• Form 26 for Duplicate Registration Certificate

    If you own a vehicle then it is important that you get it registered. On getting your vehicle registered you will be given a registration certificate which is a very important document. Whenever you are driving, along with your driving licence, your registration certificate is one of the documents that you must carry with yourself at all times.

    However, due to some unfortunate event, you may lose your registration certificate or it may get torn or mutilated over a period of time. In that case, you can apply for the re-issuance of duplicate registration certificate by filling the Form 26 which you can get either online or offline.

    Given below we have listed down all the steps you will have to follow while filling in your Form 26:

    • You can either visit your nearest Regional Transport Office (RTO) and get the Form 26. You can also click on the link https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/forms/form26.pdf from where you can download and print out the Form 26.
    • The first detail you will have to fill in will be the address of the RTO from where you are looking to get your duplicate registration certificate re-issued. For example, if your RTO is in Goa, then after ‘To The Registering Authority’ write ‘RTO Goa’ in the space given.
    • In the next step enter your vehicle number.
    • Mention the reasons or circumstances due to which your original registration certificate got mutilated, destroyed, or stolen.
    • Enter the dates wherever applicable.
    • Provide your signature, name, and full address in the applicable spaces given.
    • The no-objection certificate under Section 51(6) is to be filled in by your financier and the RTO officials.
    • Submit the form along with the necessary documents and it will be verified. If all the details are correct, the duplicate registration certificate will be sent to your communication address.

    FAQs on Form 26

    1. What documents will I have to submit along with my Form 26?

      Some of the documents you will have to submit will be a copy of your FIR clearly stating the circumstances under which your original registration certificate got destroyed or stolen, certificate of insurance, pollution control certificate, proof of address and identity, PAN Card, challan clearance certificate, print of engine chassis, and an affidavit clearly stating the loss of the original registration certificate.

    2. My financer does not want to fill in the no-objection certificate. What should I do?

      The financer will have to clearly mention the reason behind their disapproval behind filling in the no-objection certificate and provide the date and signature for the same.

    3. Is there any other website from where I can download the Form 26 apart from the Parivahan website?

      You can click on the link http://jhtransport.gov.in/pdf/form-26.pdf and download Form 26.

    Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.

    This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.