag to make cashless transactions, you can drive through the toll plaza without having to stop to pay the toll fee using cash. The toll charge will automatically be debited from the prepaid account that is linked to the tag.
Features and Benefits of KVB FASTag
- To get a FASTag, visit any of the Point of Sale (POS) location of the bank and create a FASTag account. You can call the customer care number to get a list of the POS locations of the bank.
- Using KVB FASTag can help you save precious time and fuel that you might otherwise waste at the toll booth when making a cash transaction.
- You need not carry cash to pay toll fees anymore. KVB FASTag enables Electronic Toll Collection by employing the RFID technology.
- You can also get 2.5% cashback on all transactions made using KVB FASTag at toll plazas on national highways in FY2019-20. The cashback amount will be credited to your account in the subsequent month. The cashback limit will vary from time to time at the discretion of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL).
- You will receive instant SMS and email alerts to your registered mobile number regarding any transaction made using KVB FASTag.
- You can recharge your KVB FASTag account offline at all KVB branches or do it online through UPI or KVB net banking.
- The minimum recharge amount for KVB FASTag is Rs.100.
- The maximum recharge amount for KVB FASTag is Rs.1 lakh for those who have submitted KYC details and Rs.20,000 for those who have not provided KYC details.
- FASTag users can log on to the customer web portal to check their account balance and view transaction history.
- KVB FASTag can be used at more than 400 toll plazas across national highways. In the future, more toll plazas will be added to the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program. To get a list of the active toll plazas, visit - https://www.fastag.kvb.co.in/TollPlazaList.
- You can avail of the monthly pass which is applicable to a specific toll plaza. It is an ideal solution if you pass by that toll plaza on a regular basis.
How does KVB FASTag work?
- Add money to your KVB FASTag account.
- Drive through the FASTag lane at the toll plaza.
- The tag will be scanned by the tag reader using the RFID technology at the toll booth.
- The toll charge will automatically be deducted from the linked prepaid account. You need not stop and pay cash.
Documents required for KVB FASTag
As the FASTag is linked to an account, you are required to submit KYC documents as per the terms and conditions of the bank.
- For registered vehicles
- Duly filled application form for KVB FASTag
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport, or Driving License of the vehicle owner
- Duly filled application form for KVB FASTag
- Invoice of vehicle tax with Chassis and engine number
- PAN card, passport, Driving License, or Aadhaar card of the vehicle owner
Fees and charges of KVB FASTag
- Tag cost - Rs.100 including tax
- Convenience fee - Payment gateways levy a convenience fee for online Fastag recharge transactions:
- Debit card - 0.90% on the transaction value plus tax
- Credit card - 1.10% of the transaction value plus tax
- Net banking – 0.90% to 1.65% of the transaction value plus tax
- Security deposit – You have to make a security deposit depending on the vehicle category. The deposit will be refunded if you choose to close the tag account.
|Vehicle Class||Deposit Amount|
|4 - Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||Rs.200|
|5 - Light Commercial Vehicle||Rs.300|
|6 - 3 Axle Commercial Vehicles||Rs.400|
|7 - Bus / Truck||Rs.400|
|12 - 4 to 6 axle||Rs.500|
|15 - 7 or more axle||Rs.500|
|16 - Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||Rs.500|
*Tax will be levied on all prescribed fees and charges.
You may like to read: Car Insurance
Customer Care details of KVB FASTag
- For FASTag services and sales related queries, call the NHAI/IHMCL helpline number – 1800-102-1916
- If FASTag is not accepted at toll plaza, dial 1033
- If there is an error in reading FASTag at toll plaza, dial 1033
- If monthly pass is not accepted at toll plaza, dial 1033
- For other toll plaza level complaints, dial 1033
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about KVB FASTag1.Is FASTag mandatory?
Getting a FASTag is voluntary. However, as India moves towards digital payments entirely, it is advisable to get one.2.Can I use the same tag for two vehicles?
No, you will have to get a separate tag for each vehicle, otherwise you will face operational issues.3. What to do if my FASTag is lost or misplaced?
You should report the incident to the customer care of the issuing bank immediately so that the tag can be blocked. Once you get a replacement tag and create a new FASTag account, the balance from the old tag account will be transferred to the new one.4.How to report incorrect deduction using my FASTag?
You can report the incorrect deduction by calling the customer care of the issuing bank. The bank will review your request and revert the deduction if needed.5.What do with my FASTag if I relocate to a different city or state, or sell my vehicle?
FASTag will work on active toll plazas across Indian national highways. You have to inform the issuing bank if you sell your vehicle or change locations.