The IDBI FASTag facilitates easier payments of toll plaza fees without the need to use cash. The Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology used by the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) system debits payments directly from the FASTag wallet or account linked to it. The FASTag is affixed on the windscreen and enables vehicle to move faster through toll plazas, eliminating traffic congestion and making travel easier for all. With the government now making it mandatory for all vehicles to be affixed with the FASTag, it is important to get yours as soon as possible. You can easily purchase and recharge a FASTag from IDBI Bank.
Features of IDBI FASTag
The following are some of the many features of the IDBI FASTag:
- Faster transition through toll plazas because of less traffic congestion
- Cashless payment without having to worry about exact change
- Easily rechargeable online at any time of the day or night
- Multiple modes of payment through debit or credit cards, net banking, IMPS, UPI, etc.
- Instant alerts on deduction of toll fee or low balance for transparency and convenience
- Reduced usage of paper
- Reduction in financial expenditure and human effort at toll plazas
Fees and Charges
The following are the various fees and charges for the IDBI FASTag:
|Tag Class||Type of Vehicle||Tag Deposit (Rs.)||Minimum Recharge at Time of Activation (Rs.)|
|4||Cars, vans, jeeps||200||Nil|
|4||Mini light commercial vehicles||200||200|
|5||Light commercial vehicles||300||300|
|7||Bus or truck (2-axle)||500||300|
|12||Tractor/Tractor with trailer/Truck (with 4/5/ or 6-axle)||500||300|
|15||Truck (7 or more axles)||500||300|
|16||Heavy construction vehicles||500||300|
|Issuance or Reissuance Charges||Rs. 100 (Incl of Taxes)|
Points to be noted:
- There will be a convenience fee for recharges that are done online
- Taxes will be levied as applicable for each fee
- Tag deposits and security deposit are refundable at the time of FASTag account closure
How to Apply for IDBI FASTag
You can apply for an IDBI FASTag either offline or online.
- Visit the nearest branch of IDBI Bank with the required documents, fill in the application form, and open the account
- Use the Point of Sale (POS) at a toll plaza with the required documents
Online: Visit the bank's official website, fill in the required details, and upload the documents requested.
Documents Required for IDBI FASTag
These are the documents required to apply for IDBI FASTag:
- Valid KYC documents
- Registration Certificate (RC) of vehicle for which FASTag is being applied for
Types of IDBI FASTag accounts
There are two categories of IDBI FASTag accounts:
Limited or Prepaid: FASTag is linked to a savings or current account. The monthly reload limit and the maximum amount that can be loaded into the FASTag account is Rs.10,000. Only minimum KYC documentation is required for this.
Full KYC FASTag account: Full KYC documents, copy of the vehicle's RC, photograph of the customer is required. There is no monthly cap for reload but there is a Rs.1 lakh limit in the account.
How to Recharge Your IDBI FASTag Online
Here is how to recharge your IDBI FASTag:
- Step 1: Log in to your FASTag account on the IDBI official website
- Step 2: Click on ''Payments for Recharge''
- Step 3: Select as applicable - ''Tag/CUG wallet recharge''
- Step 4: Select the payment mode (debit card, credit card, cheque, net banking, RTGS/NEFT/IMPS, UPI, etc.) and make the payment
- Step 5: Your recharge will be complete
IDBI Bank FASTag FAQs
What is the IDBI FASTag validity?
FASTag has a validity of five years.
Can I transfer my FASTag to a new car if I sell my old car?
No, you are not permitted to use FASTag for more than one vehicle. If you sell or transfer the ownership of your vehicle, you will have to close the FASTag account associated with it by informing the bank.
What should I do if my IDBI FASTag gets damaged?
If your IDBI FASTag gets damaged, surrender the damaged tag to the bank and you will be issued a new tag after payment of the issuance fee.