The method for applying for a driving license in the state of Chhattisgarh is quite easy. The application can be made through both online and offline methods. The application fees can also be paid online.
To apply for a permanent driving licence in Chhattisgarh, you will be required to fill up the necessary forms and submit the prescribed documents in the local RTO. You can collect the application form from the RTO itself. Alternatively, it can be done online as well through the official RTO website or through the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Methods of Apply for a Driving License in Chhattisgarh
You can apply for a driving license in Chhattisgarh by following one of the two methods which are mentioned below:
Offline Application Process
The procedure to apply for a driving license in Chhattisgarh through the offline method is mentioned below:
- Visit the local RTO.
- Collect the application form from the said RTO. Alternatively, you can download the application form from the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Fill up the application form and submit the same along with the prescribed documents.
- Pay the application fee and select a date for the trial examination.
- Take the test on the assigned date. Once you pass the test, the driving licence will be issued for you.
Online Application Process
The procedure to apply for a driving license in Chhattisgarh through the online method is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website at https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/. You can also apply for your driving licence through the official website of Chhattisgarh Transport Authority at www.cgtransport.org.
- Once you have logged in to the website, choose the Transport Department.
- Download the application form.
- Submit the duly filled up application form at the local RTO.
- Submit a copy of each of all the necessary documents.
- Make the payment of the application fee.
- Select a date for the driving test from the list of available dates.
- Once you pass your driving test, it generally takes around 2 weeks to 3 weeks for the RTO to issue your permanent driving licence.
Age Criteria to apply for a driving licence in Chhattisgarh
|Type of Vehicle||Minimum Age|
|Light Motor Vehicle||18 years|
|Commercial Vehicle||20 years|
|Non-geared Motorcycle with an Engine Capacity of up to 50cc||16 years|
You should also know the traffic rules and regulations when you apply for a driving license.
Documents Required for the application process of driving licence in Chhattisgarh
At the time of applying for a permanent driving licence in the state of Chhattisgarh, you will be required to submit a self-attested copy of the following documents:
1) Proof of age (any one of the following)
- Employment certificate from a state/ central government (if applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- Educational certificate
2) Proof of address (any one of the following)
- Voter’s ID
- Ration card
- Certificate of employment issued by a state/ central government or a local body (if applicable)
- LIC policy bond
3) Other documents:
- Driving licence application form – Form 4
- Commercial driving license application form – Form 5 (if applicable)
- Original learner’s license
- 3 passport size photographs of the applicant