Axis Bank FASTag Program is the digital toll tag service offered by Axis Bank that allows you to pay tolls on highways through a cashless method. The tag with a prepaid account and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology is affixed on your vehicle’s windshield. It makes the toll payment process smooth and quick without you having to wait in long lines.
The toll amount gets deducted from your account automatically and you will receive an SMS alert whenever you make a transaction with your tag. When you use the Axis FASTag in select toll booths for the first year, you will receive a cashback of 10%. This FASTag will be valid for a period of 5 years.
Features and Benefits of Axis Bank FASTag Program
- With the availability of this facility, you do not have to worry about carrying cash while commuting on the highway. You can pay your toll charges through this digital method conveniently.
- The amount will get deducted from your prepaid account.
- You can recharge your account regularly by paying through cash, credit card, cheque, net banking, RTGS, or NEFT.
- Whenever you make a transaction with your tag, you will receive an SMS alert.
- You can check your Axis Bank FASTag statements by logging into the FASTag customer portal.
- This facility is available at more than 470 toll collection booths on both state and national highways.
- You can use one FASTag for only one vehicle. If you have more than 1 vehicle, you will be required to get a different tag.
Fees and Charges for Axis Bank FASTag Program
These are the FASTag fees and charges that you will have to pay for your Axis Bank FASTag:
|Type of fee||Amount (in Rs.)|
|One-time tag joining fee||Rs.100 (inclusive of taxes)|
|Reissuance fees||Rs.100 (inclusive of taxes)|
Refundable one-time tag deposit amount
|Type of vehicle class||Description||Tag deposit|
|4||Car, van, jeep, Tata Ace, and mini light commercial which is similar||Rs.200|
|5||Light commercial vehicle with 2-axle or Mini Bus||Rs.300|
|7||Bus 2-axle or truck 2-axle||Rs.400|
|12||Tractor, truck 4-axle, tractor with trailer, truck 5-axle, truck 6-axle||Rs.500|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||Rs.500|
|16||Earth moving or heavy construction machinery||Rs.500|
You will have to pay the deposit rates for the tags before you receive the tag. When you close your FASTag account, you will get back your deposit amount as refund.
How can I buy Axis Bank FASTag?
You can get your own Axis Bank FASTag through the following steps:
- Visit a Point of Sale (POS) location at any toll collection booth on a highway to create your tag account.
- Visit any Axis Bank branch and request for creating a tag account.
- Make sure you have your vehicle and copies of your KYC documents when you go to apply for your Axis Bank FASTag.
- You may also call the bank at 18004198585 for availing Axis Bank FASTag.
- You may also write an email to buy the tag by using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents Required to Apply for Axis Bank FASTag
Your Axis Bank FASTag will be linked to a prepaid account. Hence, Know Your Customer (KYC) documentation is very vital. With the original and copy of your KYC document, you will be required to submit the following:
- Duly filled FASTag Application form
- Registration Certificate (RC) of your vehicle
- The KYC documents that are accepted include Passport, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, and Aadhar Card.
How Do I Log in to My Axis Bank FASTag Account?
You can log in to your Axis Bank FASTag online by going to the Axis Bank FASTag section:
- You will see a portal login option. Click on this and you will see ‘For retail’, ‘For corporate’, and ‘For Concessionaire’. Click on ‘For retail’.
- If you are a first-time user, you will have to register online and set a password.
- You can then log in with your user ID, wallet ID, RF ID, phone number, or vehicle registration number.
- Enter your password and the captcha code.
- Then, enter the captcha code, and click on ‘Login’.
How long is an Axis Bank FASTag account valid for?
It is valid for a period of 5 years. Once you buy it, you will have to recharge Fastag or top up according to your requirements.
Where can I use my Axis Bank FASTag at?
You can use this tag at any national highway toll collection booth. You can view the full list of all the highways on the official website of Axis Bank FASTag.
Can I purchase any monthly pass to use my Axis Bank FASTag?
Yes, there are monthly passes available at every toll plaza and this can differ from booth to booth. You can purchase one by getting in touch with the bank or by going to a toll collection booth.
If an incorrect deduction of the toll amount occurs, what do I do?
When such an incident occurs, you can call the customer care centre of Axis Bank FASTag. They will take care of the issue and give you a resolution.
For recharging or topping up my Axis Bank FASTag account, is there any minimum amount?
Yes, there is a minimum amount and it is Rs.100.
Will I have to use a separate lane at the toll booth on the highway to make use of my Axis Bank FASTag account?
Yes, there are separate lanes at toll plazas that are made exclusively for vehicles that have FASTags.
How can I recharge my Axis Bank FASTag account?
You can recharge your FASTag account through your net banking account, RTGS, or NEFT.
If the ETC equipment is not working at a toll collection booth on the highway, what do I do?
If you have adequate balance in your Axis Bank FASTag account, and if the ETC equipment is not functioning, then you can pay the toll fee with cash at the toll collection booth. After making the payment, you can call the bank on the customer care number at 1800-4198-585. You can explain the inconvenience faced by you, and a customer care executive will resolve your query. You may also log in to the Axis Bank FASTag web portal in order to raise a request for fixing your issue.