FASTag is the new technology which allows the government the toll charges to be deducted automatically from your bank account thus allowing you to save time and go through the hassle of paying the toll at plazas through cash.
Today various banks offer this facility including Yes Bank. Yes Bank is one of the most reputed banks in India and offers the FASTag services to its customers. If you are a customer of Yes Bank, you can use the FASTag facility to pay the toll charges at plazas and other relevant places.
Key attractions of using FASTag:
Easy to use:
The FAStag facility is very easy to use. On availing this facility, the toll amount gets deducted automatically from your bank account thus saving you from the hassle of paying cash.
Saves time and fuel:
The process of using FASTag facility allows you to save time and fuel. On approaching the plaza, the FAStag is read by a tag reader and the said amount is deducted from your bank account. This means you do not have to worry about searching for cash thus saving you both time and fuel.
No need to carry cash:
You don’t have to stand in long queues to pay the toll charges. All it takes few seconds for the tag reader to read the FASTag and deduct the said amount from your bank account.
Features and benefits of using Yes Bank FASTag facility
Some of the features and benefits of using Yes Bank FASTag facility are:
- No need to stand in long queues and carry cash with you.
- Receive a SMS alert for every transaction made by you.
- Corporates are allowed to load the FASTags account through NEFT/RGRS or Net Banking.
- You also stand to avail cashback of up to 2.5% on all National Toll Payment using the FASTag facility.
- You can also check your account statement by logging in to the FASTag customer portal.
Frequently Added Questions
- What is the minimum and maximum value for FASTag recharge?
The minimum and maximum recharge value for FASTag is Rs.100 and Rs.1 lakh, respectively. However, the maximum recharge value will be subject to a Full-KYC account.
- Can the same FASTag be used for multiple vehicles?
No, you have to use separate FASTags for separate vehicles. The same FASTag cannot be used for multiple vehicles.
- What should I do if my Yes Bank RFID Tag is damaged or lost?
In the case you lose your Yes Bank FASTag RFID tag or it is lost, you can get in touch with the bank directly through their customer care service and block the previous FASTag. If you have had remaining balance on the card, the same will be refunded to your new card once it is issued.
- How does the RFID tag for FASTags work?
Once you cross a toll plaza which is FASTag enabled, you will be able to check the user fee for which an SMS will be sent to your registered mobile phone number. Each time you cross a FASTag enabled toll booth, you will receive this SMS.
- Are there separate lanes for FASTag users?
Yes, FASTag lanes are separate in all toll plazas which are enabled with FASTag. In these toll plazas, the lanes are separated to allow quicker passage through the toll gates.