PPF Account Transfer

You have to submit a request in the home branch which will then be forwarded to the branch with specimen signatures, nomination form, etc. You also need to submit new KYC documents along with Demand draft or cheque of the remaining PPF balance.

Only post offices and authorized banks are capable of legally opening PPF accounts for individuals.

Only one PPF account can be held per adult individual, except in the case where a parent or guardian is creating and maintaining an account on behalf of a minor.

The PPF Account itself, however, can be transferred from a bank to the post office, and vice versa. The account can also be transferred between branches of the same bank.

You can transfer your PPF account from a bank to post office of vice versa by following the simple steps listed below:

Step 1: Visit the home branch of your post office or bank where you have your PPF account and collect the transfer application form.

Step 2: Mention the full address of the branch office where you intend to transfer the account and submit the duly filled transfer application form.

Step 3: The existing branch where you have your account will start the transfer process on receipt of the transfer application form.

Step 4: After that, your branch office will send a list of documents to your new branch office. The following documents will be sent:

  • Nomination form
  • You PPF passbook
  • Certified copy of the account
  • Specimen of your registered signature
  • Original account opening application form
  • A demand draft or cheque for the outstanding balance

Step 5: The new branch where you are transferring your PPF account will notify you about the receipt of your documents from the old branch.

Step 6: After this you will be required to submit a fresh PPF account opening form at the new branch office along with other documents (as per the requirement).

Step 7: Complete your KYC process at the new branch office.

Usually, the whole transfer process takes about one month.

Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.

This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.