If you are a resident of Hyderabad who has violated any traffic rule, then the traffic police of Hyderabad will penalise you. You will then have to pay the fine, the payment for which can be done either online or offline.
It is generally recommended that you pay your challan online since the process is simple and hassle-free and can be completed within minutes. However, based on your convenience, you can decide how you want to pay your challan.
We will have a look at the steps you will have to follow to pay your challan either through online or offline channels.
How to Pay your Traffic Challan Online
Given below are the steps you will have to follow to pay your traffic challan online:
- Click on the link echallan.tspolice.gov.in.
- You can enter either your vehicle number or license number followed by answering a simple mathematical question. Click on ‘GO’.
- In the next step, you will be shown the list of fines for which you will have to pay the challan. Check the details of your challan and complete the payment using any one of the payment methods such as your credit/debit card, mobile wallet, etc.
How to Pay your Traffic Challan Offline
Given below are the steps you will have to follow to pay your traffic challan offline:
- You can pay your challan by locating a traffic police officer with an e-challan machine. Mention your challan number following which you can make your challan payment either by cash, credit/debit card, UPI, or through mobile wallets such as Paytm, Mobikwik, etc. Once the payment is successful, you will receive a receipt for the same.
- You can also visit the headquarters of the Hyderabad Traffic Police department where you can pay your challan by mentioning your driving licence, name, and address.
- You can also pay your challan through cheque, demand draft, or a payorder in the name of the Hyderabad Traffic Police.
- The payment of your challan can also be done by sending a money order in the name of the Hyderabad Traffic Police.
FAQs on e Challan Status Check in Hyderabad
- I was penalised for not wearing my face mask. Can I pay the challan online?
Yes, you can pay your challan online by clicking on the link https://echallan.tspolice.gov.in/publicview/. Click on ‘Covid-19 Face Mask’ and enter your mobile number followed by answering a simple question and then click on ‘GO’. You can then choose the payment option and complete the payment.
- What should I do if I am issued a wrong challan?
In case you are issued a wrong challan, then you can call on the number 040 - 2785 2721 and get in touch with an official who will assist you further.
- Can I get in touch with a Hyderabad traffic police official through WhatsApp?
You can get in touch with a Hyderabad traffic police official through WhatsApp by texting on the number +91 73822 96627.