With the world becoming a more connected place day by day, travelling abroad has become an integral part of our lives. The tourism industry is booming like never before and there are flights to literally any part of the globe. People are frequently traveling overseas for studies, employment opportunities, businesses and leisure. Even though there has been a colossal technological advancement in transportation systems, the risks associated with travelling cannot be neglected. A small mishap like your baggage getting lost can disrupt your travel schedule and cost you money. To guard you against all the uncertainties that travelling brings with it, you must have a comprehensive travel insurance plan. A best travel insurance plan will cover you against events like accidents, flights delays and medical emergencies.
Reliance General Travel insurance policy will offer complete cover against an array of risks which will let you enjoy your trip in peace and also help you face sudden emergencies with confidence.
Types of Reliance General Travel Insurance:
Reliance general offers two major types of travel insurance namely overseas travel insurance and student travel insurance. The major benefits of each plan are listed below.Overseas Travel Insurance
- Policyholders get cashless hospitalization facility over the globe.
- Expenses incurred for lost passports and loss of checked-in baggages will be covered.
- Under the overseas travel insurance plan, customers can choose over a host of schemes ranging from insurance solutions for individuals to one single policy for a whole family.
- Costs incurred in case of missed flights, cancelled or delayed trips will be covered by this policy.
- Other advantages include minimal paperwork, no medical screening for people under 70 years and a range of plans covering all major travel locations.
- Student travel insurance offered by Reliance General requires zero paperwork and comes with a economical premium.
- The travel insurance plans are customizable based on the student’s requirements.
- This travel insurance policy for students offer facilities like sponsor protection, compassionate visit benefits, cover for study interruptions and bail bonds.
- There is no requirement for a medical test before the issuance of insurance policy.
- Other benefits that comes with Reliance General student travel insurance include hassle-free settlement, fast disbursal process and varied duration of insurance mapping for a period of up to 2 years.
Claims Process for Reliance General Travel Insurance:
The general process of filing a travel insurance claim with Reliance General is described below.
- Within 24 hours of claim occurrence, the policyholder must intimate Reliance General Insurance through e-mail or by contacting the toll-free number.
- If the policyholder wishes to avail the worldwide cashless facility, please contact Reliance General.
- To initiate the claims processing, fill the claims form and submit it along with all the necessary documents.
- Keep documents like policy copy, original bills/invoices/receipts, copy of passport with immigration stamp, proof of expenses, approval and reference number of assistance company, copy of police complaint (if applicable) handy before filing a claim.
Reliance General Travel Insurance FAQs:
- My claim is regarding delay of baggage. What documents will I be asked to submit while filing a claim?
- What are the contingencies that is excluded by my policy? Some of the things that are excluded by your policy is given below. Some of the things that are excluded by your policy is given belo
You will be required to submit a completely filled claims form with copies of baggage tags, property irregularity report obtained from the airlines, copies of communication with airline authorities certifying the baggage delay and original copy of bills/invoices/receipts of the purchases made during delay period.
Expenses incurred due to medical conditions like mental disorders, HIV/AIDS, venereal diseases, anxiety, depression, stress and suicide or self-inflicted injuries
Costs incurred if you are travelling against the advice of a doctor or if you have been given terminal prognosis.
If you are travelling overseas to receive treatment for a medical condition or is on the waiting list for a medical treatment, the costs incurred will not be covered.
War or nuclear threat in the destination where you are heading to.
Emergencies faced due to loss or theft of passport and baggage when left unattended or is not reported to the police authorities.
Students who are traveling abroad to pursue educational courses and is aged between 16 to 35 years can avail a student insurance policy.
The policyholder can choose from any of the 5 payment options mentioned below.
Direct payment at Reliance branch office
Free cheque pickup
IVR online payment
You can avail a travel insurance policy extending for utmost 730 days.