The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) in collaboration with the Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL) has ordered the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) under which the FASTag program was introduced all over India.
What is FAStag?
FASTag is a reusable tag with Radio Frequency IDentification Technology (RFID) that is fixed on the vehicle’s windscreen. This is linked to a prepaid account from which toll charges are automatically deducted.
What are the benefits of using Bank of Baroda FASTag?
- Cashless payment at toll plazas. No need to rummage for change anymore.
- Reduced commute time and faster transitions through toll plazas.
- Saving of fuel as vehicles are not left idling for long.
- Top-ups and recharges can be done quickly and securely through UPI payment apps, internet banking, credit and debit cards.
- For FY2019-2020, cashback of 2.5% from Bank of Baroda.
How can I recharge my Bank of Baroda FAStag Account?
Recharge can be easily done by cash or debit/credit card, internet banking, or UPI payment apps. It can also be done at Point of Sale (PoS) locations.
How do I check my Bank of Baroda FASTag balance?
An SMS alert is sent to your registered mobile number every time a deduction is made from the prepaid account linked to the FASTag. When the balance is minimum, an SMS is sent alerting you of this as well.
Bank of Baroda FAStag Joining fee and Charges
|Type of Vehicle||Security Deposit (Rs)||Joining Fee(Rs)||Minimum load(Rs)||Replacement Fee (Rs)||Closure Fee (Rs)|
|Car/van/jeep/small commercial vehicle||200||100||200||100||100|
|Light commercial vehicle||300||100||300||100||100|
|3-axle commercial vehicle||300||100||300||100||100|
|4-to 6-axle vehicle||400||100||400||100||100|
|7 or 7+ axle vehicle||400||100||400||100||100|
|Earth Moving Equipment/Heavy Construction Machinery||500||100||500||100||100|
Documents required to apply for Bank of Baroda FASTag
- Vehicle’s RC book
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photo of the vehicle’s owner
FAQs on Bank of Baroda FASTag:
- What is the validity of Bank of Baroda FASTag?
The validity is for 5 years. After issuance of the card, you only need to recharge or top it up as required.
- Can I use the same FASTag for more than one vehicle?
The FASTag is issued on the basis of KYC documents and cannot be used for more than one vehicle.
- What are the issuance charges for Bank of Baroda FASTag?
The FASTag issuance charges are Rs.100 which is inclusive of applicable taxes.
- Is there a security deposit for the FASTag?
Yes, there is a security deposit that is refundable which depends on the type of vehicle and the minimum threshold of recharge at the time of activation of the tag.
- How do I get in touch with Bank of Baroda customer care for any questions related to FASTag?
The customer care number for Bank of Baroda is 1800 103 4560. It is important to get your account registered by using the customer portal on the bank’s website. An SMS with log-in details will be then sent to your registered mobile number.