FASTags can now be purchased from e-commerce platform Amazon to make it easy for vehicle owners to make their toll payments without having to stop at the toll plazas. FASTag have been launched by the Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) and are promoted by the National Authority of India (NHAI). FASTag is a reloadable tag that allows automatic deduction of toll charges at toll plazas.
Vehicle owners can purchase Amazon FASTag and the NHAI Fastag operates on a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) concept. This means that once you purchase the FASTag from Amazon, you can self-activate it by entering your vehicle and your details in the MyFASTag mobile app. You can link the FASTag to any of your existing bank accounts. Presently, the account linking facility is available only for 7 member banks – Axis Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Paytm Payments Bank, IndusInd Bank, and Equitas Small Finance Bank.
How to Purchase Amazon FASTag?
To purchase a FASTag from Amazon, you can follow the below-given tips:
- Visit the webpage or mobile application of Amazon.
- Type ‘FASTag’ in the search bar.
- A list of FASTags offered by various banks will be shown to you.
- Select a FASTag of your choice and click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- Make the payment to place an order. Once the order is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation message on your email and phone.
- You will also receive an activation link to provide your Vehicle and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) details.
Once your FAStag is activated, you will receive SMS alerts on your registered mobile number for all transactions made on your FASTag account. You will also be notified when you have a low balance on your FASTag account.
Features of FASTag:
- FASTag works on the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology.
- FASTag should be affixed to the windscreen of your vehicle for the FASTag reader at the toll plazas to read it and deduct the toll charges accordingly.
- You can recharge your FASTag online by using Netbanking, debit card/credit card, or NEFT/RTGS.
- You need not stop at the toll gate to make cash payments. The amount will automatically be deducted from your FASTag account.
- FASTag is valid for 5 years.
- If your vehicle does not have a FASTag and it enters the FASTag lane, you will be charged double the toll amount as penalty.
FAQs on Amazon FASTag
- How can I check the balance of my FASTag account after I recharge it?
Please note that FASTag recharges are done immediately. You can easily check the balance of your FASTag account visting the website or through the app. The FASTag issuing bank will send you an SMS as confirmation or an email once you recharge your account.
- How do I recharge the FASTag account through Amazon?
You should go to the Amazon Pay dashboard via the app. This can be done on an Android. Click on ‘FASTag Recharge’ icon. Type in your vehicle number. Choose the bank where the FASTag account had been created. You can find this under ‘FASTag Issuing Bank’. Key in the amount you want to recharge. Make payment using the Amazon Pay UPI account.
- What are the payment methods I can use for recharging my FASTag account?
You can use Amazon Pay UPI payment for recharging your FASTag account. If you do not have one, you can always set up an Amazon Pay UPI account.
- Is there a limit for my FASTag recharges?
Yes, you can recharge the FASTag account with a minimum of Rs.100. The maximum amount is Rs.10,000. If there are many recharges via the very same Amazon account, Amazon will cancel any recharge order.
Am I allowed to cancel my FASTag recharge?
Once you have recharged your FASTag account, you cannot cancel it on Amazon.