FAStag – All you need to know in detail
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is collaborating with the Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL) had issued guidelines to the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) under which the FASTag program was introduced.
What is FAStag?
FASTag is a system that helps to facilitate quicker processing of cars through toll plazas on the national highway.
How Does FAStag Work?
FASTag is a device that is attached to the windshield of the vehicle. This is read by the tag reader. The required toll amount is then deducted directly from the prepaid account that is linked to it.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
There are many benefits to using FASTag.
- You don’t have to stop at toll plazas to pay the toll fee anymore.
- When others too use FASTtag, this means a faster transition for all vehicles through toll plazas without any traffic buildups.
- Saving of time and fuel for all.
- It also leads to better highway management and more detailed analytics that helps in enhancing security.
- With the City Union Bank (CUB) FASTag, you also get 5% cashback for FY 2018-2019 and 2.5% cashback for FY 2019-2020.
- Top-up of the FASTag account can be easily done online through net banking or debit/credit cards.
How can I recharge City Union Bank FAStag Account?
Fastag recharge can be done through UPI payment apps. These could be CUB BHIM, PhonePe, GPay, BHIM, etc. The minimum recharge amount is Rs.200. Non-KYC customers can recharge to a maximum of Rs.10,000 while KYC customers can recharge to a maximum of Rs.1 lakh.
The FASTag linked account can be recharged through the FASTAg customer portal on the City Union Bank website. This can be done through internet banking, debit card, or credit card.
How do I check my FASTag balance?
You can check your FASTag balance through an SMS alert on your registered mobile number that is sent to you whenever money is deducted from it.
Also, when your account balance gets to the minimum amount, an SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Is FASTag mandatory?
The toll fee that has to be paid by non-FASTag holders will be higher than for those with FASTags. A circular by the Road Ministry states that there will be dedicated lanes for FASTag vehicles by 1 December 2019.
City Union Bank FAStag Joining fee and Charges:
These are the joining fee and charges for FASTag for various vehicles:
|Type of Vehicle||Joining Fee (Rs)||Security Deposit (Rs)||Replacement Fee (Rs)||Minimum load (Rs)||Closure Fee (Rs)|
|Car/van/jeep/small commercial vehicle||100||200||100||200||100|
|Light commercial vehicle||100||300||100||300||100|
|3-axle commercial vehicle||100||300||100||300||100|
|4-to 6-axle vehicle||100||400||100||400||100|
|7 or 7+ axle vehicle||100||400||100||400||100|
|Earth Moving Equipment/Heavy Construction Machinery||100||500||100||500||100|
Documents required to apply for FASTag:
The documents required to apply for FASTag are the following:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card (for non-CUB customers)
- Vehicle’s RC book
- Passport size photo of the vehicle’s owner
Frequently Asked Questions on FASTag
- How do I surrender my FASTag and get the loaded amount back?
To surrender your CUB FASTag, all you have to do is contact the City Union Bank branch that is closest to you. After verification, the balance loaded amount will be transferred back to your account.
- What do I do in case I am selling my car/Buying a second-hand car, bearing a FASTag?
All you have to do is get in touch with the bank by calling customer care at 18002587200.
- Can one FASTag be used for two vehicles?
A FASTag can only be linked to one vehicle, so if you have more than one vehicle, you would have to apply for separate FASTags for each vehicle.
- What should I do if Iose my FASTag?
If you lose your FASTag, get in touch with the bank as soon as possible. You will have to apply for a new FASTag. Also, you don’t have to worry if there is any balance remaining as the balance in your old account will be transferred to your new account.
- Should I take a different FASTag if I relocate to a different city?
No, you don’t have to take different FASTags for different cities. FASTags can be used nationwide at all toll plazas.