Equitas FASTag is simple to use and enables automatic deduction of toll charges on national highways. The rechargeable tag employs Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology and is fixed on the windscreen of the vehicle for a hassle-free trip.
Benefits of using Equitas FASTag:
The benefits of using Equitas FASTag are listed below:
- Access your statements by logging on the FASTag portal
- Recharge the FASTag account online using the debit card or the net banking facility
- Need not carry cash for toll payments
- Receive alerts through SMS on the registered mobile number for all transactions done on FASTag
- Helps you save time and fuel
How to recharge my Equitas FAStag Account?
You can recharge your tag account online by making payment through UPI, debit card or through net banking facility. The account can also be recharged at Equitas Small Finance Bank branches or at the Point of Sale (POS) locations near toll plazas and by paying cash.
How to buy Equitas FAStag?
Step by step procedure to buy Equitas FAStag using UPI :
In order to buy Equitas FASTag using UPI, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to any UPI PSP app
- Enter the beneficiary UPI ID/VPA
- Type beneficiary as NETC.VEHICLENUMBER@EQUITAS. If your vehicle number is TNXXXXXXX, you will need to type NETC.TNXXXXXXX@equitas
- Click on the ‘Pay’ option and enter the rechargeable amount
- Authenticate the transaction with the UPI transaction PIN
- If the recharge is successful, it will immediately reflect in the tag balance.
Step by step procedure to buy Equitas FAStag using Net Banking :
To recharge Equitas FASTag through net banking, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log into the customer portal using the username and password
- Go to ‘Recharge Account’ under the Payments tab
- Select the tag account to be recharged
- Enter the amount
- Choose the payment mode and click ‘Continue’
- Select the bank and ‘Continue’
- Provide the details of your bank account and complete the payment
Equitas FAStag Joining fee and Charges :
The charges applicable for Equitas FASTag are listed in the table below:
|Courier Charges for tags sold online||Rs.50 + taxes|
|Vehicle Description||Vehicle Class||Tag Joining Fee||Security Deposit||First Wallet Load Amount||Total|
|Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||4||Rs.100||Rs.300||Rs.100||Rs.500|
|Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle/ mini bus||5||Nil||Rs.200||Rs.200||Rs.400|
|Truck 7-axle and above||15||Nil||Rs.500||Rs.300||Rs.800|
|Earth Moving/ Heavy Construction Machine||16||Nil||Rs.500||Rs.300||Rs.800|
Documents required to apply for Equitas FASTag:
In order to apply for Equitas FASTag, you will need to provide the following documents along with your application:
- Your passport size photograph
- KYC documents (as per the category of the vehicle owner)
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle
FAQs on Equitas FASTag:
- Which are the roads where I can use the Equitas Bank FASTag?
The FASTags can be used in as many as 680 toll plazas across the country which are located through different national and state highways. As per the plans under the FASTag programme in India, more toll plazas will be added to the process in the future.
- What is the minimum and maximum value for FASTag recharge?
The minimum and maximum recharge value for FASTag is Rs.100 and Rs.1 lakh, respectively. However, the maximum recharge value will be subject to a Full-KYC account.
- What is the joining fee required for issuing a FASTag?
In order to issue a FASTag, a joining fee of Rs.100 is charged. This amount is inclusive of all taxes. The security deposit applicable in these cases is dependent on the type of the vehicle. The security deposit is refundable and the refund amount will be based on the type of the vehicle.
- Can I pass through any lane at the toll plazas if I have a FASTag?
No, you will have to use the lane which is designated for FASTag. The FASTag lane allows you to pass without the need to stop and thus, makes the whole process hassle-free.
- I have damaged or lost my Equitas Bank FASTag? What should I do in this case?
In the case you lose or damage your Equitas Bank FASTag RFID tag, you should get in touch with the customer care of Equitas directly through their customer care number. Once you have informed the loss of the tag, Equitas Bank will block the previous FASTag and issue a new one. If you have had remaining balance on the card, the same will be refunded to your new card once it is issued.