FAStag – All you need to know in detail:
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) in partnership with the Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL) has mandated that the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launch the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) under which the FASTag program has been introduced all over the country.
What is FAStag?
FASTag is a device that is attached to the windscreen of the vehicle. It uses Radio Frequency IDentification Technology (RFID) that helps deduct the required toll fee automatically from the prepaid account linked to it.
What are the benefits of using IndusInd Bank FASTag?
FASTag has numerous benefits some of which are as follows:
- No need for cash transactions at toll plazas.
- Cuts down time taken to transition through toll plazas.
- Saves on fuel since there is no waiting time at the toll plaza.
- Can be recharged online through payment apps, internet banking, or cards.
- SMS alert each time fee is deducted or when it is low balance.
- Cashback of 2.5% for FY2019-20 on all toll payments on the National Highway
How can I recharge my IndusInd Bank FAStag Account?
You can recharge your FASTag account through the following ways:
- Your FASTag account can be easily recharged with cash through your IndusInd Bank branch.
- You can recharge it with cash at the Point of Sale (PoS) locations near the toll plazas.
- You can also recharge it online on the FASTag customer portal of IndusInd Bank.
- You can also recharge it online through net banking and through debit/ credit cards.
- It can also be recharged online through RTGS and NEFT payment modes.
How do I check my FASTag balance?
An SMS alert will be sent to your registered mobile number each time an amount is deducted from the prepaid account that is linked to your FASTag.
FAStag Joining fee and Charges
These are the joining fee and charges for FASTag for various vehicles:
|Type of Vehicle||Minimum load (Rs)||Security Deposit (Rs)||Joining Fee (Rs)||Closure Fee (Rs)||Replacement Fee (Rs)|
|Car/van/jeep/small commercial vehicle||200||200||100||100||100|
|3-axle commercial vehicle||300||300||100||100||100|
|Light commercial vehicle||300||300||100||100||100|
|4-to 6-axle vehicle||400||400||100||100||100|
|7 or 7+ axle vehicle||400||400||100||100||100|
|Earth Moving Equipment/Heavy Construction Machinery||500||500||100||100||100|
Documents required to apply for FASTag
These are the documents you need to apply for FASTag:
FAQs on IndusInd Bank FASTag
- Can I avail a monthly pass?
There is no facility right now to avail a monthly pass online. However, it can be bought directly from the tollbooth. When paying for the pass, you would have to inform the toll operator about your FASTag details so that the monthly pass can be mapped to it.
- Are there any specific lanes designated for FASTag?
Yes, you will have to drive through the lanes that are FASTag designated.
- How do I get the cashback amount?
The cashback amount is credited to your account within 20 working days from the end of the month.
- What is the minimum recharge top up and maximum recharge top up?
The minimum amount for top up is Rs.100 while the maximum is Rs.1 lakh, provided it is an account that is KYC verified.
- Is FASTag required if I live close to a toll plaza and have to drive through frequently?
If you live within 10 kilometres of a toll plaza, you will get a concession on your FASTag but you still would require a FASTag. For this, you will have to provide documents that prove your residence is within 10 km of the toll plaza.