The Commissionerate of Transport, Government of Gujarat is responsible for ensuring a smooth public transportation system, 4 KB SCOSTA-based smart-card driving licence and issuance of learner's licence (computerised) among others in the state.
Procedure for Acquiring a Learner's License in Gujarat
It is important to note that the holder of a learner's license should be under the supervision of an individual who holds a permanent driving licence.
An applicant needs to take a test which consists of 15 questions on traffic rules, regulations and signage among others. An applicant has to answer at least 11 questions correctly to clear the test. In case an applicant fails, he can take another test after 24 hours.
An applicant has to follow specific procedures to obtain a learner’s license online as listed below:
- Applicants should log on to http://sarathi.nic.in (acrobat reader version 9 should be available)
- Click on the link - ‘Issue of learning license to me’ from the menu bar
- A form will appear which should be filled out. Fields marked in red colour are mandatory
- Applicants should click on the ‘submit’ button
- Applicants should note down the application number for seeking appointment
- For booking appointment for the test, applicants should click on ‘Appointment for LL Test’
- Application number and date of birth should be submitted for selecting a slot
- Acknowledgement slip should be printed
- Applicant should then report at the RTO with the acknowledgement slip 15 minutes before the scheduled slot
Learner’s License Question Bank
An applicant can download question banks related to learner’s license computer test in English, Gujarati and Hindi versions at http://rtogujarat.gov.in/download.php. Also, form 4 related to learner’s license can be downloaded in the Gujarati version at http://rtogujarat.gov.in/form.php.
Fee for learner’s license
The fee for obtaining a learner’s license is listed in the table below:
|Learner’s license test||Rs.25|
|Learner’s license (per class of vehicle)||Rs.30|
Learner’s License in Gujarat
The following table lists out important particulars related to learner's license in Gujarat
|Validity period||Six months|
|Failing preliminary test||
|Training from Motor Driving School||
How to Apply Learning Licence in Gujarat FAQs
- Can I hold more than two learning license in Gujarat?
No, you cannot hold more than two learning license in Gujarat.
- I have a car and a bike. Do I need two learning license?
Yes, you will need two learning license. One for your bike and one for your car. You may have to pay additional fees.
- I need to change my address on my learner license? Is it possible?
Yes, you will have to submit a form along with the required address proof to change the address on your learner license.
- Do I need to train myself at a training school to obtain a learner’s license?
Yes, you will need to obtain a certificate from a training school which states that you have learned the basic of driving a vehicle.
- Do I need to drive the vehicle during the learner’s license test in Gujarat?
No, you will not be required to drive the vehicle during the learner’s license test in Gujarat.