Paytm FASTag is an electronic device issued by Paytm under the NETC program run by NPCI as per the recommendations of NHAI and IHMCL. This toll tag enabled with RFID technology allows automatic deduction of toll charges at the toll plazas on National Highways. A vehicle affixed with a Paytm FASTag can pass through any toll collection booth without any stop for paying the toll fee in cash. It can be used at more than 450 toll plazas on National Highways across the country.
How does it work?
Paytm FASTag operates by employing Radio-Frequency Identification Technology (RFID). You can purchase it online through Paytm website or app by paying Rs.500. It will take 24 to 48 business hours for the FASTag to get activated after its issuance. It will be linked to your Paytm Payments Bank account and Paytm Wallet. After activation, the tag will be attached to your car’s windscreen.
As soon as you approach a toll collection booth on the National Highways, the RFID readers installed at the booth will scan the information available in the tag. Upon successful reading of the tag, the applicable toll amount will be automatically debited from your Paytm wallet. A transaction SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number once the amount gets auto-debited. Next, the boom barrier will automatically open and you can drive through the toll plaza without stopping for a while.
Features and Benefits of Paytm FASTag
- Paytm FASTag allows you to make automatic cashless transactions at toll plazas on National Highways without relying on cash.
- As it facilitates instant toll payments, you can save your valuable time and fuel which otherwise get wasted while standing idle in long toll queues.
- You will get assured cashback of 2.5% into your FASTag Paytm Wallet for FY 2019-20 on every transaction made through your Paytm FASTag at NHAI toll plazas. The amount will get credited to your account on a monthly basis.
- A Paytm FASTag can be used only for one vehicle. If you have two vehicles or a fleet, you must get separate FASTags for each of them for smooth operation.
- You can use the FASTag only at select toll plazas while passing through the exclusive FASTag lane demarcated for its usage.
- In order to avail this facility, you need to have a Paytm wallet. The FASTag Wallet will be created as a sub wallet under the Paytm wallet.
- Your Paytm FASTag account can be recharged online through your Paytm Wallet.
- You can avail a tag-based monthly pass for a particular toll plaza. It will help in saving a significant amount of toll cost if you pass through the particular toll plaza on a regular basis.
- Paytm FASTag comes with unlimited validity until it depreciates due to wear and tear or is tampered with. If it is damaged or can’t be read at toll plazas, you can request for tag replacement by paying a one-time fee of Rs.200.
- Your Paytm wallet can be recharged online by using various transaction modes like Credit Card, Debit Card, NEFT, and Net Banking.
- You can recharge your FASTag account with as low an amount as you prefer. There is no minimum recharge value.
- The maximum Fastag recharge amount for Paytm FASTag is Rs.1 lakh. This means you can’t have more than Rs.1 lakh in your FASTag account at any point in time.
- You can close or deactivate your Paytm FASTag account anytime without paying any deactivation fee.
Since the Paytm FASTag will be linked to a prepaid account, you will have to submit your KYC documents as per the terms and conditions of the bank. Here are the documents to be submitted:
Fees and Charges for Paytm FASTag
The fees and charges for the issuance of Paytm FASTag are fixed for different vehicle classes.
Besides, the issuance fee you will also need to pay a security deposit and a threshold amount additionally.
Here are the various vehicle classes and the prices for their tags:
1. Tag Issuance Fee
|Vehicle Class||Vehicle Type||Tag Price|
|4||Car/Jeep/Van/TATA Ace and similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle (LMV)||Rs.100|
|5||Light commercial vehicle 2-axle/Mini Bus||Rs.100|
|6||Bus 3-axle/ Truck 3-axle||Rs.100|
|7||Bus 2-axle/Truck 2-axle||Rs.100|
|12||Regular tractor/Tractor with trailer, Truck 4-axle, Truck 5-axle, and Truck 6-axle||Rs.100|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||Rs.100|
|16||Earth Moving/Heavy Construction Machinery||Rs.100|
2. One-time Security Deposit: A one-time security amount of Rs.250 needs to be deposited at the time of FASTag purchase. The amount will be refunded at the time of closing your FASTag account.
3. Convenience Fee: Minimal convenience fee will be charged for all FASTag transactions conducted online.
*A threshold amount/minimum Fastag balance of Rs.150 needs to be maintained in your Paytm FASTag Wallet.
Note: The refundable security deposit and threshold amount may vary depending on the vehicle class.
MRP of Paytm FASTag
The MRP of Paytm FASTag is Rs.500 (inclusive of all taxes). Here is the price break up for the tag as mentioned on the official website of Paytm:
- Tag price - Rs.100
- One-time security deposit - Rs.250
- Threshold amount - Rs.150
How to Apply for Paytm FASTag
You can apply for a Paytm FASTag online by filling up a simple application form. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the official website of Paytm at https://paytm.com.
- On the home page, navigate to ‘More’ listed as page headings along with the services on a horizontal bar.
- Click on ‘FASTag’ from the drop-down menu. You will be directed to the ‘Paytm FASTag’ page.
- Provide your vehicle registration number in the form appearing on the page.
- Upload the front photo and back photo of your vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC). Ensure that the size of the RC photos is not more than 2 MB.
- Click on ‘Buy for Rs.500’. Next, sign in to your Paytm account with the registered Paytm mobile number or email ID and password.
- Make sure to add money to your Paytm wallet so that toll plazas can automatically deduct money from your wallet for toll payment.
- Upon successful verification of your documents and details, you will be issued with a Paytm FASTag. The tag will be delivered to your address.
You will also have to furnish the original vehicle registration copy for the purpose of tag issuance. After its issuance, the tag will get activated and ready for use within 24 to 48 business hours. Make sure to recharge your Paytm account/wallet minimum 30 minutes before driving through a toll plaza.
Where can you use your Paytm FASTag?
You can use the Paytm FASTag only at select toll plazas across National Highways that are listed under the NETC program. The tag will be functional only in the special lanes demarcated for FASTag users. Thus, to enjoy an automatic toll payment facility, you will have to drive your vehicle through these ETC lanes. However, by paying the toll fee in cash you can drive your vehicle with FASTag through any lane at toll plazas. If you don’t have a valid FASTag, avoid entering the FASTag lanes. If you enter by mistake you will be charged double the applicable toll fee in cash.
Customer Care Details of Paytm FASTag
- 24x7 toll-free number: 18001026480
- Email support: Fastag@paytm.com
You can get in touch with the customer representatives of Paytm on this toll-free number to get your queries and concerns addressed. You may also write to them at the given email address.
- Is it compulsory to buy a FASTag for my vehicle?
- How to get a FASTag if I reside in a location with a non-serviceable pin code or my vehicle belongs to a vehicle class other than light-weight vehicles?
No, it is not compulsory to buy FASTag for your vehicle. It is completely voluntary as of now. However, it is suggested that you should avail this service to facilitate the electronic toll collection initiative of the government.
In such cases, contact Paytm through its online portal by following the given steps:
- Go to the FASTag page at https://paytm.com/fastag.
- Fill the online form given under ‘Get in Touch’ section with details like your name, mobile number, email address, city, state, pin code, vehicle type, and vehicle registration number.
- Once done, click on ‘Submit’.
Yes, you can. However, before usage make sure that the previous owner of your vehicle has deactivated the old FASTag assigned to it.
In order to deactivate your Paytm FASTag call the toll-free helpline of Paytm and raise a FASTtag closure request. Next, apply for a refund of the security deposit that you had paid at the time of tag issuance.
Yes, you can apply for a FASTag from Paytm if your vehicle is registered with a chassis number or vehicle identification number. In such an instance just call the customer care number of the company to get the chassis number updated with your vehicle registration number.
In case there is a delay in the delivery of your FASTag get in touch with the customer helpline number. You can also check the delivery timeline by entering your pin code in the tracker provided on the FASTag purchase page.
No, you can't. Since FASTag is not transferable, it is not possible to use the FASTag issued for one vehicle for another vehicle. You will have to apply for a separate FASTag for the other vehicle.
To report an incorrect deduction made from your FASTag account contact the company at their toll-free number. Choose option 2 in the IVR menu to file a complaint. The company will review your request and if the claim is genuine will refund the amount.
In case you are having this issue at multiple toll plazas, call the toll-free customer care number of Paytm and raise a request by selecting option 2 in the IVR menu.
Yes, you are eligible to get concession for local vehicles in this case. Purchase a Paytm FASTag to avail concession on toll charges at the specific plaza.
Immediately call the Paytm customer care number and ask them to close your FASTag. Then apply for a new FASTag with the company. You will be issued with a new FASTag with the same balance amount that was present in your account at the time of closing the lost FASTag.
Yes, FASTag is interoperable and it will work on all the FASTag-enabled toll plazas in the country. However, before you relocate inform the company about the same.
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Kerala
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Bangalore
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Hyderabad
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Mumbai
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Mp
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Nagpur
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Kolkata
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Haryana
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Delhi
- Traffic Offences and Penalties in Gujarat