If you own a vehicle in Coimbatore then it is important you follow the traffic rules so that you and other people on the road are safe. If you are found violating any traffic rule, then you are issued a challan by a traffic police personnel.
Once you are issued a challan, it is important you pay the fine amount within a stipulated time, failure to which will lead to stricter penalties being imposed.
We will list down the online and offline methods through which you can pay your challan.
How to Pay Your Traffic Challan Offline in Coimbatore
Given below are the steps you will have to follow to pay your challan offline in Coimbatore:
- The first step involves approaching a Coimbatore traffic police personnel. Enquire if they have an e-challan machine. If they do, then request to provide you the details and pay the fine amount through cash. Do not forget to ask a receipt after making the challan payment.
- You can also visit the headquarter of Coimbatore City Police and pay the fine amount.
- Pay your challan by issuing a draft, cheque, or a pay order and send it to the address of Coimbatore City Police headquarter.
- The payment of challan can be done by sending a money order through the post office to the Coimbatore City Police headquarter.
How to pay your traffic challan online in Coimbatore
Through the official website of Tamil Nadu Police
- Click on the link https://eservices.tnpolice.gov.in/CCTNSNICSDC/Index?0.
- Under ‘Citizens Services (Paid)’ click on ‘E-payment for Traffic Challan’.
- You will be directed to the ‘Parivahan’ webpage, where enter the details of your challan number, driving license number, or vehicle number. If you choose vehicle number, then along with it provide either your engine number or chassis number.
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Get Details’.
- All the details of your challan/s will be showed under the ‘Notice Board’.
- Choose a payment mode to complete the payment of fine amount. Once the payment is successful, save the receipt for future reference.
Through Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority
- Click on the link https://tnsta.gov.in/tnsta/homepage.
- Under ‘E-payment’, click on ‘e-Challan Online Payment’.
- You will be directed to the ‘Parivahan’ webpage.
- Provide the details of your challan number, driving license number, or vehicle number. If you opt for vehicle number, then along with it provide either your engine number or chassis number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on ‘Get Details’.
- All the details of your challan/s will reflect under the ‘Notice Board’.
- Choose a mode of mode to pay your challan. Once the payment is successful, save the receipt for future reference.
- Open the Paytm app on your smartphone.
- On the home page, click on ‘Show More’ under which click on ‘‘Recharge & Pay Bills’.
- Select ‘Challan’ from the list of options available.
- Select the traffic authority of your city.
- Enter the details of your driving license number, registration certificate number, or your challan number and then click on ‘Proceed’.
- The details of your challan will reflect on your screen. Enter the fine amount and complete the payment through any one of the payment modes i.e., credit card, debit card, net banking, or Paytm UPI.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will happen if I fail to pay my challan?
If you do not pay your challan on time, then an official from traffic police department will visit your communication address to collect the fine amount.
Within how many days should I pay my challan?
You must pay your challan within 60 days of its issuance.
I was caught riding my bike without a driving licence. What will be the fine amount imposed?
You will be levied a fine amount ranging between Rs.100 and Rs.300.