FASTag is an electronic toll collection system which has been put in place in the country by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI). The system employs Radio Frequency Identification technology to make toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it.
Canara Bank is issuing FASTag for easy payments at toll plaza. You can apply for the FASTag online through the official website of the bank or by visiting a branch of the bank. Here, we look the benefits of Canara FASTag, the application process, charges, required documents among others. Read on to know more.
Features and Benefits of Canara Bank FASTag
Listed below are the features and benefits of Canara Bank FASTag:
- The tag is valid for 3 years.
- It will help in saving time and ensure that you need not wait a long time at toll plazas for making payments.
- Helps in saving fuel and money.
- Can check available balance in the account with ease.
- Easily access the history of past transactions.
- You can create personnel Tag account by registering online
- Can recharge the FASTag account through online modes like credit card, debit card, internet banking etc.
Charges of Canara Bank FASTag
|Minimum recharge amount||Rs.100|
Documents required to avail Canara FASTag
The required documents are:
- Copy of Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Customer photo
Note: Carry all the original documents for verification.
Canara Bank FASTag system customer care number
The customer care number of Canara FASTag is 1800 103 3568. You also have the option of sending a mail at email@example.com. In case, you have FASTag complaints at toll plaza level, you can dial 1033 from any mobile or landline number.
How to Apply Online for Canara Bank FasTag?
To get Canara FASTag online, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit https://fastag.canarabank.in/CANCUST/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fCANCUST
- Step 2: Create your login credentials by clicking on either Individual/Corporate
- Step 3: Enter the customer ID and date of birth and click on ‘Submit’
- Step 4: An OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number after verification
- Step 5: Enter the OTP and click on ‘Proceed’
- Step 6: Follow the instructions mentioned there to get Canara FASTag.
How to Recharge Canara Bank FasTag Online
You can recharge Canara FASTag account online through debit card/credit card or through Net Banking. All you need to do is listed below:
- Login to the Canara Bank Fastag portal by entering Username and password
- Click on ‘Recharge’ tab
- Enter the recharge amount
- Select the payment mode
- Make the payment
- On successful transaction, the money will be credited instantly in the FASTag account
Canara Bank FASTag FAQs
What happens if the RFID Tag balance goes below the minimum required balance?
You will need to recharge the Tag using the customer portal or by visiting a branch of Canara Bank.
Can Canara FASTag be used outside India?
No, Canara FASTag can be used only in the country.
Can someone scan Canara FASTag from outside and do away with my money?
No, this is not possible.
Can I earn rewards points for recharging the tag through debit cards?
Yes, you can earn reward points as per your existing eligibility.
Can I apply for Canara FASTag by visiting a bank branch?
Yes, you can apply for Canara FASTag by visiting a branch of Canara bank. You need to carry valid KYC documents and the vehicle registration certificate (RC).