The system of the e-Challan had been introduced in October, 2013. This had replaced the paper challan system. An e-challan mixes state-of-the-art technology and also the Traffic Police of the city services. An ANPR camera will record the violation and immediately send the screen grab to the nearest police room.
The computer in the police control room will prepare a receipt which will have all details of the violation and the receipt will have bar code and also a payment link for making instant payment. The servers in the police rooms will get access to the Regional Transport Office (RTO) and NIC servers and can then get information for all violators. This receipt will be sent to the registered mobile number with the servers. The offender can then make the payment for this e-challan via the link which was sent on the mobile.
Payment of Your Chandigarh Traffic Challan
Pay Your Chandigarh Traffic Challan Offline:
- Go to any Chandigarh Police officer who has an eChallan machine and give the officer your challan details. These include registration number, challan number, and driving license number.
- You can also visit the Chandigarh Police headquarters and make the challan payment.
- You can send a demand draft, a cheque, or pay order to the Chandigarh Police headquarters via courier.
- You can create a money order via the post office and then send this to the Chandigarh Police headquarters.
Pay Your Chandigarh Traffic Challan Online
- Step 1: Visit the website, https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accused-challan
- Step 2: Type in details like vehicle number, driving licence number and challan number.
- Step 4: Key in the Captcha code and click on ‘Get Details’
- Step 5: Verify all details of the challan, and proceed to make the payment
Pay Your Chandigarh Traffic Challan Via Paytm
- Step 1: Open the Paytm app or visit the website, https://paytm.com/
- Step 2: Choose 'More’
- Step 3: Select ‘Challan’
- Step 4: Choose your traffic authority of the city and type in your driving licence number, RC number and challan number.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Proceed’
- Step 6: Verify the details of the Challan
- Step 7: Type in the amount that you need to pay and make the payment
How to Check Traffic Fine and e-Challan Status
- Step 1: Visit the website, https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/
- Step 2: Choose 'Check Challan Status’
- Step 3: Type in the challan number, vehicle number, and driving license number for getting the pending notices and E-Challan information
- Step 4: Type in your Captcha code and select ‘Get Details’
If you want to register a complaint with regard to your e-challan directly with the Chandigarh Police, you can visit http://chandigarhpolice.gov.in/ and select 'Services Rendered tab’.
Traffic Rules Violations in Chandigarh
Exceeding the speed limit
This is a common violation in the city and the police have levied a high fine for any person who is caught over-speeding. You will have to pay Rs.700 for your first offence and Rs.1,000 for every subsequent offence.
In Chandigarh, you are legally allowed to drive only if you are 18 years of age and above. You should also have a valid driving licence. If you violate the rule, you will have to paid Rs.500.
Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while driving
Chandigarh has not rolled out any specific amount for the fine for this rule. However, if you are intoxicated while driving, you will be charged a fee.
Driving without a valid driving licence
If you do not have a valid driving licence and are caught driving a vehicle, you will be fined Rs. 300 to Rs.500.
Driving a vehicle with excessive pollution
If your vehicle violates the pollution standards you will be fined Rs.1,000 for your first offence and Rs.2,000 for the subsequent offences.
FAQs on Check E-Challan Status in Chandigarh
- What will happen if I do not pay my Chandigarh e-challan amount?
If you do not pay the fine within 60 days, you will be visited by a Traffic Police officer and he/she will collect the fine from your house.
- Who will collect the traffic fines in Chandigarh?
The Chandigarh Police have been authorised to collect the e-Challan traffic fines.
- How should I check my Chandigarh traffic Challan online?
You can check the Chandigarh e-Challan by visiting https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/